Themes / Apps / Mods GCAM for Snapdragon S21 Ultra

Search This thread

Bacardi222

Nov 4, 2011
Maryland
Thanks a lot for providing these resources and configs.
I've been playing around with the different versions and find the latest Wichaya build and related config to produce the best results. Most shots look better and more natural than the Samsung camera app. Specifically, color accuracy and reproduction is considerably better, there is less sharpening, and better motion handling. However, I find the over sharpening that Samsung uses actually seems to produce better results for zoomed shots. I have to wonder if the exaggerated sharpening is intentional, given that the zoom is a major selling point of the phone.

Is there a way to change the native resolution of the photos to higher than the standard "full" resolution of 4000x3000? Anything in developer settings?

Reactions: android_dan

onurd

Oct 31, 2004
Since the front cam isn't working, is there an option to disable/make disappear the "turn the camera around button"?

bigc004

Jul 22, 2021
Not a super experienced GCAM user but I deleted the ones I was previously using on my S21 Ultra (snapdragon) and downloaded the 3 in this post and for some reason the photos I take are looking extremely dark and the colors are over saturated.. Definitely don't look as good as the stock camera or the previous Gcam's I was using. I downloaded the Gcam 8.1 101 v1.3_scan3d.apk then putting the wichaya_8.1_S21U.xml into the Configs8 folder then opening it and applying it to the gcam. I've tried using HDR +enhanced and thats when I get the dark pictures with the over saturation and when I turn the HDR off, it just seems to white wash every photo.. Does it sound like I set something up wrong?

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Thanks a lot for providing these resources and configs.
I've been playing around with the different versions and find the latest Wichaya build and related config to produce the best results. Most shots look better and more natural than the Samsung camera app. Specifically, color accuracy and reproduction is considerably better, there is less sharpening, and better motion handling. However, I find the over sharpening that Samsung uses actually seems to produce better results for zoomed shots. I have to wonder if the exaggerated sharpening is intentional, given that the zoom is a major selling point of the phone.

Is there a way to change the native resolution of the photos to higher than the standard "full" resolution of 4000x3000? Anything in developer settings?
Sadly no, Samsung doesn't expose the 108mp mode to API 2. Samsung's processing for the higher digital zooms work well with buildings or things with less textures and more defined edges, but looks terrible with things like trees.

Since the front cam isn't working, is there an option to disable/make disappear the "turn the camera around button"?
Nope, since not every Samsung model is affected, it would literally require a developer to only build for our Samsung model...which is very unlikely.

Not a super experienced GCAM user but I deleted the ones I was previously using on my S21 Ultra (snapdragon) and downloaded the 3 in this post and for some reason the photos I take are looking extremely dark and the colors are over saturated.. Definitely don't look as good as the stock camera or the previous Gcam's I was using. I downloaded the Gcam 8.1 101 v1.3_scan3d.apk then putting the wichaya_8.1_S21U.xml into the Configs8 folder then opening it and applying it to the gcam. I've tried using HDR +enhanced and thats when I get the dark pictures with the over saturation and when I turn the HDR off, it just seems to white wash every photo.. Does it sound like I set something up wrong?
You should upload some pictures. GCam usually reduces highlights, but it should never be extremely dark. Color saturation can be adjusted in RAM Patcher. Also have you tried loading the custom lib files I attached in the OP? The new one I added today is less saturated.

bigc004

Jul 22, 2021
Sadly no, Samsung doesn't expose the 108mp mode to API 2. Samsung's processing for the higher digital zooms work well with buildings or things with less textures and more defined edges, but looks terrible with things like trees.

Nope, since not every Samsung model is affected, it would literally require a developer to only build for our Samsung model...which is very unlikely.

You should upload some pictures. GCam usually reduces highlights, but it should never be extremely dark. Color saturation can be adjusted in RAM Patcher. Also have you tried loading the custom lib files I attached in the OP? The new one I added today is less saturated.

