• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods GCam for X3 Pro

Search This thread

Kanazord

Aug 13, 2018
Nice, I need to visit Poland one day, it looks gorgeous!

And crazy it's straight out of camera jpgs, today the sky was a bit hazy here, so not the best day to try the colors rendering of the sky.
But I hope I can get nice colors like on your pics!

Last edited:
Reactions: k3lcior

Kanazord

Aug 13, 2018
Hello!

Image stabilization works for the wide angle lens too I think, however the wide angle doesn't have optical image stabilization (OIS), so you cannot expect Go Pro level of stabilization ^^.
Only EIS is working, eliminating some of the jittering.
You can smooth it further in post porcessing, but don't expect running or even walking normally and getting stable footage.

On flat ground, you can practice your walking technique and try to keep the phone as stable as possible and you might get a relatively stable result with a bit of practice!

eharada

May 18, 2013
Sao Paulo
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello!

Image stabilization works for the wide angle lens too I think, however the wide angle doesn't have optical image stabilization (OIS), so you cannot expect Go Pro level of stabilization ^^.
Only EIS is working, eliminating some of the jittering.
You can smooth it further in post porcessing, but don't expect running or even walking normally and getting stable footage.

On flat ground, you can practice your walking technique and try to keep the phone as stable as possible and you might get a relatively stable result with a bit of practice!

Oh yes, I know. PX3P has EIS.

Stock MIUI camera has EIS for Wide Angle. So I think it is possible to activate it in Gcam too. But how?
This is the ideia..

I'm TV Camera News in Sao Paulo / Brazil. Practice is being normal for me in the last 28 years!
Thank you! Let's see if there is any solution for GCAM EIS in Wide Angle

Kanazord

Aug 13, 2018
Oh yes, I know. PX3P has EIS.

Stock MIUI camera has EIS for Wide Angle. So I think it is possible to activate it in Gcam too. But how?
This is the ideia..

I'm TV Camera News in Sao Paulo / Brazil. Practice is being normal for me in the last 28 years!
Thank you! Let's see if there is any solution for GCAM EIS in Wide Angle
Wow, lots of experience then :D

For the wide angle EIS, I would say it's enabled on Gcam too, it's just doing a slightly less good job with EIS than the stock app.
I don't think it's disabled, footage would be much much more shacky.

Kanazord

Aug 13, 2018
Yes, thanks, it's the one I downloaded too!

Just I think mine makes more yellowish pictures by default, but we have lots of beige/light browns tones here (I am in Malta), and they seem pretty hard to handle for this config, making them a very saturated yellowish mess in some cases.

I would need to travel to find more colorful buildings and landscape to practice on!

pawel1710

Nov 26, 2014
Wroclaw

Just I think mine makes more yellowish pictures by default, but we have lots of beige/light browns tones here (I am in Malta), and they seem pretty hard to handle for this config, making them a very saturated yellowish mess in some cases.

I would need to travel to find more colorful buildings and landscape to practice on!
Perhaps it is as you write. My photos were taken in Wrocław, Poland. The city is quite large, densely built-up. :)

pawel1710

Nov 26, 2014
Wroclaw

Perhaps it is as you write. My photos were taken in Wrocław, Poland. The city is quite large, densely built-up. :)

ValgarBaldr

Aug 14, 2021
So many cams and xmls, and in telegram they are absurdity so much, in you all opinion what's the best for some casual photos?
I just take pictures of my kids and sometimes when camping and almost all during the day...
Thanks in advanced...
This works for me

Attachments

• MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4_MGC.apk
    73.4 MB · Views: 793
  • 2_5319125663892902258.xml
    33.8 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: TioCareca

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Camera & Config https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16_Zm3N7MxzEF2jKGC3p7yfGRZekZ1RTF?usp=sharing

Sample photos https://postimg.cc/gallery/6tNhbfW

Not sure what happened with some pictures, they turned out really bad like this one for example (maybe i moved camera or some bug..) but some turned out exceptional like this one (nothing has been edited)

