Themes / Apps / Mods GCam for X3 Pro

Search This thread

baxxx2

Jun 24, 2019
Any gcam that has working video image stabilization? I'm using 8.1.101 and there is virtually no difference using standard or normal image stabilization option.

Reactions: standa222011

BreadGyarados

Aug 18, 2021
Go to settings , apps (or apps and notifications), see all apps and select camera. If you see clear data at the bottom, you press that and clear all data, or press storage and clear storage. Alternatively you can long press the camera app icon and press the info sign and that takes you to the camera app settings like above.
It still has that garbled mess

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Last edited:

BreadGyarados

Aug 18, 2021
You are supposed to load .xml config for the gcam. And use 1080p/30fps or 4k/30fps.
For example here is one, as for gcam use PV3 or PV4 doesn't matter: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16_Zm3N7MxzEF2jKGC3p7yfGRZekZ1RTF?usp=sharing
Then go to settings in Gcam -> Load config and point to the .xml
Ok so i loaded sone xmls and videos are working great! But whenever I tried to see a photo after having taken it while locked the app crashed. Does anyone know how to fix this?

arik100

Apr 6, 2012
just wondering,
is there an update on the current recommended working build?
or it's still under experimental mode ?
thanks

zohrann

Oct 24, 2007
Wijchen
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
There is a one stop place for all things Poco x3 pro camera related, the official telegram group:

All kinds of XML config files and camera apps you'll ever want!!

Reactions: julioolares

starfall88

Apr 11, 2007
MGC 8.1.101 PV3 + MK7.1.5 config https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16_Zm3N7MxzEF2jKGC3p7yfGRZekZ1RTF?usp=sharing
Sample photos taken with it: https://postimg.cc/gallery/08sXFQy

PXL-20210813-105958881.jpg

PXL-20210813-151352683.jpg

PXL-20210813-130430942.jpg
Big noticeable quality difference compares to stock cam. Thanks!

TM147

Jul 21, 2018
a general question: is there actually a mod that can also save to the SD card like the stock cam?

Kanazord

Aug 13, 2018
I have just got my Poco X3 pro and installed gcam ( the one in post #95 - thanks a lot to K3lcior for the link and your tests!). I will probably test the setup with the more natural colors you posted after too just to check it!

Photo

The main camera is quite good and Gcam is doing a great job, it's way better than stock - It's not miles ahead my Xiaomi A1 + Gcam, but it's definitely an improvment - (it's 10 times faster to process the photos however :D)

Here is a shot with some Lightroom edits/PS

morning-shot.jpg

The Ultra wide however is worse than I expected on this phone, even if Gcam manage to improve it quite a bunch compared to Stock, it's still not really usable for a 1080p output. ( Still, for a phone I paid 190€ for the 256gb version, that's pretty decent - but with the poco you tend to forget that you have a budget phone in your hands!)

Do you guy know how to edit these XML files (understand them at least) to tweak some values? I would like to try to make the colors closer to main cam.

I have seen that you can add librairies too, however I don't really understand what they can be used for? What do they tweak?

Is there any way to use manual white balance?

Video

The video seems much sharper than stock + higher bitrate/ better compression, but I can't get the image stabilization to work.

Does any of you have Gcam video image stab working?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: k3lcior

Kanazord

Aug 13, 2018
I have just tried the gcam K3lcior posted on post #131 and it's really nice too.

Photos:

Better than the other one for portrait, especially in low light (the other one was too saturated, destroying skin colors).

I am keeping both versions!

Video:

Stabilization works great, video quality is miles ahead stock cam.

cons: it really lacks manual settings for video - Any app to recommand featuring manual settings and good EIS + OIS support?

Reactions: k3lcior

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I still can't decide which i like better, "artistic" outcome of 7.1.5 or natural colors with TN. Both seem to have very good detail & sharpness. It's a toss up. For now i have 7.1.5 installed.. i can't wait for first snow to see difference between the 2.

Kanazord

Aug 13, 2018
I still can't decide which i like better, "artistic" outcome of 7.1.5 or natural colors with TN. Both seem to have very good detail & sharpness. It's a toss up. For now i have 7.1.5 installed.. i can't wait for first snow to see difference between the 2.
Yep, they both have their strenght to be honest, that's why I am keeping both and will use them according to the need of the moment.

I already had 2 Gcams on my A1, so I am used to juggling between the apps depending on the situation!

Top Liked Posts