Attachments

• PXL_20210720_195508416.jpg
    PXL_20210720_195508416.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 110
  • 20210720_155516.jpg
    20210720_155516.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 111
  • 20210720_173938.jpg
    20210720_173938.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
  • PXL_20210720_225213698.jpg
    PXL_20210720_225213698.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
  • PXL_20210720_213927293.jpg
    PXL_20210720_213927293.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118

bigc004

Jul 22, 2021
@beserker15 So 3 of the 5 photos are taken with one of the GCAM Variants with the new XMLs applied... As you can see it's doing some weird stuff to the photos but being that I'm in no way a expert in photography its hard for me to describe what it is. I just know that I downloaded one about a month ago and it took awesome photos of my son then when I removed it and downloaded the 3 new ones it doesn't seem to look better than stock. I could be doing something wrong but I've tried with the lib files and without on all 3. Do these look off to you? if you think they do, I'll post some screenshots of how I have these set up

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
@beserker15 So 3 of the 5 photos are taken with one of the GCAM Variants with the new XMLs applied... As you can see it's doing some weird stuff to the photos but being that I'm in no way a expert in photography its hard for me to describe what it is. I just know that I downloaded one about a month ago and it took awesome photos of my son then when I removed it and downloaded the 3 new ones it doesn't seem to look better than stock. I could be doing something wrong but I've tried with the lib files and without on all 3. Do these look off to you? if you think they do, I'll post some screenshots of how I have these set up
Are you using the main 1x or ultra wide in these pictures? You are correct though, indoor with mixed lighting (where there are bright windows), stock does boost the brightness more but often at the cost of detail. Especially for darker skin people, it makes them look washed out. I will say that for most things, stock camera with the main camera is pretty good. Most of my shots are with the telephotos.

When lighting is even though, GCam looks consistently better. Also even when it isn't, the detailed lost from the brightness is annoying. Btw, these selfies are with the main rear camera (since of course GCam doesn't work with the front one).

Attachments

• 20210722_114257.jpg
    20210722_114257.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 100
  • PXL_20210722_184225255.jpg
    PXL_20210722_184225255.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 84
  • 20210722_114334.jpg
    20210722_114334.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 81
  • PXL_20210722_184347312.jpg
    PXL_20210722_184347312.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20210722-113549_Photo Compare.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-113549_Photo Compare.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 97

bigc004

Jul 22, 2021
When you're taking photos are you normally using enhanced or do you not use HDR at all? Trying to figure out how the best way to start getting good photos of my son again.. the stock camera seems to have trouble in that are. On whatever build I was on in the beginning of July seed to produce great photos like the one attached, almost every single time with the HDR ehanched on. Is something off with the way I have the files, I have both builds in the same folder

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722-132940_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-132940_My Files.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210722-132943_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-132943_My Files.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 45

bigc004

Jul 22, 2021
New BSG build I just loaded.. darker one is with the new lib file and the lighter one is the standard google one

Attachments

• PXL_20210722_160218274.jpg
    PXL_20210722_160218274.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 106
  • PXL_20210722_160247419.jpg
    PXL_20210722_160247419.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 107
Reactions: mpore14

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
When you're taking photos are you normally using enhanced or do you not use HDR at all? Trying to figure out how the best way to start getting good photos of my son again.. the stock camera seems to have trouble in that are. On whatever build I was on in the beginning of July seed to produce great photos like the one attached, almost every single time with the HDR ehanched on. Is something off with the way I have the files, I have both builds in the same folder
It's a little harder for me to optimize for kids since I don't have any lol. Let's simplify things a little. Since you are taking pictures of your son, let's go with BSG since it has the fastest autofocus speeds of the three (in some of your examples, the focus didn't go to your son). Load the BSG xml for that, and also the MWP lib file from today.

I always use HDR Enhanced since it gives the best picture quality. It adds a slight shutter delay, but I'm not usually taking pictures of sports so it's fine for me. You can increase/decrease the amount of HDR frames to increase capture speed as well as adjust exposure compensation in the modules section of BSG. The main camera is module 0.

Arnova is probably best for outdoor/still pictures where you want a little bit of added saturation. Wichaya is a solid all-arounder but definitely for moving kids you want BSG.

bigc004

Jul 22, 2021
It's a little harder for me to optimize for kids since I don't have any lol. Let's simplify things a little. Since you are taking pictures of your son, let's go with BSG since it has the fastest autofocus speeds of the three (in some of your examples, the focus didn't go to your son). Load the BSG xml for that, and also the MWP lib file from today.

