GCam for S20 FE

Search This thread

xda rocks

Hi,
I am going to buy S20 FE Exynos version (only Exynos version is available in India).
Though I know the Samsung's stock camera works best, I absolutely in love with GCAM.
If someone knows where should we find the latest Gcam version for Exynos. It would be a great help for all of the Exynos owners.

Waiting to listen from any of you.....!!:confused::confused:

Reactions: AtxX

xmarkx88

Aug 17, 2010
Here is a link that has many gcam variations. I have tried several, but none of them seem to support the telephoto correctly. In the ones that provide options for aux cameras, the tele button actually loads to the wide angle camera instead of zoom.

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-suggested/

I've had the best success with Urnyx and Arnova with the former being the better. Some of the other ones that I've tried force close.

Reactions: beitme

xda rocks

Attachments

• gcam.JPG
    gcam.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,276

xda rocks

Here is a link that has many gcam variations. I have tried several, but none of them seem to support the telephoto correctly. In the ones that provide options for aux cameras, the tele button actually loads to the wide angle camera instead of zoom.

I've had the best success with Urnyx and Arnova with the former being the better. Some of the other ones that I've tried force close.

Is this only for SD or even Exynos can also try?:confused:

Wilazn

Nov 23, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I saw a exynos version mentioned in the forum you mentioned. Can't I used them instead? (Pease see the attachment
Ah they just have just added that. Wasnt there last time I checked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I'm getting a FC when I use night sight with Arnova and Urynx.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Esormit88

Oct 28, 2020
The Urnyx05 7.2 GCam is the only stable one for me.

EDIT: on S20 FE 5G with SD865. Only working sensor is the main, but it's stable.

Last edited:

vanyapoker

Oct 29, 2020
Installed "GCam 7.4 for Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Exynos)
GCam 7.4 by Zoran –"
Works good on exynos non 5g version. Night mode is way better and faster on gcam!

Esormit88

Oct 28, 2020
all tele - wide - ultrawide lens working? astro, night site and selfie working?

I just found out how to enable the other lenses and tested them. Enabling the aux lenses WILL crash the app and you have to Clear Data to get it back. Otherwise, normal lens, portrait, night sight, astro, front camera, video, optical video stabilization, all work and is stable.

Onepunchbro

Oct 15, 2017
The Urnyx05 7.2 GCam is the only stable one for me.

EDIT: on S20 FE 5G with SD865. Only working sensor is the main, but it's stable.

I just found out how to enable the other lenses and tested them. Enabling the aux lenses WILL crash the app and you have to Clear Data to get it back. Otherwise, normal lens, portrait, night sight, astro, front camera, video, optical video stabilization, all work and is stable.

Have u tested the latest urnyx gcam? Can u link which urnyx 7.2 apk gcam that you use coz there are many variants of that? thanks

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-urnyx05/

Someguy14201

Nov 9, 2018

Make sure to use the 6.1 version instead of the 7.1 version. It works much better and has better photo quality. Doesn't support ultrawide/telephoto but good for daylight/lowlight photos and especially good for portraits. Wouldn't recommend video recording or anything else. For night-mode you can just use the stock camera which will do a decent job.

sumitagarwal

Jul 12, 2013
I just tested and seems like ultra wide, main, and selfie all work including in RAW (although ultra wide is mapped to 2x). Tele crashes, which is unfortunate since that's the one I want

uicnren

Jun 19, 2007
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 4 XL
Has anyone gotten Astrophotography to actually work?
S20 FE Snapdragon using Urnyx05 version 2.4 (tried a few other versions also). Night Sight works, but Astro never kicks in, with phone completely still in the dark. I see it says some devices will not show the Astro tag, but I never get a long exposure as expected.
Also I do not have the settings under 'advanced' that seem to be needed to enable it (Astro) have tried a few diff .xml files but none seem to change anything.
Curious to know what .xml or .apk anyone is using that actually has Astrophotography working.

Thanks.

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Any updates? How usable is the GCam port on the S20 FE? Also do selfie photos even work? I read that Samsung "blocked" GCam port apps from taking photos with the front-facing camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I am going to buy S20 FE Exynos version (only Exynos version is available in India).
    Though I know the Samsung's stock camera works best, I absolutely in love with GCAM.
    If someone knows where should we find the latest Gcam version for Exynos. It would be a great help for all of the Exynos owners.

Waiting to listen from any of you.....!!:confused::confused:
    Almost works,

I've only seen gcam for the snapdragon. None for Exynos

Thank. It almost works except for the 3x zoom lens (Tele photo?)

Installed "GCam 7.4 for Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Exynos)
    GCam 7.4 by Zoran –"
    Works good on exynos non 5g version. Night mode is way better and faster on gcam!
    I just tested and seems like ultra wide, main, and selfie all work including in RAW (although ultra wide is mapped to 2x). Tele crashes, which is unfortunate since that's the one I want