Question GCam for Snapdragon S22 Ultra

Search This thread

ZayaanAhyaan

Dec 2, 2016
A continuation of my previous thread for the S21 Ultra. I will keep this thread updated for new builds and configs for as long as I have the Snapdragon S22 Ultra. I am no expert with lib patchers so the configs I upload will be a modification of others that is adapted for this phone. Also, since I do not have the Exynos version, I cannot say if any of the configs will work with it.

Why GCam?
Obviously, GCam isn't for everyone. If you are already happy with stock or Expert RAW, that's awesome. If you're like me and do not like the over sharpened look of stock or the aggressive noise reduction of Expert RAW, GCam is a wonderful option that is very customizable. Example 1, example 2, example 3.

All credits of course goes to the GCam devs and modders out there. Each GCam build will have an about page that lists credits. If you like these builds and want to support your favorite dev/modder, please help them out by donating to them. Links are available on the Celso website!

You can install multiple versions of GCam IF they do not use the same package name (ex: com.samsung.android.scan3d). If two different builds has the same package name, you must uninstall the previous.

There is no "best GCam". Try the builds available to see what you like. Customize them to your own preference.

GCam 8.4 Builds

AGC 8.4 GCam v7 APK and Config for it (based on Arcide's config using merge method 3)
Created by KaKa, this version is color accurate, supports night mode and astrophotogrpahy mode. Also has plenty of options for configuration. Unfortunately, video and photosphere modes do not work.

Steps to setup:
- Download and install the APK and give it the requested permissions
- Download the config and extract the zip file
- Load the config file for the S22U (swipe down > load configs)
- Import lib (go to settings > libraries > copy third party lib to app)
- Load lib (settings > libraries > load custom library)

Shamin 8.4.400 GCam v20 APK and XML for it (based on Roma's config using merge method 3)
Created by Shamin, this is probably the GCam with the most options. To be more color accurate, I chose to enable the Pixel 5 interface and System CCT which breaks night mode and astro mode. Photosphere mode doesn't work.

Steps to setup:
- Download the XML and put it in the Internal Storage > GCam > Configs8.4 folder (make the folder if you don't already have it)
- Run the GCam and give it permissions (it will crash after a few seconds)
- Run the app again but quickly switch to video mode to avoid it crashing quickly
- Open GCam's settings and go to additional settings > configs setting > XML save directory
- Don't change the directory but just hit OK
- Go back to the main screen and switch to video again so it doesn't crash
- Double tap on space between shutter and gallery to load XML

GCam 8.1 Build

BSG Public Build MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1z and XML for it (config by Jajo based on a config by Fenix)
Created by BSG. Excellent and very stable GCam. Pretty much every option works.

Steps to setup:
- Download the XML and put it in the Internal Storage > Downloads > MGC_8.1.101_Configs folder (make the folder if you don't already have it)
- Run the GCam and give it permissions

Page Changelog:​

May 11 2022 - Updated link to new config file for AGC v7
April 29 2022 - Initial page creation
@beserker15 thank you for thre support.
For me 8.1 build works the best but it is a pain switching lenses. The circles that have to be slided always mess up.
Any workaround? Thanks

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
For me 8.1 build works the best but it is a pain switching lenses. The circles that have to be slided always mess up.
Any workaround? Thanks
While I don't use the 8.1 build anymore, I think the trick was to not tap exactly where the icons were but slightly away from them.

Also here are a few more of pictures I took using the AGC v7 config with the 10x lens.

AGC_20220516_135034798.jpg
AGC_20220522_135027806.jpg
AGC_20220521_162825241.jpg

ZayaanAhyaan

Dec 2, 2016
These look awesome. Unfortunately, my S22U S9080 is not playing well with it.

You said you have the latest config....is it the one listed in the three config files at the thread or something new you tried and have yet to post?
While I don't use the 8.1 build anymore, I think the trick was to not tap exactly where the icons were but slightly away from them.

Also here are a few more of pictures I took using the AGC v7 config with the 10x lens.

View attachment 5620495
View attachment 5620497
View attachment 5620499

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
These look awesome. Unfortunately, my S22U S9080 is not playing well with it.

You said you have the latest config....is it the one listed in the three config files at the thread or something new you tried and have yet to post?
I have it attached to my S21U thread, but use the links rather than my attachments. I always update my links and instructions when needed.

Reactions: ZayaanAhyaan
I installed the first one 8.4.300... snap and finally got the configs loaded. Video is working on my Verizon S22U.