PXL-20211024-152837162.jpg

From all I have tried, I like this camera and .xml settings. These are 2 pics to set another example
    is there any way to get the quality of original Miui stock camera using Gcam in custom roms?
    i tried some apk's and their xml and they have horrible noise/iso control. exposure is not compensating for anything but either blowing out highlights or darkening images!
    also the video section lacks alot especially in dim lighting where it keeps focus hunting???
    Hello all.
    I am new to smartphones ( I come from a nokia 5800 xpress music).

For the MIUI 12.5.3.0 (RJUEUXM) version, what gcam is racommended?

Thanks in advance
    Hello all.
    I am new to smartphones ( I come from a nokia 5800 xpress music).

For the MIUI 12.5.3.0 (RJUEUXM) version, what gcam is racommended?

Thanks in advance
    I am same like you I try last him mod on BSG and him configs on my poco x3 Pro and make camera amazing
    I use same EU version of MIUI 12.5.3.0
    Check here and configs is great for Poco X3 Pro
    Solid Config / Gcam, it's nice because it shoots very quick. (ZSL)

PXL-20211203-163352063.jpg
    In the Telegram Poco X3 Photography group
    a) member Park Q claims Marco's 7.3_GCam_MJL_v4.3_Minilux.apk (2020-08-31, oneplus 6/6t) is optimized for 582 and 586 sensor. He has also posted two configuration XML files (Flat & Zoom)
    b) member Team XKlaus claims MGC_8.1.101_A9 (BSG, 2021-03/04) allows 4k @ 60fps

Searching for "IMX582 celsoazevedo" I found the following:
    UltraCVM_v4.apk (UltraM8, 2020-05-10, configs)
    UltraCam_3.2.3.apk (UltraM8, 2020-02-19, configs)
    UltraM8 bases off Urnyx05 or Arnova8G2 versions with additions and tunings ... with main focus on the IMX586 sensor (primary device Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro).

In Config Files for burial's GCam 7.2.x there is Xiaomi Mi A3 » mi-a3-x.j.b.-ver.1.xml which contains the string: Main Sensor: IMX582 (same as IMX586 without 4K and Stab
    (Xiaomi Mi A3 has Sony IMX586 Exmor RS)

I need to look into this but share so we may find some basic optimization based on existing IMX582(586) configs what GCams might be good.

Just to clarify my focus:
    a) good natural daylight main cam pictures (no oversharpening, no oversaturation, etc.)
    b) 1080p 24fps EIS ExtraSmooth (Steady) Videos (no refocus, no pumping, no artefacts) possibly with UltraWide for less crop
    c) Special Features like 1) Time Lapse 2) Slow motion 3) Night etc.
    d) 4k 24fps EIS as good as possible like 1080p

I made a GSheet comparison: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kpsmnix1jUWCr2SMdPl_wprc8/edit#gid=1775206814
    Hi,

For those with the POCO X3 Pro, what is the best GCam that is currently available to use - most stable, with better quality, etc....
    I have tested some GCams from X3 NFC, but is a shot in the dark - some work, but i think is room to improve in the quality (could be some settings/configs too).

Maybe someone here found a specific one that works better :)
    Updated and new XMLs, all credits to their authors
    Advice from Telegram:

Ronit for accurate colors on all lens + details (that's R6.2)
    Jole for punch colors on wide and macro
    Melon for visual color orgasm on main cam

Melon and Jole by same author.

More xmls are shared on Telegram.
    I'm trying this:

And it is working properly, thanks @ChriMo
    New BSG update with manual focus, quite nice!!

2 good XMLs attached as well, test and see which one you prefer
    R4 by @myselflatu
    Jole V2 by user *edm
    (both from Telegram group)

Edit: Previous Jole 1.4 would still work if you don't like v2 which is a brand new one.