Question GCam for Snapdragon S22 Ultra

Search This thread

pedrizzetti

Sep 29, 2022
There is a bug with the latest AGC 8.4 GCam v9.2 APK config when using 0.6x lens. Half of the viewfinder is darker and it's glitching. Also, what custom lib does? Not seeing any difference. Thank you for your work! Keep it going!

Last edited:
Reactions: racypdx

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
I switch to the stock app in low light, noise is an issue in lower light and higher iso's with GCam. I've tried numerous settings and configs and though detail rendering is still excellent and way better than stock, the noise levels are high.

Have there been any updates or newer versions released? I tried joining those telegram groups, very confusing and so many people posting stuff I don't even know what is what.
I tried installing all of these versions and had no luck in having good quality photos it seems like a lot of them take a photo and they're either blurry or very dark.

Blackfyre

Dec 28, 2009
I wish I knew what I was doing wrong The XML files definitely went in correctly I don't know what I did wrong then

You have to place them in the correct folder (create it if it's not there) as per instructions on the OP depending on which version of GCAM you get. After that you have to LOAD the XML file into GCAM through GCAM for it to work properly. Also, instructions are in the original post on page 1

Reactions: jamesta

Dummen

Sep 4, 2018
You have to place them in the correct folder (create it if it's not there) as per instructions on the OP depending on which version of GCAM you get. After that you have to LOAD the XML file into GCAM through GCAM for it to work properly. Also, instructions are in the original post on page 1
In SGCAM You can change the location for loading xmls' so they can be kinda anywhere.

Reactions: jamesta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A continuation of my previous thread for the S21 Ultra. I will keep this thread updated for new builds and configs for as long as I have the Snapdragon S22 Ultra. I am no expert with lib patchers so the configs I upload will be a modification of others that is adapted for this phone. Also, since I do not have the Exynos version, I cannot say if any of the configs will work with it.

Why GCam?
    Obviously, GCam isn't for everyone. If you are already happy with stock or Expert RAW, that's awesome. If you're like me and do not like the over sharpened look of stock or the aggressive noise reduction of Expert RAW, GCam is a wonderful option that is very customizable. Example 1, example 2, example 3.

All credits of course goes to the GCam devs and modders out there. Each GCam build will have an about page that lists credits. If you like these builds and want to support your favorite dev/modder, please help them out by donating to them. Links are available on the Celso website!

You can install multiple versions of GCam IF they do not use the same package name (ex: com.samsung.android.scan3d). If two different builds has the same package name, you must uninstall the previous.

There is no "best GCam". Try the builds available to see what you like. Customize them to your own preference.

GCam 8.7 Build (BETA)

Gcam-8.7.250.build-8.2Beta2
    Arnova alpha build. Still can't take pictures, but supports 4K60 and 8K30 lens switching with the 1x, 3x, and 10x lenses. No configs, just go into developer options and change max zoom options to 10.

BSG MGC_8.7.250_A11_V14 and XML for it and LIB for it
    Newest BSG release. Has many more options now including custom noise models and a limited lib patcher option. This config is optimized for ZSL (zero shutter lag) regular HDR+. Not the best in low light or dynamic range, but perfect for every day regular point and shoot and capturing action. You can actually record 4K60 and switch lenses! But it's limited to just the main camera and 3x camera since the zoom can't go beyond 8x. If you switch to Active mode, you can switch between the main, 3x, and 10x camera but is limited to 1080p. GCam processes videos differently from stock, and I prefer the look as well as being able to control the bitrate.

Steps to setup:
    - Download and install the APK and give it the requested permissions
    - Download the lib file and extract the zip
    - Go to Settings > Libraries > Load custom lib (required step or GCam will crash)
    - Download the XML config and move it to Internal Storage > Download > MGC_Config > 8.7.250 folder and load config

GCam 8.4 Builds

AGC 8.4 GCam v9.7 APK and Config for it
    Created by KaKa, this version is color accurate, supports night mode and astrophotogrpahy mode. Contains three profiles. Standard is good for every day pictures with HDR Enhanced. ZSL is the same but of course with ZSL mode instead. Dynamic range is for better highlight control to give a more HDR look. Dynamic range profile is worst for motion so only use for static scenes like flowers and sunsets.

