Themes / Apps / Mods GCam for X3 Pro

Search This thread

Gravi

Aug 16, 2007
This is my .xml. You could give it a try if it's up to you.
MTSLCam v7.2. -> 8.3.252

Regards.

Attachments

• Mi_Px3P.xml
    106.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

hackk3r9

Jul 23, 2021
I love the overall picture quality of GCam, however, they are frequently too much out-of-focus. Xiaomi built-in camera is by far better in focusing on the subject.

It seems gcam doesn't have face detection for autofocus? Is it possible to enable this on any GCam version or config setting?

AiTakako

Aug 23, 2022
Germany
Hyy i have a Problem with my Gcam, i running this Custom Rom Evolution X A13 Rom

And i activated Camera Hal3 with Magisk props.
I tried many other Camera apps and i always have very noisy Photo & Video Quality when Using a Camera app.

The build in Gcam is a lite version of Gcam and dont even has a 60fps mode.

Does anyone may have a updated Gcam with config for the Poco X3 Pro?

Here is a test Video

Test Video

Here is my Rom and Gcam Picture

Screenshot_20221106-083129_Einstellungen.png

Screenshot_20221106-083114_Einstellungen.png

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
@AiTakako Dont expect great quality in low light, also i recommend recording with 30 fps instead of 60 - the quality is MUCH better both in MIUI and Gcam.
As for the Gcam & config try TN, it's old config super stable and everything should work.Natural photos no oversaturation or oversharpening etc. You need to load the library, config (.xml) is optional.

Gcam: https://1-dontsharethislink.celsoazevedo.com/file/filesc/MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b_MGC.apk
Library and config: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zu6F8kyPOoW74c0HC8fkw8EASZeX15g_?usp=sharing

If you like "colorful" oversaturated phots (good for social media i guess) try this config (same Gcam, dont use TN library for this one)
Or this one it's slightly more "natural" compared to above, less saturation.

I used all these configs alot (not much video recording though) if you go through my posts you should find sample photos and even video tests.

Edit:

7.3.5 7.1.5

Last edited:

Klaus R

Aug 25, 2018
As for the Gcam & config try TN, it's old config super stable and everything should work.Natural photos no oversaturation or oversharpening etc. You need to load the library, config (.xml) is optional.

Gcam: https://1-dontsharethislink.celsoazevedo.com/file/filesc/MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b_MGC.apk
Library and config: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zu6F8kyPOoW74c0HC8fkw8EASZeX15g_?usp=sharing
Hello. Just had a try... it crashed, as every gcam before. Running Los19 A12, rooted with Magisk, Afwall firewalled. I've no experience in installing gcam, is there something i have to be aware of? I installed apk, no probs so far, gave alle needed permissions and started app... crashing.
Thanx for advice in advance!

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello. Just had a try... it crashed, as every gcam before. Running Los19 A12, rooted with Magisk, Afwall firewalled. I've no experience in installing gcam, is there something i have to be aware of? I installed apk, no probs so far, gave alle needed permissions and started app... crashing.
Thanx for advice in advance!

I dont use Los19 so cant comment on that, try different variant from here https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl88/

AiTakako

Aug 23, 2022
Germany
Hyy i have a Problem with my Gcam, i running this Custom Rom Evolution X A13 Rom

And i activated Camera Hal3 with Magisk props.
I tried many other Camera apps and i always have very noisy Photo & Video Quality when Using a Camera app.

The build in Gcam is a lite version of Gcam and dont even has a 60fps mode.

Does anyone may have a updated Gcam with config for the Poco X3 Pro?

Here is a test Video

Test Video

Here is my Rom and Gcam Picture

View attachment 5753415

View attachment 5753417

Many thx dudes after i learned by your help amd links, nd i just found out that the Newest MK config on variable FPS works suuper good on 1080p recording

And pictures are also fantastic.

i just copied the colouring line from your config into my config now im Happi heh <3

But i consider to use a snapcam version of the gcam i like that feature.

tryy my edited config too pls

Attachments

• MK-V7.3.6-FIX-Colour-BSG.xml
    35.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Klaus R

Aug 25, 2018
I dont use Los19 so cant comment on that, try different variant from here https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl88/
It took some time. In the end i figured out that my prob was NOT due to Lineage. It results from gcam looking for Gapps. And i'm running Los without them.

Some "experts" overhere could have mentioned this point. ;)

Found a solution without installing gapps. Gcam works perfectly now, Chose your advice..

Last edited:

AiTakako

Aug 23, 2022
Germany
forbme whatever gcam or config i use the 60fps video recording always massive re auto focus and little blurry quality..30 fps or Auto fps very noisy at middle or low light...

So many configs and gcams there and everything ends up in bad video recording

khusika

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Feb 14, 2013
Malang
khusika.dev
Xiaomi 12
forbme whatever gcam or config i use the 60fps video recording always massive re auto focus and little blurry quality..30 fps or Auto fps very noisy at middle or low light...

So many configs and gcams there and everything ends up in bad video recording
I think GCAM better for photoshot instead of video recording

Reactions: AiTakako

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
@OverCHAOS in the crDroid 8 Thread suggested to use GCam 8.1 and MK.xml for working video stabilization and without over-saturated colors on the front cam.
I just tried MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1zfix + MK V7.3.5 FIX 4.4. BSG.xml (from Telegram group, on MIUI) and EIS indeed seems to work well. Will test this better (also on crDroid 7 with the OSS.xml version).
If anyone can confirm superior EIS Video performance and saturation style.
I agree good Video EIS seems to work on almost no GCam configs, but I found the above working quite well in April 2022, almost similar to stock MIUI-ANX. However I did not do many more testing since I continue to use crDroid MIUI-ANX Cam also for Video.

Last edited:
Reactions: AiTakako

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
I wonder if it possible to take pictures from the GCam in PX3P and at the same time from a DSLR (Canon in my case - or any other lense camera) and then use GCam settings to get the closest possible picture profile to the DSLR?
My guess it is possible, but only with in deep knowledge and no specific help-tool synchronizing the calibration is available?

AiTakako

Aug 23, 2022
Germany
I agree good Video EIS seems to work on almost no GCam configs, but I found the above working quite well in April 2022, almost similar to stock MIUI-ANX. However I did not do many more testing since I continue to use crDroid MIUI-ANX Cam also for Video.

i had the 8.1 cam with MK config b4 but now i think the MGC_8.6.263_A11_V12_snap + BSGx3Pv8.5-NFv1.2.xml is better.

Smooth 30fps video recording and very good shots

Reactions: ChriMo

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
Thx @AiTakako - need to try

In TG group I see some interesting statements:

Tadi: XML will not affect EIS and Video colors. Only way to edit colors in Video is with tonemap curves which are not integrated in GCam and would look bad on most devices.
Known exception is MotionCam which saves videos in raw format for easier post processing.
So only Postprocessing can optimize video colors etc. to personal preference.

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
i had the 8.1 cam with MK config b4 but now i think the MGC_8.6.263_A11_V12_snap + BSGx3Pv8.5-NFv1.2.xml is better.

Smooth 30fps video recording and very good shots
Snap camera, no location info recorded, even if it is turned on and permission assigned.

Works fine using defaults. With the config file, it tends to hang.

MGC camera, is just perfect. Using defaults, every function works. Picture quality, I can't tell.

Edit:
Update with camera types.

Last edited:

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1x_MGC works on A13 except for close up button.

It still works, just got to use the scroll bar.

Same goes for

MGC_8.6.263_A11_V14_MGC

Top Liked Posts