• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods GCAM for Snapdragon S21 Ultra

Search This thread

bigc004

Jul 22, 2021
You just need to rename the file itself. Rather you do it on your phone, with say Samsung's file manager or another one like Solid Explorer or do it on a computer first than transfer over.
So you just grab one of these configs and rename them?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210727-141513_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210727-141513_Chrome.jpg
    715.7 KB · Views: 71
So you just grab one of these configs and rename them?
I'm sorry. I feel like an idiot. I didn't see or read the initial part of your original post mentioning Greatness.

I actually got the Greatness config from the Telegram group. I've attached 2 configs for it that I downloaded.

The "_motion.xml" file had this note attached to it: "Only thing I changed was setting the motion photos resolution for each lens."

I still think most of the time Arnova's produces the best image all most of the time (especially still/outside), and BSG's right next to it (faster capture speed/focus). If possible and time allows, I sometimes take photos from all 4 GCams, greatness has improved but either I'm not doing something right or it may just be behind the other mods still.

Attachments

• Greatness_S21U_07-20-2021.xml
    14.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Greatness_S21U_07_20_2021_motion.xml
    17.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

ZayaanAhyaan

Dec 2, 2016
It's a little harder for me to optimize for kids since I don't have any lol. Let's simplify things a little. Since you are taking pictures of your son, let's go with BSG since it has the fastest autofocus speeds of the three (in some of your examples, the focus didn't go to your son). Load the BSG xml for that, and also the MWP lib file from today.

I always use HDR Enhanced since it gives the best picture quality. It adds a slight shutter delay, but I'm not usually taking pictures of sports so it's fine for me. You can increase/decrease the amount of HDR frames to increase capture speed as well as adjust exposure compensation in the modules section of BSG. The main camera is module 0.

Arnova is probably best for outdoor/still pictures where you want a little bit of added saturation. Wichaya is a solid all-arounder but definitely for moving kids you want BSG.
The BSG version always freezes for me in about 3 seconds.....any suggestions?

bigc004

Jul 22, 2021
The BSG version always freezes for me in about 3 seconds.....any suggestions?
I'm sorry. I feel like an idiot. I didn't see or read the initial part of your original post mentioning Greatness.

I actually got the Greatness config from the Telegram group. I've attached 2 configs for it that I downloaded.

The "_motion.xml" file had this note attached to it: "Only thing I changed was setting the motion photos resolution for each lens."

I still think most of the time Arnova's produces the best image all most of the time (especially still/outside), and BSG's right next to it (faster capture speed/focus). If possible and time allows, I sometimes take photos from all 4 GCams, greatness has improved but either I'm not doing something right or it may just be behind the other mods still.

Thanks!!

NexusS4gFreak

Sep 13, 2011
Riverdale,GA
I'm using the Wichiya build of Gcam I believe (there's so many now) and I love it, produces better pictures then the stock camera app with or without zoom most of the time. I actually think zoomed shots are more stable on GCam strangely. The issue I'm having is whenever I try to use flash it force closes the app and sometimes it also kills itself with videos. Any fix?

All 4 pictures I uploaded are at full zoom (seems to stop at 80x on GCam) and the sharper photos (better photos) are with GCam.

Attachments

• PXL_20210801_232603993.jpg
    PXL_20210801_232603993.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • 20210801_192626.jpg
    20210801_192626.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20210728_145559159.jpg
    PXL_20210728_145559159.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
  • 20210728_105641.jpg
    20210728_105641.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
I'm using the Wichiya build of Gcam I believe (there's so many now) and I love it, produces better pictures then the stock camera app with or without zoom most of the time. I actually think zoomed shots are more stable on GCam strangely. The issue I'm having is whenever I try to use flash it force closes the app and sometimes it also kills itself with videos. Any fix?