GCam does lock up when I try to select 4K Video. I had to clear cache and data on the app to get it working again. I would just use the Samsung apps for video anyway. I'm mostly intersted in the Astro feature and will be testing it.

deboopi2

Nov 12, 2011
MECHELEN
After some experimenting I have the 3x and 10x telephoto working. I'm using shamim v21
I can also takes pictures at 3x and 10x telephoto because the display show what I'm abut to photograph but the quality of the picture is not OK.
  • First of all the 3x and 10x telephoto.
    This is just a matter of labels as the 3x and 10x work.
    Go to settings - Additional settings - Auxiliary Cameras - Name for camera modules
    enable names for aux lenses
    set telephoto lens to 3x and ID4 lens to 10x
  • Second, show display at camera 1x, 3x and 10x
    Go to settings - Advanced - Model Interface
    For all the camera set the Pixel 3 (blueline) instead of Pixel 2 XL (taimen)
These settings may be saved in the profile files I found but then they are not loaded when importing. It's also possible they are not saved when saving the settings. But this is the way to overcome this for these settings.
Now the quality, video is ok, no banding but pictures are not, see included example, i tried a lot of settings but I do not get it right.
The pictures keep on having banding, if somebody can help me with that?

sha_gcam_banding_resized.jpg

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Updated lib and config for AGC v7 (yes I realize AGC v8 is out but it has a weird bug in the viewfinder for our phones). The config is from Arcide's v4 config for LMC. I exported the values into a lib file and then tweaked it in my AGC config.

Here are some pictures taken with the latest config.

10x
AGC_20220601_143418330.jpg

0.6x + 1.7x digital
AGC_20220601_145441455.jpg

3x + 1.7x digital
AGC_20220530_113011168.jpg

a63548

Apr 6, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Updated lib and config for AGC v7 (yes I realize AGC v8 is out but it has a weird bug in the viewfinder for our phones). The config is from Arcide's v4 config for LMC. I exported the values into a lib file and then tweaked it in my AGC config.

10x

0.6x + 1.7x digital

3x + 1.7x digital
Wow, those looks amazing! Thank you so much for the detailed guide, apk, and configs :)

I do have one question, and sorry if it was already mentioned. What do 1.7x, 16.9x, 4.9x and 1.0x refer to? I am assuming the different lenses, but I thought they were .6x, 1x, 3x, and 10x?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-193728_Camera.png
    Screenshot_20220601-193728_Camera.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 32

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Wow, those looks amazing! Thank you so much for the detailed guide, apk, and configs :)

I do have one question, and sorry if it was already mentioned. What do 1.7x, 16.9x, 4.9x and 1.0x refer to? I am assuming the different lenses, but I thought they were .6x, 1x, 3x, and 10x?
It's a bug in AGC. Rather than everything be a multiplier of the main camera, it instead thinks the ultra wide is the main and thus everything is a multiplier of the ultra wide lol.

Reactions: a63548

Blackfyre

Dec 28, 2009

10x
View attachment 5628409

0.6x + 1.7x digital
View attachment 5628391

3x + 1.7x digital
View attachment 5628393

These are incredible shots. WOW nice job.

Just to confirm, I download "AGC 8.4 GCam v7 APK" + other stuff

Then I clicked on settings cog at the top centre, then Load Configs and loaded "S22U_SD_AGCv7_RomaV2.agc"

Then I went "More settings", then Configs, then Import, then "S22U_SD_AGCv7_RomaV2".

Then I went "Libraries" then "Copy third-party lib to app", then "S22U_SD_AGCv7_RomaV2".

Are these all the correct steps?

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009

Then I clicked on settings cog at the top centre, then Load Configs and loaded "S22U_SD_AGCv7_RomaV2.agc"

Then I went "More settings", then Configs, then Import, then "S22U_SD_AGCv7_RomaV2".

Then I went "Libraries" then "Copy third-party lib to app", then "S22U_SD_AGCv7_RomaV2".

Yes, however the config you are quoting is my old one. Remember to update the new one (ArcideV4) that's in my link. Also after your last step, you'll need to load the library you just copied to the app.

Reactions: Blackfyre

Blackfyre

Dec 28, 2009
Yes, however the config you are quoting is my old one. Remember to update the new one (ArcideV4) that's in my link. Also after your last step, you'll need to load the library you just copied to the app.

Thanks, yep done all that now.

Any advanced or experimental settings you use?

For example, do you enable 48Mb full pixel output? Or Active HDRnet? Or AWB? Etc

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009

For example, do you enable 48Mb full pixel output? Or Active HDRnet? Or AWB? Etc
Nah, those don't work with our phones lol. HDRNet is basically just regular HDR+ for non-Pixels. You can certainly mess with AWB if you want, though the colors as is are acceptable for me.

Reactions: Blackfyre

deboopi2

Nov 12, 2011
MECHELEN
Now I have a new problem. (I'm running on a S22 Ultra exynos using shamim 8.4.400 V21)
Whenever I enable Motion Photo (settings - Additional settings - Few stuffs and customizations) and close he settings the app will exit immediately.
Is there a way to have motion photo enabled without quitting?