I always use HDR Enhanced since it gives the best picture quality. It adds a slight shutter delay, but I'm not usually taking pictures of sports so it's fine for me. You can increase/decrease the amount of HDR frames to increase capture speed as well as adjust exposure compensation in the modules section of BSG. The main camera is module 0.

Arnova is probably best for outdoor/still pictures where you want a little bit of added saturation. Wichaya is a solid all-arounder but definitely for moving kids you want BSG.
Super helpful.. I appreciate you taking your time and explaining this stuff to me. By no means was I complaining, just want to understand how it works and make sure I wasn't messing anything up. For me, it seems like no lib file suits my style a bit more so I will try some shots later today and see how they work.

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
When you say most your shots are with the telephotos, what do you mean?
As in I usually use the 3x more to take pictures of people. As long as there is room to move back, the 3x is way better for people because the main has a good amount of edge distortion. I kinda wished they made the main camera less wide.

mistical

Is it possible to install and run the difficult builds at the same time on the phone?
yes youll have to use an app cloner though

Unless he means he wants to have Arnova, BSG and Wichaya installed all at the same time for which he can. Just use the different build names available.

For instance I have Arnova's, BSG's, Wichaya's AND Greatness builds all installed without doing anything special. (Iris, Ruler, Scan3D, Biometrics)
  • Iris_GCam_6.1Beta.210708.1751build-8.1.101 (Arnova's)
  • MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1k_ruler (BSG's)
  • GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.3_Scan3D (Wichaya's ofc)
  • GCam8.2.204_Greatness.210716.1730Release_Biometrics (Greatness ofc)
I use Arnova's GCam most of the time however the other 3 I have in a separate folder and simply named it GWB and organized the folder that way so I know which (same) icon represents which developer.

nimbleenigmas333

Jul 23, 2021
yes youll have to use an app cloner though

Unless he means he wants to have Arnova, BSG and Wichaya installed all at the same time for which he can. Just use the different build names available.

For instance I have Arnova's, BSG's, Wichaya's AND Greatness builds all installed without doing anything special. (Iris, Ruler, Scan3D, Biometrics)
I use Arnova's GCam most of the time however the other 3 I have in a separate folder and simply named it GWB and organized the folder that way so I know which (same) icon represents which developer.

Thank you! So far I think I am liking Arnova the best. But I'm definitely still a newb to all these camera settings, so it's a little intimidating.

bigc004

Jul 22, 2021

How do you know what config to run for greatness? When I click the configs all I see are a different set of phones and no s21 ultra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *UPDATE September 4th 2022*
    Ported over my AGC config from my S22U. Since AGC supports multiple profiles, this config includes both sharper and softer profiles depending on personal preference.

*UPDATE July 29th 2022*
    Thanks @Matzinger87 for his AGC config. Updated link with AGC v9.1. The config for v9 will still work with 9.1. Also temporarily removed Shamin's build since it's kinda old now and Arcide has moved to LMC for his configs. Since I usually port his configs, I have now added links to LMC r12 Fixed with config.

*UPDATE July 3rd 2022*
    Updated config/lib for AGCv7. AGC v8 has a serious bug for the S22 Ultra so I haven't updated the app on my phone. I think the S21 Ultra doesn't have the same issue but I'm basically making the configs blind based on my phone.

*UPDATE May 11th 2022*
    Sorry guys but my main phone is the S22 Ultra now so I won't be so quick to update this thread. With that said, for the most part configs are quite easily adapted from that phone and this phone so I can still update this. Updated the thread with AGC v7. I put both the AGC config for the S21U and S22U in that ZIP folder so remember to load the correct one.

*UPDATE April 9th 2022*
    Minor update. Updated link to Shamin 8.4.4v20. Updated XML to fix stream configuration freezing from the last XML and also loaded Mattias's noise models into the config.

*UPDATE April 7th 2022*
    Updated link to latest Shamin 8.4.4v19 Fixed build. This build fixes custom noise models as well as the lib loader. Also updated the config based on Arcide's 1.6 config. This does not require any libs as the lib patcher handles all of the modifications needed.

