Themes / Apps / Mods GCam for X3 Pro

Search This thread

lsander

Jun 28, 2012
Gdynia
Huawei P9 Lite
Redmi Note 8
Well, long time since i started this topic. 😜

A quick update from my end and opinion about "the best", at least for me.
If you are in the Stock MIUI ROM, and unless you really need some feature of the GCam, stay with the default camera app from Xiaomi.
It provides the best quality, have auto filters, AI optimization, and in 99% of the times will be even better that GCam. (I'm serious, just test it out and compare for yourself).

In other ROMs, i recommend the Gcam 8.2 by Greatness with the config "zainullahgcam.xml".
Here are the links:
GCam: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-greatness/f/dl11/
Config: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2021/11/zainullahgcam.xml

The GCam can start a little "fuzy" after apply the config, but just restart it or restart the device and should be OK.
I think this provides the best quality possible. I cannot find any bug or issue and have been using it for weeks now. I am currently using ArrowOS 12.

Here are some samples:
View attachment 5546705
View attachment 5546707
View attachment 5546711
View attachment 5546713

Enjoy!
If it is so goood then why slow mo wideo not working, app fc? On bsg 8.1 it is working normally

DJPRMF

99% this is photoshop, if not then @DJPRMF please post raw images with access to exif data.

No photoshop in any photo attached before, just plain old good lightning - and good scenario.
I don't have to prove nothing, if you don't believe just use the camera of the POCO and go capture some content...
But since you ask

tugatech-2022-02-25-bb9408b0-d8a0-4f53-8e52-6f1d5fafdfdc[1].jpg

If it is so goood then why slow mo wideo not working, app fc? On bsg 8.1 it is working normally
I didn't test the slow motion recording, indeed.
But can you consider one feature the way to teel that something is "bad"?

If you only use slow motion recording, sure...
But if 99% of the time you just want capture good content - photos and vídeos - does it matter?

Reactions: ChriMo

lsander

Jun 28, 2012
Gdynia
Huawei P9 Lite
Redmi Note 8
For me i need full. Just in case maybe one day will need slow mo and dont want to catch myself fast looking for gcam with working slow mo. Photos are really beautiful but im sure with good light and in good moment all gcame can make photos like this

DJPRMF

For me i need full. Just in case maybe one day will need slow mo and dont want to catch myself fast looking for gcam with working slow mo. Photos are really beautiful but im sure with good light and in good moment all gcame can make photos like this

It depends from user to user. :)
If i really need the slow motion, i probably will have the second GCam instaled so i dont need to be looking for it. Yeah, i need to have two camera apps then, and change from one to another is a pain... but if 99% of the time i don't use it... a quick open and close of the app works.

Jack'O

Aug 13, 2011
One of many.
Try out this one.
Paste the xml into the folder LMC8.2 in the internal memory.

Attachments

• LMCR8 2Desart Hydra+.xml
    82.6 KB · Views: 107
  • LMC.R8_Helena_2DA.apk
    239.4 MB · Views: 151

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
I'm dont need speed of internal memory, SD card speed is enough for me.
I prefer to have all my pics on SD - in case of phone failure I have always an option to remove SD card...
Yes ok, but SD can break like internal memory and MIUI/AUX like GCam do not let save files directly to SD. I was using OpenCamera to save to SD on an older device/ROM but now have abandoned that, mainly because the internal speed of PX3P is so good/snappy and because OpenCamera can not match MIUI/AUX or GCam for EIS Video and pic quality.
So as you said in any case a daily Backup is necessary. Mostly do it by Google, I prefer NextCloud on custom/shared webservers, but maybe there is also a good tool to backup from internal to SD?

Last edited:

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
If you are in the Stock MIUI ROM, and unless you really need some feature of the GCam, stay with the default camera app from Xiaomi.
It provides the best quality, have auto filters, AI optimization, and in 99% of the times will be even better that GCam. (I'm serious, just test it out and compare for yourself).

In other ROMs, i recommend the Gcam 8.2 by Greatness with the config "zainullahgcam.xml".
Here are the links:
GCam: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-greatness/f/dl11/
Config: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2021/11/zainullahgcam.xml

The GCam can start a little "fuzy" after apply the config, but just restart it or restart the device and should be OK.
I think this provides the best quality possible. I cannot find any bug or issue and have been using it for weeks now. I am currently using ArrowOS 12.

Oh I love it! The colours feel more natural than BSG and way more snappy. I think this is the best gcam I've ever used

Great experience sharing @DJPRMF - never tested Greatness so far. Are the pics taken in Standard Auto Mode?