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Now I have a new problem. (I'm running on a S22 Ultra exynos using shamim 8.4.400 V21)
Whenever I enable Motion Photo (settings - Additional settings - Few stuffs and customizations) and close he settings the app will exit immediately.
Is there a way to have motion photo enabled without quitting?
Why are you asking this on every GCam thread? I don't have the Exynos model so I can't help you. You have your own Exynos thread so just keep your question there. If people aren't responding, it's because they don't have an answer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

10x

0.6x + 1.7x digital

3x + 1.7x digital

It's a bug in AGC. Rather than everything be a multiplier of the main camera, it instead thinks the ultra wide is the main and thus everything is a multiplier of the ultra wide lol.

Nah, those don't work with our phones lol. HDRNet is basically just regular HDR+ for non-Pixels. You can certainly mess with AWB if you want, though the colors as is are acceptable for me.
    Man, the picture looks like taken from completely 2 different camera system. Both pictures taken at the same time in bright sunlight. The picture on the left (gCam) does extremely good job of post processing the picture. Whereas the Samsung stock camera app, completely over exposed the flower.

FYI... I took the picture using 10X zoom lens.
    A continuation of my previous thread for the S21 Ultra. I will keep this thread updated for new builds and configs for as long as I have the Snapdragon S22 Ultra. I am no expert with lib patchers so the configs I upload will be a modification of others that is adapted for this phone. Also, since I do not have the Exynos version, I cannot say if any of the configs will work with it.

Why GCam?
    Obviously, GCam isn't for everyone. If you are already happy with stock or Expert RAW, that's awesome. If you're like me and do not like the over sharpened look of stock or the aggressive noise reduction of Expert RAW, GCam is a wonderful option that is very customizable. Example 1, example 2, example 3.

All credits of course goes to the GCam devs and modders out there. Each GCam build will have an about page that lists credits. If you like these builds and want to support your favorite dev/modder, please help them out by donating to them. Links are available on the Celso website!

You can install multiple versions of GCam IF they do not use the same package name (ex: com.samsung.android.scan3d). If two different builds has the same package name, you must uninstall the previous.

There is no "best GCam". Try the builds available to see what you like. Customize them to your own preference.

GCam 8.4 Builds

AGC 8.4 GCam v7 APK and Config for it (based on Arcide's config using merge method 3)
    Created by KaKa, this version is color accurate, supports night mode and astrophotogrpahy mode. Also has plenty of options for configuration. Unfortunately, video and photosphere modes do not work.

Steps to setup:
    - Download the config and extract the zip file
    - Load the config file for the S22U (swipe down > load configs)
    - Import lib (go to settings > libraries > copy third party lib to app)
    - Load lib (settings > libraries > load custom library)

Shamin 8.4.400 GCam v20 APK and XML for it (based on Roma's config using merge method 3)
    Created by Shamin, this is probably the GCam with the most options. To be more color accurate, I chose to enable the Pixel 5 interface and System CCT which breaks night mode and astro mode. Photosphere mode doesn't work.

Steps to setup:
    - Download the XML and put it in the Internal Storage > GCam > Configs8.4 folder (make the folder if you don't already have it)
    - Run the GCam and give it permissions (it will crash after a few seconds)
    - Run the app again but quickly switch to video mode to avoid it crashing quickly
    - Open GCam's settings and go to additional settings > configs setting > XML save directory
    - Don't change the directory but just hit OK
    - Go back to the main screen and switch to video again so it doesn't crash

GCam 8.1 Build

BSG Public Build MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1z and XML for it (config by Jajo based on a config by Fenix)
    Created by BSG. Excellent and very stable GCam. Pretty much every option works.

Steps to setup:
    - Download the XML and put it in the Internal Storage > Downloads > MGC_8.1.101_Configs folder (make the folder if you don't already have it)
    - Run the GCam and give it permissions

Page Changelog:​

June 1 2022 2nd update - Reuploaded zip file with fixed config. Previous one caused a crash in the 10x lens.
    June 1 2022 - Updated link for AGC config with new Arcide based config.
    May 11 2022 - Updated link to new config file for AGC v7
    April 29 2022 - Initial page creation
    Some 10x telephoto samples from the latest config:

AGC_20220511_131745162.jpg AGC_20220508_151239207.jpg
    Any workaround? Thanks

AGC_20220516_135034798.jpg
    AGC_20220522_135027806.jpg
    AGC_20220521_162825241.jpg

10x

0.6x + 1.7x digital

3x + 1.7x digital
    Man, the picture looks like taken from completely 2 different camera system. Both pictures taken at the same time in bright sunlight. The picture on the left (gCam) does extremely good job of post processing the picture. Whereas the Samsung stock camera app, completely over exposed the flower.

FYI... I took the picture using 10X zoom lens.