*UPDATE April 1st 2022*
    Updated link to latest Shamin 8.4.4v17 build. While he did re-add the options for manual noise models, it doesn't seem to work correctly. He also added the upscale option (up to 5x super resolution). Meaning the 12mp cameras can now take 60mp photos. This is not the same as unbinning (108mp mode) on stock camera as that actually does things differently at the sensor level. This is closer to just using Photoshop to increase resolution so there won't be much more detail (though the increase can help things like noire patterns and texture details). Also updated XML to use Arcide's latest 1.4 config as base and increased sharpness further.

*UPDATE March 29th 2022*
    Updated link to latest Shamin 8.4.4v14Fixed build. XML for this one is based on Arcide's XML from March 26th. No additional lib needed. If you prefer libs though (like SLib), disable lib patcher first and then load the lib. Also removed LMC build since Shamin's latest builds already includes the extended lib patcher that was in LMC as well as additional viewfinder options.

*UPDATE March 20th 2022*
    Updated link to latest Shamin 8.4.4v12 build. This build adds a few more options in the lib patcher as well as viewfinder options that can be enabled. It also re-organized the auxiliary camera buttons. Also replaced a few libs in the 8.4libs folder. My XML for this one has lib patcher disabled and optimized for SLib by Whymexd. If you think it has too much noise and prefer Arcide's lib, don't download SLib and just enable lib patcher again as those values are from Arcide.

*UPDATE March 13th 2022*
    Updated link to latest Shamin 8.4.4v10Fixed build. Updated link to the 3-10 Arcide lib for Shamin.

*UPDATE March 4th 2022*
    Updated link to latest Shamin 8.4.4 v9Fixed build. Shamin has been releasing a lot of updates quickly but nothing that would have major impact on our phones. Also updated the 8.4lib file with the latest Arcide lib.

*UPDATE February 26th 2022*
    Updated my AGC XML with better colors. Thanks @Matzinger87 for pointing out that interface pixel 5 has accurate system colors and is still able to do night mode with the latest AGC build.

*UPDATE February 26th 2022*
    Updated links for Shamin 8.4.4 v7Fix (changelog says he added some code from AGC build). Also updated the 8.4 GCam Lib zip file with Arcide's newest 2/26/2022 lib with ISO unlocked and merge method set to default. And lastly, I updated the AGC XML file. I'm getting better results just leaving lib patcher disabled and relying solely on Arcide's lib while tweaking noise via the noise coefficient value.

*UPDATE February 24th 2022*
    Updated links for AGC 8.4.3 v6 and Shamin 8.4.4 v7! Might need to uninstall old AGC build to install the new one. More lib patcher options added on both GCams.

*UPDATE February 18th 2022*
    Couldn't upload the LMC APK for some reason so I zipped it up and uploaded the zip file instead. LMC 8.4 GCam is from the modder Hasli who used Shamin's 8.4.300v26 build as base and worked with others to add even more features and fixes. It supports loading lib files as well as individual per lens lib patcher and custom lib patcher values.

*UPDATE February 17th 2022*
    Updated the 8.4 GCam lib zip file with some more lib files as well as an updated one by Arcide.

*UPDATE February 11th 2022*
    Added links to UserX's Google Drive share of his many libs for both 8.4 builds and 8.1 builds. The names aren't descriptive and there are a lot of them, so if you have time, try them all and share which ones you like best!

Uploaded a new Shamin 8.4.400 build and removed the older 8.4.300v26 build since at this point, they're basically identical in features. Shout outs to KaKa, the creator of AGC GCam for helping figure out the color transform for this phone! Pixel 6 and newer interface is needed for night sight to work properly in these 8.4 builds but in the past, they had color issues. Manually setting the color transform resolves it and I have added it to the AGC and Shamin configs.

For anyone who encounters a future 8.4 build that has color issues, use these values for the color transform:

*UPDATE February 6th 2022*
    New Shamin 8.4.300 v26 build uploaded. This time with a reworked lib patcher that works for all rear lenses. It did however lose the ability to have custom libs and manual noise models. The XML I uploaded it is modified from Arcide and Trolleflex's settings.

