• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods GCam for X3 Pro

Search This thread

BtB

Jun 14, 2008
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
You got the lenses right.
Macro is only a 2MP lens, and focal distance is like 4cm.
Can give interesting results when there's lot of light, but you're right that zoom x2 usually gives better results.
I'll try to post some XML here and there but cannot send all updates. Especially Ronit's are updated almost daily 😆
Only update since my last post is Ronit's.
I'm sharing the 2 versions.
NF:
Pros:​
+ Fast Processing​
Cons:​
- Can Be Noisy (Can Produce Better Details With Gd Lighting)​

NS:
Pros:​
+ Noise Reduction (Smoother Image Outputs In Low light)​
Cons:​
- Slow Processing​

Both with MIUI and OSS version.

Attachments

• BSGx3P - NSv24.4.xml
    83.2 KB · Views: 156
  • BSGx3P - NFv24.4.xml
    83.2 KB · Views: 72
  • BSGx3P_MIUI - NFv24.4.xml
    83.2 KB · Views: 64
  • BSGx3P_MIUI - NSv24.4.xml
    83.2 KB · Views: 109

callydon

Dec 5, 2014
Guys please, I don't know if this is the right place to post this.
My POCO X3 pro crashes often especially when I open the video for back camera, please anyone experiencing this? And any solution?

Thanks.

bu0ne

Apr 9, 2020
Xiaomi Redmi 4X
Indeed,your version's phottos look nice but,since it is a private version,BtB said that it is generally better to use public versions.That's why i finally chose to install MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1n_MGC. :)
I'm new here, i have doubts
Do we have to depend on any modder of gcam or is there a universal arm64 gcam apk?

Do you know official sources or site!

I believe we only depends on xml config file shared by others. No!

pinbanman

Jan 17, 2019
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi, I got noob question.
I tried installing gcam apks and got it running. I take picture and I click on view photo on the right. It loads the picture for half a saecond and disappears to black (it's like don't want to show me photo)

I don't know the cause, i tried different versions of gcams on this thread.

Last edited:

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi, I got noob question.
I tried installing gcam apks and got it running. I take picture and I click on view photo on the right. It loads the picture for half a saecond and turns black.

I don't know the cause, i tried different versions of gcams on this thread.
First of make sure you are loading .xml config, if still doesn't work then go to settings / advanced and enable "Use different gallery app" not sure how exactly it's called in english

Reactions: pinbanman

BreadGyarados

Aug 18, 2021
I flashed my Poco X3 pro with Pixel Extended and i'm loving it so far, except gcam. Whenever I decided to record a video it becomes a blurry mess when saved to the library.
Does anyone know how to fix the issue? I think it's depending on the gcam itself, here's what I've been using: MGC-8.1.101-A9-PV3-MGC-libgcststartup-TN270721R
and here's the mess i have to deal with:
Screenshot_20210917-102017208 (1).jpg

Last edited:

nikoum

I flashed my Poco X3 pro with Pixel Extended and i'm loving it so far, except gcam. Whenever I decided to record a video it becomes a blurry mess when saved to the library.
Does anyone know how to fix the issue? I think it's depending on the gcam itself, here's what I've been using: MGC-8.1.101-A9-PV3-MGC-libgcststartup-TN270721R
Have you tried to clear all data and cashe from settings/camera app ?

nikoum

Go to settings , apps (or apps and notifications), see all apps and select camera. If you see clear data at the bottom, you press that and clear all data, or press storage and clear storage. Alternatively you can long press the camera app icon and press the info sign and that takes you to the camera app settings like above.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Camera & Config https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16_Zm3N7MxzEF2jKGC3p7yfGRZekZ1RTF?usp=sharing

Sample photos https://postimg.cc/gallery/6tNhbfW

Not sure what happened with some pictures, they turned out really bad like this one for example (maybe i moved camera or some bug..) but some turned out exceptional like this one (nothing has been edited)

PXL-20211024-152837162.jpg

From all I have tried, I like this camera and .xml settings. These are 2 pics to set another example
    is there any way to get the quality of original Miui stock camera using Gcam in custom roms?
    i tried some apk's and their xml and they have horrible noise/iso control. exposure is not compensating for anything but either blowing out highlights or darkening images!
    also the video section lacks alot especially in dim lighting where it keeps focus hunting???
    Hello all.
    I am new to smartphones ( I come from a nokia 5800 xpress music).

For the MIUI 12.5.3.0 (RJUEUXM) version, what gcam is racommended?

Thanks in advance
    Hello all.
    I am new to smartphones ( I come from a nokia 5800 xpress music).

For the MIUI 12.5.3.0 (RJUEUXM) version, what gcam is racommended?

Thanks in advance
    I am same like you I try last him mod on BSG and him configs on my poco x3 Pro and make camera amazing
    I use same EU version of MIUI 12.5.3.0
    Check here and configs is great for Poco X3 Pro
    In the Telegram Poco X3 Photography group
    a) member Park Q claims Marco's 7.3_GCam_MJL_v4.3_Minilux.apk (2020-08-31, oneplus 6/6t) is optimized for 582 and 586 sensor. He has also posted two configuration XML files (Flat & Zoom)
    b) member Team XKlaus claims MGC_8.1.101_A9 (BSG, 2021-03/04) allows 4k @ 60fps

Searching for "IMX582 celsoazevedo" I found the following:
    UltraCVM_v4.apk (UltraM8, 2020-05-10, configs)
    UltraCam_3.2.3.apk (UltraM8, 2020-02-19, configs)
    UltraM8 bases off Urnyx05 or Arnova8G2 versions with additions and tunings ... with main focus on the IMX586 sensor (primary device Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro).

In Config Files for burial's GCam 7.2.x there is Xiaomi Mi A3 » mi-a3-x.j.b.-ver.1.xml which contains the string: Main Sensor: IMX582 (same as IMX586 without 4K and Stab
    (Xiaomi Mi A3 has Sony IMX586 Exmor RS)

I need to look into this but share so we may find some basic optimization based on existing IMX582(586) configs what GCams might be good.

Just to clarify my focus:
    a) good natural daylight main cam pictures (no oversharpening, no oversaturation, etc.)
    b) 1080p 24fps EIS ExtraSmooth (Steady) Videos (no refocus, no pumping, no artefacts) possibly with UltraWide for less crop
    c) Special Features like 1) Time Lapse 2) Slow motion 3) Night etc.
    d) 4k 24fps EIS as good as possible like 1080p

I made a GSheet comparison: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kpsmnix1jUWCr2SMdPl_wprc8/edit#gid=1775206814
    Hi,

For those with the POCO X3 Pro, what is the best GCam that is currently available to use - most stable, with better quality, etc....
    I have tested some GCams from X3 NFC, but is a shot in the dark - some work, but i think is room to improve in the quality (could be some settings/configs too).

Maybe someone here found a specific one that works better :)
    Updated and new XMLs, all credits to their authors
    Advice from Telegram:

Ronit for accurate colors on all lens + details (that's R6.2)
    Jole for punch colors on wide and macro
    Melon for visual color orgasm on main cam

Melon and Jole by same author.

More xmls are shared on Telegram.
    I'm trying this:

And it is working properly, thanks @ChriMo
    New BSG update with manual focus, quite nice!!

2 good XMLs attached as well, test and see which one you prefer
    R4 by @myselflatu
    Jole V2 by user *edm
    (both from Telegram group)

Edit: Previous Jole 1.4 would still work if you don't like v2 which is a brand new one.