In my case I have two PX3P to manage: one with MIUI 12.5 debloated and one with crDroid 7 with included ANX-Cam. That's because EIS Video is most important to me and that works well both on Stock and Custom crDroid. Also for snapshots with popping colors/sharpness the Stock/ANX Cam is ok.

I would seek for a optional GCam App + XML that let's capture "professional/natural" pictures near to the Canon DLSR Neutral/Natural Style which I personally like, even more then the Mirrorless (DSLM) R5/R6 pics which in the standard presetting are more "greyish/contrasty" and not as natural / light-colored.
Most GCams + XML I tried (mainly BSG) focused too much to recreate a pop/instantshare result.

So to my question: @toolu gave a hint - is GCam Greatness with zainullahgcam.xml the nearest configuration to the "professional/natural" look I look for?

myselflatu

Nov 30, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Gcam 8.4 Download Links & Steps To Be Followed During Set-up :

1.You Can Download Google-Camera 8.4.300 Beta Made By Arnova8G2 From HERE

2.You'll Need To Import Gca File Into Gcam Now.

• Download The Gca File From HERE

*How To Load:
Settings > Advanced > XML Config > Select Config > Browse & Select The GCA File

3.Now You'll Need A Config (XML) File To Apply The Necessary Changes To Enhance The Experience And Output Of The Gcam Optimised Specially For The Device.

• Download The Config (XML) File From HERE

*How To Load
Double Click The Empty Space Next To The Shutter Button And Select The XML

Last edited:

myselflatu

Nov 30, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
For Stable Gcam Experience Use Latest BSG 8.1 From Ceslo With Mine Config All Modes And All Lenses Are Working Perfectly Fine. Attached My Configs Here For Both Custom ROMs and MiUI Coz You'll Need Them To Get Stabilization. To Apply Config/XMLs Go to BSG Settings > Configs > Load > Select XML

Attachments

• BSGx3P - NFv46.xml
    88.2 KB · Views: 83
  • BSGx3P_MIUI - NFv46.xml
    88.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
.GCA files are essentially a .zip/.tar with files inside. One of the files inside it is the .XML config. For example, this is what's inside the "ArnovaX3P v3.gca" file:

Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 00.34.46.png

We still need to select/load the config, but the step of downloading and moving the .XML file isn't needed after loading the .GCA because GCam should move this .XML config to the correct folder.

Reactions: myselflatu

flame21

Nov 11, 2019
Well, long time since i started this topic. 😜

Here are the links:

Here are some samples:
View attachment 5546705
View attachment 5546707
View attachment 5546711
View attachment 5546713

Enjoy!
Hi, I installed your recommended version and config, but the pic came out is really dark.
There are 3 apk and I was using this one:
GCam8.2.204_Greatness.211115.1033Release_Snap.apk
I'm using ArrowOS 12, other GCams like BSG Gcam is working fine.

DJPRMF

Hi, I installed your recommended version and config, but the pic came out is really dark.
I'm using ArrowOS 12, other GCams like BSG Gcam is working fine.
Try apply the settings again.
I also was getting that, and i think i only change the camera sensors a few times and they start working again.

I may upload my config that doesn't have that issue.

flame21

Nov 11, 2019
Try apply the settings again.
I also was getting that, and i think i only change the camera sensors a few times and they start working again.

I may upload my config that doesn't have that issue.
I change swap the camera a few times, now the main cam is working fine, but still the 2 others are still very fuzzy. already tried to reload app and reboot the phone.

DJPRMF

I change swap the camera a few times, now the main cam is working fine, but still the 2 others are still very fuzzy. already tried to reload app and reboot the phone.
Try this config.

EDIT: BTW, this config also fix the slow-motion câmera :)

Attachments

• DJPRMF.xml
    42 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Reactions: ChriMo and flame21

flame21

Nov 11, 2019
Try this config.

EDIT: BTW, this config also fix the slow-motion câmera :)
Thank you foe your file, it seems improved the fuzzy problem a bit, but the darkness is still there until I swap between the cameras a few times.
The darkness would randomly come back and I have to still stay with Gcam 8.1, although I really like the fact that this version has different icons for different cameras.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I'm using BSG 8.1 stable g cam port, and it's pretty good. One issue I have though, is that in some scenarios there is intense banding / flickering while recording video. I have turned the anti banding feature to auto, which didn't help. It doesn't happen all the time, and only in some low light scenario I have observed it, but it's very annoying.

