• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods GCam for the Moto G30

Search This thread

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
google-camera.png

Google Camera Port
Moto G30

A thread to discuss the Google Camera port on this device (Moto G30).

According to reports on Telegram and Reddit, GCam 7 from Wichaya and Nikita works (any apk should work):

- GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1

- NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0

GCam 8 also seems to work, at least versions from BSG:

- https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-mod-google-camera-by-b-s-g.4201665/

If you're experiencing a green or pink tint, enable AWB (Auto White Balance). Simply swipe down in the viewfinder and you'll find the option there.

Explore the settings page to enable things like HDR controls (HDR+ Enhanced improves quality a lot), disable sounds, etc.

If you find a better version or have created a config, share it here to help other users!

Last edited:

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Which one exactly? I've used it before and some features don't work. Like the picture preview and some video camera modes

Compatibility should be more or less the same across his GCam 8.x versions.

If you're asking which apk from that page, they're just different package names. Some brands need special package names to unlock all cameras, for example. The first one ("snap" or "snapcam") is often compatible with lots of phones. Different package names also means that you're able to have multiple GCams installed (no need to remove the one you already use, just install one with a different package name).

Regarding the picture preview, you might need the Google Photos app (no need to login) which is what GCam uses as gallery by default. But... I believe there's also a setting to use 3rd party galleries (check the settings). Keep in mind that not all gallery apps support GCam functionality (eg: motion photos) or handle the photo processing delay very well.

For video, as often happens, the stock camera app might be better when it comes to stabilisation. Some modes (eg: slow motion) have always been a problem with GCam too.

With this said... GCam 8 is still a bit behind GCam 7. The latest GCam isn't always the best GCam.

Reactions: Kuntitled

Kuntitled

Feb 21, 2019
Moto G6 Play
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3

If you're asking which apk from that page, they're just different package names. Some brands need special package names to unlock all cameras, for example. The first one ("snap" or "snapcam") is often compatible with lots of phones. Different package names also means that you're able to have multiple GCams installed (no need to remove the one you already use, just install one with a different package name).

Regarding the picture preview, you might need the Google Photos app (no need to login) which is what GCam uses as gallery by default. But... I believe there's also a setting to use 3rd party galleries (check the settings). Keep in mind that not all gallery apps support GCam functionality (eg: motion photos) or handle the photo processing delay very well.

For video, as often happens, the stock camera app might be better when it comes to stabilisation. Some modes (eg: slow motion) have always been a problem with GCam too.

With this said... GCam 8 is still a bit behind GCam 7. The latest GCam isn't always the best GCam.
I understand now. Thank you for the clear and easy to understand response!

Leproso_Ivan

May 9, 2012
Mendoza
google-camera.png

Google Camera Port
Moto G30

A thread to discuss the Google Camera port on this device (Moto G30).

According to reports on Telegram and Reddit, GCam 7 from Wichaya and Nikita works (any apk should work):

- GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1

- NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0

GCam 8 also seems to work, at least versions from BSG:

- https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-mod-google-camera-by-b-s-g.4201665/

If you're experiencing a green or pink tint, enable AWB (Auto White Balance). Simply swipe down in the viewfinder and you'll find the option there.

Explore the settings page to enable things like HDR controls (HDR+ Enhanced improves quality a lot), disable sounds, etc.

If you find a better version or have created a config, share it here to help other users!

I have tested the GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1 and it has forced closures on my mobile..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which one exactly? I've used it before and some features don't work. Like the picture preview and some video camera modes
    Screenshot_20210519-153708-856.png

Do any of these gcams save to the sdcard ?