GCam for the OnePlus Nord

Lord Ace

Aug 13, 2020
Tried
Arnova image quality is good but the video crashes when turned to 4k
Urnyx's no major issue, faced some crashes but not everytime

rbr210

Aug 11, 2020
So I installed the Arnova as well but haven't had the time to explore all the options. What I was wondering though if anyone knows if there are any XML config files for the Nord that one can import?

romerjon

Oct 26, 2008
Great news!
The developers of the Photoncamera found a way to access ultrawide and macro lenses even on cloned apps (which generally you need root for), without root. Apparently, this method should apply to all different brands. So, we might likely soon be able to access our auxiliary cameras on the OP Nord without root. :)

Reactions: DjeeB

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
Great news!
The developers of the Photoncamera found a way to access ultrawide and macro lenses even on cloned apps (which generally you need root for), without root. Apparently, this method should apply to all different brands. So, we might likely soon be able to access our auxiliary cameras on the OP Nord without root. :)
Yes, it works on the Nord. No public versions yet though.

Reactions: romerjon

pranavom

Aug 19, 2020
Portrait mode

I'm confused with certain settings!
1. There is something called Forces 48 in setting I'm not sure what it is
2. Does the port use the primary 48mp sensor
3. Portrait mode doesn't work on objects!

Rest all is working, tested on my nord! Thanks a Ton!

kkloon

May 27, 2013
Yeah, I also don't understand why you can only choose 4:3 and fullscreen.

Sent from my Nord using XDA Labs
Strange just 4:3 and full screen.

Launching via screen off gesture took a good few seconds but the photo quality are much better.

Btw, how do I go back to default version if I wanted to? Uninstall camera app and restore to factory version?

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
A quick update about GCam on the Nord:

- A dev (eszdman) found a way to access auxiliary cameras on phones with the same limitation as the Nord without root. This means that GCam will be able to use all cameras without root.

- Arnova8G2 already has a testing version that can access 1) back main, 2) back wide, 3) back macro, 4) front main, and 5) front wide. Switching between cameras is buggy at the moment, specially moving between front/back. Urnyx05 is also rewriting the camera switch to better support phones with more than two back cameras and more than one front camera.

- This is great because not only versions from them will work on the Nord, but many other modders use their versions as base.

For now, you can use a version from "greatness". The camera switching between back/front isn't good and it doesn't support the front wide camera, but all other cameras work. If you want to try it:

1. Download and install this apk: Gcam7.3.018_Greatness.Build2.1.apk
2. Download and load this config file (how to): greatness2.1_nord_timo_based.xml (99% based on a version from Timo, thanks!)

Note: this config is crisp and a bit noisy. It's good for details, but might not please everyone.

---

In a few words:

- Still early days for GCam on the Nord.
- Improvements coming from the main modders "soon".
- Aux cameras will work without root.
- Apparently, OnePlus won't fix the aux limitation on their side. Thank the dev community for this, not OnePlus.

Last edited:

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
Interesting. Will try the above version.

I have tried the two version in OP. My device is rooted, so I have also installed the magisk module from here:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/aux-cameras-enabler-module/

I does work, and I can now access the ultra wide camera on the back, but it’s completely blurred and impossible to focus on anything. Has anyone else tried a GCAM version + magisk module and made it work? Do I need to add a config perhaps?

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
I does work, and I can now access the ultra wide camera on the back, but it’s completely blurred and impossible to focus on anything. Has anyone else tried a GCAM version + magisk module and made it work? Do I need to add a config perhaps?
That's probably the macro camera.

ID 0 = back main
ID 2 = back wide
ID 3 = back macro

ID 1 = front main
ID 5 = front wide

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
Thanks. I uninstalled and tried the camera you linked to instead, with no magisk module installed. It seems to work fine. I did not install any config yet, but it seems to work fine without it. What do I gain by adding the config you linked to?

DailyLama72

Mar 2, 2016
Vienna
Although for some reason, I can't seem to take pictures above 12 MP.
That's because there is no Pixel phone with more than 12MP.
So on Nord pixel binning happens, which means, it combines 4 pixels into one.

Pixel 4a 5G / Pixel 5 could be game changers: as well for Google phones (cheaper) but also for GCAM mods finally with more than 12MP :)