Question Gcam for X80 pro

Search This thread

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
here is my first config for LMC8.4R13.
all lenses work and are configured.I have not corrected any colors. these are out of the box by gcam.
gcam download: https://gcambrasil.com.br/devs/hasli/
use the normal R13.

E: new v1.1 config. little bit more contrast.

Attachments

• Morph-LMC8.4-X80P-V1.1.xml
    148.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Reactions: nightm

Graz08

Jul 30, 2022
Do you always need a config file for the GCam?
Is there one for the X80pro that has it all in one file for people who are not so Adnroid-savvy?

Hi all. I quickly tried the GCAM LMC8.4R13 which was recomended by Morpheus620. It is one of the very good versions.

If I turn on the Additional Cameras> Show Buttons on ViewFinder> Tele/Wide Camera the application crashed when you switch the lens. Can anyone else try it?

I would like to display the lens switching button. Before LMC8.4R13 I used the BSG:MGC_8.5.300_A10_V6_Eng and switch the lens by pressing the buttons took a longer time as I wrote before. For the LMC8.4R13 version it takes the same time but LMC8.4R13 camera app crashed when switching.

But otherwise LMC8.4R13 is definitely a very good version for Vivo X80 Pro. Thank you for the recommendation.

Graz08

Jul 30, 2022
Are you using the normal one or the one with "snapcam" in the name?
Did you also install the config file? Is that required?
I'm new to this.

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
In the beginning I only had problems when I switched to the 5.5x zoom camera that it crashed. But then he was gone. Is it with you no preference on which lens you change it crashes?

if not try the snapcam version.

In the beginning I only had problems when I switched to the 5.5x zoom camera that it crashed. But then he was gone. Is it with you no preference on which lens you change it crashes?

if not try the snapcam version.
The application crashed when switch the all lens by button. I don't know why it is. I use the Normal version.

I want to ask about the use of your configuration file Morph-LMC8.4-X80P-V1.1.xml. If I upload it to the root\LMC8.4\ folder so I think GCAM does not use it. Can you write where do you have your configuration file saved? Thanks

Dayuser

Recognized Contributor
Jun 26, 2016
Moto G7 Power
The application crashed when switch the all lens by button. I don't know why it is. I use the Normal version.

I want to ask about the use of your configuration file Morph-LMC8.4-X80P-V1.1.xml. If I upload it to the root\LMC8.4\ folder so I think GCAM does not use it. Can you write where do you have your configuration file saved? Thanks
Folder is right. You have to restore that xml file by opening gcam and double click next shutter button.

ezgif-7-91af0b21aae9.gif

Reactions: morpheus620

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
I did a little more testing last night. Nothing comes close to the stock camera. The GCAM images were just too dark and I don't feel like dealing with them at the moment.

To: Dayuser
Aaaa, so now it's clear:) I didn't know that the configuration file was loaded this way. Thank you very much for the help.

To: morpheus620
Thanks for config file. I will test it
When shooting objects - for example in the city - Vivo camera is really good. But when shooting on a larger distance - for example landscapes with trees - is gcam better I think.

Dayuser

Recognized Contributor
Jun 26, 2016
Moto G7 Power
I did a little more testing last night. Nothing comes close to the stock camera. The GCAM images were just too dark and I don't feel like dealing with them at the moment.
You can always try different xml setups if there is xml files somewhere. Also i think Vivo X70 Pro+ settings are good for X80 Pro too.

Or change settings on current setup.

b2rdetor

Aug 21, 2011
Sterlitamak
this is probably the best gcam mod for x80pro. very fast, functional, with pretty correct colors. MUCH better than MGC. Of the bugs, I would note that in the leica mode, the screen is divided into two parts and the left one is darker, the right one is lighter, the photos are good, however, if you immediately switch to the video from this mode, then you will shoot a video with this bug. By video. switching between cameras is very strange. for example, you shot in 1x, press 2.2x and the camera switches, but in photo mode))). switch to video and gcam shoots video. Obviously, they didn’t bother with shooting video in this mod, although all modes (even stabilization) are present. However, the vivo stock camera simply destroys the video from the gcam.

you also need to understand that the gcam in this phone is nothing more than an additional tool to the main camera. the main camera has problems with the transmission of vegetation (grass trees) and sometimes there is too much sharpness. but the speed of shooting on the main camera and on the gcam differs by an order of magnitude, the gcam can only be shot motionless, flying somewhere on a yacht and trying to shoot the shore on the gcam you definitely won’t get a good shot)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have now received my device myself and was able to test the camera.
    This camera app is the best I've seen from any manufacturer.
    Even the GCAM linked above is not as good as the standard app.
    For me it does not require GCAM. This is the first phone where I don't have to use it.
    Hi, try BSG Google Camera port, all lens work and pictures are definetely better is some scenario

c.x
    Hi clone.x. Thank you for the tip for GCAM by MGC. Definitely the best image quality of all camera applications I have tried so far. I set the best possible JPG quality and the result is fantastic. I was surprised by the performance of the telephoto lens - very nice. See attached pictures.

The only disadvantage I have noticed so far is the slower switching of lenses. At the moment of switching the camera seems to turn off and the screen is lost and immediately jumps again. Original VivoCamera doesn't do it. But I don't mind, the quality of photos is more important for me.

I think this has definitely been confirmed that problem is the VivoCamera software. Vivo should still work and maybe in the future software will be as good as the Vivo X80Pro hardware.

VivoX80_GCam_MGC_1600px_01.jpg

VivoX80_GCam_MGC_1600px_02.jpg
    here is my first config for LMC8.4R13.
    all lenses work and are configured.I have not corrected any colors. these are out of the box by gcam.
    gcam download: https://gcambrasil.com.br/devs/hasli/
    use the normal R13.

E: new v1.1 config. little bit more contrast.

Folder is right. You have to restore that xml file by opening gcam and double click next shutter button.

ezgif-7-91af0b21aae9.gif