*UPDATE February 1st 2022*
    Happy Lunar New Year everyone!
    Alright, a couple of updates today. First is another Shamin update, but this time a new version build. His previous ones are based on GCam 8.4.300. The next one is an AGC GCam build by the modder Kaka.

*UPDATE January 30th 2022*
    New Shamin build uploaded. Also modified Arcide's XML from previous builds. Increased noise reduction and contrast. Still has great detail and dynamic range.

*UPDATE January 24th 2022*
    New Shamin build uploaded. Previous XML configs won't work and you'll need to clear cache/data. I've uploaded two XMLs for it this time. An updated one from Arcide that is excellent at retaining detail, ideal for slightly brighter conditions. The second config is by a user named Param which has slightly more aggressive noise reduction but looks in lower light conditions. It is also set for faster shutter priority so it is good for semi moving subjects.

*UPDATE January 24th 2022*
    Reverting back to my previous way of updating this post. I'll refer to changes here but update the links below instead. BSG updated his 8.1 build which re-arranged the Stream Configs settings so I had to update my XML to support it. Also updated the XML for Shamin's 8.4 v24 to reflect Arcide's newer settings.

*UPDATE January 19th 2022*
    Shamin is releasing almost daily updates at this point. This new build adds the ability to use custom noise models and fixes some bugs. The user Arcide has also released an XML that uses lib patcher values rather than relying on the lib file. Thus the XML attached is credited to him and looks and works great without needing to download any extra libs.

*UPDATE January 18th 2022*
    New Shamin 8.4 GCam v23 APK. This is now the first 8.4 GCam build with working lib patcher, lib loader, and auxiliary cam support. You won't even need lib files if you are pro at configuring lib patcher. I'm not however, so my XML is still adjusted for the Arcide lib.

*UPDATE January 15th 2022*
    Shamin 8.4 GCam v22. Stock lib this time because it has the ability to load custom 8.4 libs. To load custom libs, you'll need to put the lib file in the GCAM\Confgs8.4\Libs folder and then go to GCam settings > Additional Settings > Custom Library. What's awesome is it can be set per lens, meaning you can use a lib with less processing on the main camera with the larger sensor, and one with a bit more processing on the other lenses with smaller sensors.

*UPDATE January 6th 2022*
    The first GCam 8.4 Build with working telephoto support for our cameras is from the modder Shamin. While we're all still waiting for BSG and Arnova to update their builds, this is a solid one to play with. Newer Pixel 6 features of course do not work right now. This Shamin built was downloaded from Celso's website but it didn't have the Samsung package name to enable the telephoto. I modified the package name and replaced the stock lib with one from the modder Arcide. Give it a try below.

*UPDATE October 31st 2021*
    Most of the GCam developers are working on 8.3 builds so there hasn't been many updates. However, Arnova just released an update which is probably the final 8.1 build. A new way to share profiles via GCA file is introduced. I've updated my config for the Arnova build.

*UPDATE July 22nd 2021*
    Updated link to newer BSG Public build. No significant changes but the changelog says photo quality should improve slightly. Also uploaded MWP-HDRv4.zip lib file.

*UPDATE July 13th 2021*
    Wichaya's build was updated to v1.3 so I updated the link and XML file. Of the three, it now offers the best motion photo resolution. Also updated the Arnova config zip with the HDRfix XML.

GCam 8.4 Beta Builds

AGC 8.4 GCam v9.2 APK and Latest Config for it (Matt's Config here as well)
    This one is quite interesting because it supports multiple different lib patcher configs per lens. Meaning that each lens can have their own separate configs, up to nine different ones per lens. It also supports a lib loader.

Steps to setup:
    - Download and install the APK and give it the requested permissions
    - Download the config and extract the zip file
    - Load the config file for the S21U (swipe down > load configs)
    - Import lib (go to settings > libraries > copy third party lib to app)
    - Load lib (settings > libraries > load custom library)

LMC 8.4 R12 Fixed APK and XML for it (based on Arcide's 5.1 Config, no lib needed)
    Has the most lib patcher options of any GCam 8.4. Works great and is very customizable.
    The XML file has to be placed in the Internal Storage > LMC8.4 folder.

