Question Gcam for X80 pro

Search This thread

Graz08

Jul 30, 2022
Hello,
I have the X80 pro with the European Funtouch OS.
I am not too happy with the colours (although it was overcast today, maybe that's to blame) of the default setting or Zeiss Natural Colours.
I'd like to try the Gcam but when I google for it, there seem to be so many sources and I don't know which to trust.
Can you reccomend one?

Thanks!

I have the same opinion. I move to Vivo from OnePlus6. When shooting objects the pictures are excellent - for example in the buildings city, persons, .... Night photos are beautiful.
Unfortunately I am not satisfied with the performance of the camera when shooting the landscape. In my point of view the pictures at an infinite focus distance are not very good. In some cases the colors of picture seem not nice to me. I would also welcome more settings in the camera, such as disabling digital zoom.

I would also like to try different camera app. I tried several versions of GCAM but none was completely reliable. Thank you.

Thank you for the tip for the camera application. I quickly tried the OpenCamera application and you can see a big difference in image processing. OpenCamera has the possibility to store photos in PNG format that seems to me to be the best. The size of the file is greater of course but it would not bother me. Unfortunately, OpenCamera has no opportunity to switch lenses.

It would be nice if Vivo create the possibility of PNG into a standard application or store JPG in higher quality. I know the VivoCamera has the opportunity to store high-resolution images but unfortunately there are no other settings in this mode.

I tried to make a comparison pic but I don't know how much it will see on forum. For example note the detail of the branches on the trees. VivoCamera may have more detail but there is a loss of quality in JPG processing - something like noise.

VivoX80_Comp_1600.jpg

Hi clone.x. Thank you for the tip for GCAM by MGC. Definitely the best image quality of all camera applications I have tried so far. I set the best possible JPG quality and the result is fantastic. I was surprised by the performance of the telephoto lens - very nice. See attached pictures.

The only disadvantage I have noticed so far is the slower switching of lenses. At the moment of switching the camera seems to turn off and the screen is lost and immediately jumps again. Original VivoCamera doesn't do it. But I don't mind, the quality of photos is more important for me.

I think this has definitely been confirmed that problem is the VivoCamera software. Vivo should still work and maybe in the future software will be as good as the Vivo X80Pro hardware.

VivoX80_GCam_MGC_1600px_01.jpg

VivoX80_GCam_MGC_1600px_02.jpg

Reactions: tobias14
Hi all. I add two photos taken by the GCAM night mode. The first is a wide lens 0.6-1x and second is a telephoto lens 5.4-2x. The exposure lasted about 2.5min but the result is unprecedented. Note on a wide picture how far is the building that is taken on the second picture with an optical zoom. A tripod was used of course. Hardware Vivo cameras is really excellent I think.

At GCAM it has happened to me several times that the application crashed but it did not bother me. The quality of the images is definitely better in my point of view. The only thing that bothers me a little is a longer time when you switch the lens.

I think the original VIVO camera application would help a lot if Vivo allows you to store higher quality of JPEG.

PXL_20220801_213410718.NIGHT_1600.jpg

PXL_20220801_213911738.NIGHT_1600.jpg

Washo4evr

Sep 11, 2012
wow, this is quite incredible coming from a phone
vivo sensors are very good
thanks for sharing

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
I have now received my device myself and was able to test the camera.
This camera app is the best I've seen from any manufacturer.
Even the GCAM linked above is not as good as the standard app.
For me it does not require GCAM. This is the first phone where I don't have to use it.

Reactions: Graz08 and tobias14

Graz08

Jul 30, 2022
For me it does not require GCAM. This is the first phone where I don't have to use it.
I only have tested the GCam for some snaps and the results were very inconsistent.
I'll have to take more shots with it.
That being said, I think the stock app is the best there is for night photos.
As for daylight, I'm curious to see whether the GCam is better. Especially colour-wise.

Dayuser

Recognized Contributor
Jun 26, 2016
Moto G7 Power
GCam will be always better than stock app in day and night if you know what to with it.

Gcams has lots of settings to improve picture quality.

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
Yes, she has. I've been using the GCAM for years.
And I can say for myself that I don't need one for the x80.
The only GCAM that works properly is the latest LMC.
By the way, every GCAM makes images that are too dark. The exposure is wrong.

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
in the light the difference is not that big. Then more in the dark.
GCAM is LMC with some settings on the main lens for a good result. By default, the picture doesn't look that good.
Stock-Cam with Zeiss Mode.

Attachments

• GCAM-LMC.jpg
    GCAM-LMC.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 101
  • Stock-Cam.jpg
    Stock-Cam.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 100

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
I found the mistake. I was using an XML config for the OP9Pro and this was the problem in the dark. Found the setting for it.
I just got the other lenses up and running now I have to configure them. But that will take a while because it is very extensive.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, try BSG Google Camera port, all lens work and pictures are definetely better is some scenario

c.x
    Hi clone.x. Thank you for the tip for GCAM by MGC. Definitely the best image quality of all camera applications I have tried so far. I set the best possible JPG quality and the result is fantastic. I was surprised by the performance of the telephoto lens - very nice. See attached pictures.

The only disadvantage I have noticed so far is the slower switching of lenses. At the moment of switching the camera seems to turn off and the screen is lost and immediately jumps again. Original VivoCamera doesn't do it. But I don't mind, the quality of photos is more important for me.

I think this has definitely been confirmed that problem is the VivoCamera software. Vivo should still work and maybe in the future software will be as good as the Vivo X80Pro hardware.

VivoX80_GCam_MGC_1600px_01.jpg

VivoX80_GCam_MGC_1600px_02.jpg
    here is my first config for LMC8.4R13.
    all lenses work and are configured.I have not corrected any colors. these are out of the box by gcam.
    gcam download: https://gcambrasil.com.br/devs/hasli/
    use the normal R13.

E: new v1.1 config. little bit more contrast.
    The application crashed when switch the all lens by button. I don't know why it is. I use the Normal version.

I want to ask about the use of your configuration file Morph-LMC8.4-X80P-V1.1.xml. If I upload it to the root\LMC8.4\ folder so I think GCAM does not use it. Can you write where do you have your configuration file saved? Thanks
    Folder is right. You have to restore that xml file by opening gcam and double click next shutter button.

ezgif-7-91af0b21aae9.gif