All 4 pictures I uploaded are at full zoom (seems to stop at 80x on GCam) and the sharper photos (better photos) are with GCam.
Sounds like you're using Arnova's since that's the one that has the issue of flash crashing with Shasta enabled (it is enabled per my XML). You can turn it off by going to camera settings > developer options > uncheck camera.shasta.force. I prefer it on. As for video, are you setting things to 4K? The two telephoto cameras will only work on 1080p so perhaps that is why it's crashing for you. (the reason the telephoto can do 4k in stock camera is because stock cam actually upsamples the 10mp sensor to 12mp, because 10mp doesn't have enough resolution for 4k video).

jauhari

*UPDATE July 22nd 2021*
Updated link to newer BSG Public build. No significant changes but the changelog says photo quality should improve slightly. Also uploaded MWP-HDRv4.zip lib file.

*UPDATE July 13th 2021*
Wichaya's build was updated to v1.3 so I updated the link and XML file. Of the three, it now offers the best motion photo resolution. Also updated the Arnova config zip with the HDRfix XML.

Arnova 8.1 Beta.210708.1750build-8.1.101
This new Arnova update supports custom library and noise files. To make it easy, I have added them all to one zip file attached called Arnova_S21U_Config.zip. Extract all files inside to the GCam > Configs8 folder (make the folder if you don't already have it). Then give the app full storage permissions if you haven't already and load the XML file.
View attachment 5357419

BSG Public Build MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1k
New BSG build probably has the most options out of any GCam 8.1 builds out now. There are so many options that for those who are familiar with GCam tweaks, this would be the go to. I've uploaded my BSG_Public_S21U.xml file but I'm sure there's ways to get even better quality out of it. This XML file goes into the Downloads > MGC_8.1.101_Configs folder.

Wichaya Build 8.1 version 1.3
Use the Wichaya_8.1_S21U.xml that's attached for this build. Wichaya might have less options enabled, but it is very stable and produces excellent image quality. If you do not know what all of the GCam RAM Patcher configurations do, start with this build.

libgcastartup8.1_mNR70W19T28.zip (attached)
This is a lib file I like, credit to UserX. Extract it and all three builds above have ways to load it. For Arnova, I've already included it in the other zip file. Wichaya would go to camera settings > advanced > custom lib to load it. BSG can load it from camera settings > libraries.

MWP-HDRv4.zip (attached)
This lib appears to work well for Wichaya and BSG builds. Credit to MWP. This lib is less contrasty and less saturated compared to the nNR70W19T28 one. Same deal, unzip the lib and load it with GCam.

What works:
All 4 rear cameras work.
Portrait mode also works with all 4 rear cameras.
Astrophotography works on main and ultra wide.
Telephoto can only do 1080p recording while main and ultra wide can do 4k (but can zoom further than 20x for video).
RAW DNG capture for all 4 rear cameras.

Doesn't work:
Front camera
Slow motion
Macro (ultra wide works but can't focus up to macro levels like stock)

Steps for loading XML files: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/
Need to give the app full storage permissions
View attachment 5269701

Credits:
Arnova, BSG, Wichaya for their builds of course. If you like the builds, please donate via the links on the download pages.
Custom noise profiles for the Galaxy S21 Ultra - credit goes to user Matthias for creating them
Also to user Morgenman for simplifying the ability to create the noise profiles.

Lastly:
A few pictures taken by said GCam builds above
View attachment 5357435

View attachment 5357437
I was tried Wichaya and BSG Apk and why on my S21 Ultra didn't work. On Wichaya after Load XML App keep crash. And on BSG I can't Install it's look like conflict with something else.

And about your sample does it taken with Portrait Mode on Non Human Object on GCam S21 Ultra? that Awesome

jauhari

Which App? I tried and my App keep Crash :(

jauhari

why I never succeed make ARNOVA work on my S21 Ultra EXYNOS.. Any clues how to fix it?