8.4 GCam Lib files that I like. They're made by users Arcide, Whymexd, r0m10, and UserX.

UserX's GCam 8.4 Libs Google Share 1 and Google Share 2
    An amazing collection of library mods that are usable with the AGC build above. There's no description however so you kinda have to just test and see which you may prefer.

GCam 8.1 Stable Builds

Arnova Gcam-8.1.101.build-V6.2.211013.2159 and config for it
    This new Arnova update supports GCA profile which is essentially an archive of the XML, noise profiles, and libraries which the GCAM will automatically extract into the proper locations. Download the attached ZIP, extract the GCA file, open up GCAM, give it the various permissions, and then load the GCA file in Settings > Advanced > XML config. After the GCA file is loaded, then load the XML that was extracted from the GCA.
    Here's a step by step video:

BSG Public Build MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1z and XML for it
    New BSG build probably has the most options out of any GCam 8.1 builds out now. There are so many options that for those who are familiar with GCam tweaks, this would be the go to. The XML file goes into the Downloads > MGC_8.1.101_Configs folder.

Wichaya Build 8.1 version 1.5 and XML for it
    Use the Wichaya_8.1_S21U.xml that's attached for this build. Wichaya might have less options enabled, but it is very stable and produces excellent image quality. If you do not know what all of the GCam RAM Patcher configurations do, start with this build

UserX's GCam 8.1 Libs Google Share
    An amazing collection of library mods that are usable with the Arnova, BSG, and Wichaya build above. There's no description however so you kinda have to just test and see which you may prefer.

MWP-HDRv4.zip (attached)
    This lib appears to work well for Wichaya and BSG builds. Credit to MWP. This lib is less contrasty and less saturated compared to the nNR70W19T28 one. Same deal, unzip the lib and load it with GCam.

What works:
    All 4 rear cameras work.
    Portrait mode also works with all 4 rear cameras.
    Astrophotography works on main and ultra wide.
    Telephoto can only do 1080p recording while main and ultra wide can do 4k (but can zoom further than 20x for video).
    RAW DNG capture for all 4 rear cameras.

Doesn't work:
    Front camera
    Slow motion

Steps for loading XML files: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/
    Need to give the app full storage permissions
    Screenshot_20210404-173259_Permission controller.jpg

Credits:
    Arnova, BSG, Wichaya for their stable 8.1 builds of course. If you like the builds, please donate via the links on the download pages.
    Also now shoutouts to Shamin and Kaka for their work on 8.4 builds. I believe they also worked with the MTSL team.
    Custom noise profiles for the Galaxy S21 Ultra - credit goes to user Matthias for creating them
    Also to user Morgenman for simplifying the ability to create the noise profiles.

Lastly:
    A few pictures taken by said GCam builds above
    PXL_20210707_005656015.jpg

PXL_20210707_145959720.jpg
    Please find attached an updated config file for AGC 8.4 v6. It is to be used with the lib "lib8.4_Arcide_2022-02-17defaultmergeISO.so".

Changelog compared to my previous XML:
    • Fixed problems with noise artifacts and crappy picture quality in night and astro mode on all lenses. Now both modes should work correctly and yield very good results at night.
    • Fixed merging artifacts in low light by adjusting Shasta settings
    • Fixed chroma noise problems in backlit situations
    • Updated merge algorithm to Spatial RGB, since Sabre leads to moire and other weird effects
    • Lib patcher config #1 is your first choice for almost every shooting condition
    • Lib patcher config #2 results in less noisy pictures in very dark environments
    I also attached a "fast" version of my config. It uses the zero shutter lag HDRnet algorithm for instant image capture. Picture quality is nearly the same but it has less dynamic range.

Enjoy! 😉
    Is there a changelog for this v14? @beserker15
    There are some changes to the UI (he changed the aux button layouts to be vertical on the right now instead of horizontal in the lower middle). There's also a change in switching cameras. He's using a re-init method which allows camera switching to be a little faster. Old configs still works with the new one so if you already have a setting you prefer, you can keep it.
    Please make sure you play with the settings before condemning the stock Camera app.
    Which settings???? Tick or untick scene optimizer? There is nothing or else i missed something.
    If you are talking pro mode then you are losing zoom ability and HDR... Great improvement!
    Thank you gcam + raw + lightroom. Happy with some of my pictures on a golf course near my place.