FYI I use Arrow OS 12.1, I have global Vayu, and only shoot 1080p 30 FPS
    Hi, I'm using BSG 8.1 stable g cam port, and it's pretty good. One issue I have though, is that in some scenarios there is intense banding / flickering while recording video. I have turned the anti banding feature to auto, which didn't help. It doesn't happen all the time, and only in some low light scenario I have observed it, but it's very annoying.

FYI I use Arrow OS 12.1, I have global Vayu, and only shoot 1080p 30 FPS
    Try manually setting them to 50Hz and 60Hz to see results and compare, sometimes the auto anti-banding can get confused if there are variable light sources with different frequencies.
    Try manually setting them to 50Hz and 60Hz to see results and compare, sometimes the auto anti-banding can get confused if there are variable light sources with different frequencies.
    60 has banding, but 50 does better. There's still some banding in certain scenarios
    In the Telegram Poco X3 Photography group
    a) member Park Q claims Marco's 7.3_GCam_MJL_v4.3_Minilux.apk (2020-08-31, oneplus 6/6t) is optimized for 582 and 586 sensor. He has also posted two configuration XML files (Flat & Zoom)
    b) member Team XKlaus claims MGC_8.1.101_A9 (BSG, 2021-03/04) allows 4k @ 60fps

Searching for "IMX582 celsoazevedo" I found the following:
    UltraCVM_v4.apk (UltraM8, 2020-05-10, configs)
    UltraCam_3.2.3.apk (UltraM8, 2020-02-19, configs)
    UltraM8 bases off Urnyx05 or Arnova8G2 versions with additions and tunings ... with main focus on the IMX586 sensor (primary device Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro).

In Config Files for burial's GCam 7.2.x there is Xiaomi Mi A3 » mi-a3-x.j.b.-ver.1.xml which contains the string: Main Sensor: IMX582 (same as IMX586 without 4K and Stab
    (Xiaomi Mi A3 has Sony IMX586 Exmor RS)

I need to look into this but share so we may find some basic optimization based on existing IMX582(586) configs what GCams might be good.

Just to clarify my focus:
    a) good natural daylight main cam pictures (no oversharpening, no oversaturation, etc.)
    b) 1080p 24fps EIS ExtraSmooth (Steady) Videos (no refocus, no pumping, no artefacts) possibly with UltraWide for less crop
    c) Special Features like 1) Time Lapse 2) Slow motion 3) Night etc.
    d) 4k 24fps EIS as good as possible like 1080p

I made a GSheet comparison: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kpsmnix1jUWCr2SMdPl_wprc8/edit#gid=1775206814
    Hi,

For those with the POCO X3 Pro, what is the best GCam that is currently available to use - most stable, with better quality, etc....
    I have tested some GCams from X3 NFC, but is a shot in the dark - some work, but i think is room to improve in the quality (could be some settings/configs too).

Maybe someone here found a specific one that works better :)

EDIT: This is my opinion after a few months: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gcam-for-x3-pro.4256287/page-12#post-86486777
    Personally i went back to GCAM v8.1 and MK+V7.3.5+FIX+4.4 config and not testing anything further. This is the most mature & stable Gcam & Config with pretty much everything working correctly including EIS. (Video Stabilization) Color rendition is natural, pictures are not oversaturated with good detail and sharpness.

Link to Gcam and config: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1miyPgiyzD5g5K7SgN-fNhaGjMYz7FiDo?usp=sharing (config for Custom ROM's NOT MIUI)

Some sample pictures from last few days, auto mode, handheld, nothing edited.

IMG_20220412_115729_Arcide-LMC8.4-v1.8-greg5.jpg
    IMG_20220412_122921_Arcide-LMC8.4-v1.8-greg5.jpg
    IMG_20220412_125536_Arcide-LMC8.4-v1.8-greg5.jpg
    IMG_20220412_130321_Arcide-LMC8.4-v1.8-greg5.jpg
    IMG_20220412_135120_Arcide-LMC8.4-v1.8-greg5.jpg
    LMCx3P_20220414_122103_8.4.300.jpg
    LMCx3P_20220414_130033_8.4.300.jpg
    PXL_20220423_140336638.jpg
    PXL_20220430_121509313.jpg
    PXL_20220430_125927126.jpg
    PXL_20220430_131204966.jpg
    PXL_20220430_133128965.jpg
    PXL_20220430_133938478.jpg
    PXL_20220430_135348792.jpg
    PXL_20220501_153726272.jpg
    Solid Config / Gcam, it's nice because it shoots very quick. (ZSL)

PXL-20211203-163352063.jpg
    link?! no news on the grapevine :p
    imho, the best cam is MGC by BSG
    Note: i've not tested that very latest version... In case of issue, previous version should work:
    And this XML seems to be good (see attached)