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Hello,
I cannot get Arnova to work no matter what. It always keeps freezing and I have to swap camera to unfreeze.
All others so far I can get to work but it seems most people prefer the quality of Arnova thus I want to try it.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hello,
I cannot get Arnova to work no matter what. It always keeps freezing and I have to swap camera to unfreeze.
All others so far I can get to work but it seems most people prefer the quality of Arnova thus I want to try it.
Any ideas?
Did you pick the right Samsung app? Mine has "Ruler" in the name as it has to be a package recognized by Samsung.
BTW...I do NOT HAVE a conflicting ruler app from Samsung, might wanna check if you do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @qandres12 If you can record in 4k at 60?
    Go to develop settings and search for 4k60fps and enable it
    Is it fine to try new betas or we need to wait for an updated s21 ultra file?
    You can try any version of the builds by the developers but know that config files may not work across builds. Sometimes they do work, sometimes they don't.
    Go to develop settings and search for 4k60fps and enable it
    That was it, bro. Thank you very much!
    *UPDATE July 22nd 2021*
    Updated link to newer BSG Public build. No significant changes but the changelog says photo quality should improve slightly. Also uploaded MWP-HDRv4.zip lib file.

*UPDATE July 13th 2021*
    Wichaya's build was updated to v1.3 so I updated the link and XML file. Of the three, it now offers the best motion photo resolution. Also updated the Arnova config zip with the HDRfix XML.

Arnova 8.1 Beta.210708.1750build-8.1.101
    This new Arnova update supports custom library and noise files. To make it easy, I have added them all to one zip file attached called Arnova_S21U_Config.zip. Extract all files inside to the GCam > Configs8 folder (make the folder if you don't already have it). Then give the app full storage permissions if you haven't already and load the XML file.
    Screenshot_20210708-132145_My Files.jpg

BSG Public Build MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1k
    New BSG build probably has the most options out of any GCam 8.1 builds out now. There are so many options that for those who are familiar with GCam tweaks, this would be the go to. I've uploaded my BSG_Public_S21U.xml file but I'm sure there's ways to get even better quality out of it. This XML file goes into the Downloads > MGC_8.1.101_Configs folder.

Wichaya Build 8.1 version 1.3
    Use the Wichaya_8.1_S21U.xml that's attached for this build. Wichaya might have less options enabled, but it is very stable and produces excellent image quality. If you do not know what all of the GCam RAM Patcher configurations do, start with this build.

libgcastartup8.1_mNR70W19T28.zip (attached)
    This is a lib file I like, credit to UserX. Extract it and all three builds above have ways to load it. For Arnova, I've already included it in the other zip file. Wichaya would go to camera settings > advanced > custom lib to load it. BSG can load it from camera settings > libraries.

MWP-HDRv4.zip (attached)
    This lib appears to work well for Wichaya and BSG builds. Credit to MWP. This lib is less contrasty and less saturated compared to the nNR70W19T28 one. Same deal, unzip the lib and load it with GCam.

What works:
    All 4 rear cameras work.
    Portrait mode also works with all 4 rear cameras.
    Astrophotography works on main and ultra wide.
    Telephoto can only do 1080p recording while main and ultra wide can do 4k (but can zoom further than 20x for video).
    RAW DNG capture for all 4 rear cameras.

Doesn't work:
    Front camera
    Slow motion
    Macro (ultra wide works but can't focus up to macro levels like stock)

Steps for loading XML files: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/
    Need to give the app full storage permissions
    Screenshot_20210404-173259_Permission controller.jpg

Credits:
    Arnova, BSG, Wichaya for their builds of course. If you like the builds, please donate via the links on the download pages.
    Custom noise profiles for the Galaxy S21 Ultra - credit goes to user Matthias for creating them
    Also to user Morgenman for simplifying the ability to create the noise profiles.

Lastly:
    A few pictures taken by said GCam builds above
    PXL_20210707_005656015.jpg

PXL_20210707_145959720.jpg
    Please make sure you play with the settings before condemning the stock Camera app.
    Which settings???? Tick or untick scene optimizer? There is nothing or else i missed something.
    If you are talking pro mode then you are losing zoom ability and HDR... Great improvement!
    @dazed1

Gcam night sight

Samsung cam app

The original is wayyy better imo
    why I never succeed make ARNOVA work on my S21 Ultra EXYNOS.. Any clues how to fix it?
    Cause this is for Snapdragon not Exynos
    Alright, big update to the OP. Arnova's newest build and BSG public build was recently released in addition to Wichaya's build from last week. All three are awesome. Read the OP carefully as the setup for each is a little different from each other.