Steps to setup:
    - Download and install AGC v9.7
    - Download config and noise model
    - Move config to Internal Storage > Download > AGC.8.4 > configs (create folder if it doesn't already exist)
    - Start app and give it permissions
    - Swipe down > Load configs and choose the config
    - Swipe down > More Settings > Lens Settings > Choose any lens > Noise Model > Import Noise Model > Select the custom.c file

LMC 8.4 GCam r15 APK and XML for it (based on Arcide's v7 config)
    Created by Hasli, this version is color accurate, supports night mode and astrophotogrpahy mode. Also has a ton of options you can enable such as manual focus, manual shutter/ISO, etc.

Steps to setup:
    - Download and install the APK and give it the requested permissions (it will crash after)
    - Download the config and copy it to Internal Storage > LMC8.4
    - Open the GCam and quickly switch to video before it crashes
    - Import XML by double tapping in the space between the shutter and viewfinder

Pro mode uses merge method 3 and has more noise reduction, turning it off switches to merge method 1 and is a bit sharper. LDR stands for low dynamic range, I think it adds contrast to scenes with less range.

SGCAM_8.4.400.42.XXX_STABLE_V43 and XML for it (based on Arcide's v3.3 config)
    Created by Shamin, this is probably the GCam with the most options. Works very well with HDR+E. Similar to the LMC setup but Arcide has more recently updated his config using SGCam rather than LMC.

Steps to setup:
    - Download the XML and put it in the Internal Storage > SGCAM > XML folder (make the folder if you don't already have it)
    - Run the GCam and give it permissions
    - Double tap on space between shutter and gallery to load XML

GCam 8.1 Build

BSG Public Build MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1z and XML for it (config by Jajo based on a config by Fenix)
    Created by BSG. Excellent and very stable GCam. Pretty much every option works.

Steps to setup:
    - Download the XML and put it in the Internal Storage > Downloads > MGC_8.1.101_Configs folder (make the folder if you don't already have it)
    - Run the GCam and give it permissions
    - Double tap on space between shutter and gallery to load XML

Page Changelog:​

May 26 2023 - Updated links to AGC 8.4 v9.7 with config and Arnova's 8.7 beta
    March 26 2023 - Updated links to new BSG 8.7 and updated config to SGCam 8.4
    January 28 2023 - Added links for AGC 8.6 and Arnova
    December 22 2022 - Updated link to new BSG 8.6 as well as updating link for LMC.
    September 4 2022 - Updated link to new AGC v9.2 and config for it (now supports dog face detection)
    August 3 2022 - Updated link to new AGC v9.1F and config for it
    July 29 2022 - Updated LMC link to r12 Fixed build and added script based on Arcide v5.1
    July 21 2022 - Made minor edits to the LMC config and re-uploaded
    July 20 2022 - Added link for LMC R12 and config for it
    July 19 2022 - Updated link to new AGC v9 and config for it
    July 2 2022 - Updated with new Arcide based config
    June 1 2022 2nd update - Reuploaded zip file with fixed config. Previous one caused a crash in the 10x lens.
    June 1 2022 - Updated link for AGC config with new Arcide based config.
    May 11 2022 - Updated link to new config file for AGC v7
    April 29 2022 - Initial page creation
    Updated lib and config for AGC v7 (yes I realize AGC v8 is out but it has a weird bug in the viewfinder for our phones). The config is from Arcide's v4 config for LMC. I exported the values into a lib file and then tweaked it in my AGC config.

Here are some pictures taken with the latest config.

10x
    AGC_20220601_143418330.jpg

0.6x + 1.7x digital
    AGC_20220601_145441455.jpg

3x + 1.7x digital
    AGC_20220530_113011168.jpg
    Some 10x telephoto samples from the latest config:

AGC_20220511_131745162.jpg AGC_20220508_151239207.jpg
    @beserker15 thank you for thre support.
    For me 8.1 build works the best but it is a pain switching lenses. The circles that have to be slided always mess up.
    Any workaround? Thanks
    While I don't use the 8.1 build anymore, I think the trick was to not tap exactly where the icons were but slightly away from them.

Also here are a few more of pictures I took using the AGC v7 config with the 10x lens.

AGC_20220516_135034798.jpg
    AGC_20220522_135027806.jpg
    AGC_20220521_162825241.jpg
    Some shots of Himalayan ranges as seen from Air plane.