Question GCam for Xiaomi 12 Pro

Search This thread

Dayuser

Recognized Contributor
Jun 26, 2016
Moto G7 Power
No i just properly uninstalled the MTSL version and manually deleted some remining folders before installing the Parrot version.
But i didn't change any settings with the Parrot version when i tried it.
If someone find a way to actually obtain good results with the Parrot version please let us know.
Because Parrot mods are pretty basic is no much to do.

For basic.

Use HDR+ or HDR+ Enchanced

Enable AWB (default is Pixel 6)

Change Merge method to Method 1 (Super Rez zoom)

Display P3 colors

Aresias

Nov 1, 2019
Because Parrot mods are pretty basic is no much to do.

For basic.

Use HDR+ or HDR+ Enchanced

Enable AWB (default is Pixel 6)

Change Merge method to Method 1 (Super Rez zoom)

Display P3 colors
just reinstalled it. I was already set that way exept Merge method that was Auto.
Results are the same.
I can't change AWB method to something else than Pixel 6 because there are only very different sensors options that are even more different than the pixel 6.
Manual HDR+ and HDR++doesn't change anything i still get less details thant the other version.

Aresias

Nov 1, 2019
ok I just did some more tests, it's really the .xml config file that makes all the difference because if I don't load it on the MTSL version I get about the same results as the Parrot version.
Except that on the Parrot version, you can't load a config file...

The_Gary

Oct 6, 2022
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi 12 Pro
I'm very new to Android and this G cam thing but so far I find BSG's 8.5 version works really well with my 12 pro. If anyone wants I could upload my config here.

Looking forward to the Pixel 7 pro based G-Cam which could definitely use all the power of 12 Pro's hardware.

zatloide

May 7, 2011
I'm very new to Android and this G cam thing but so far I find BSG's 8.5 version works really well with my 12 pro. If anyone wants I could upload my config here.

Looking forward to the Pixel 7 pro based G-Cam which could definitely use all the power of 12 Pro's hardware.
yeah thx

GamaPL

Feb 28, 2012
Nysa

Can you post your config? :)

Danacy

Jan 7, 2014
Tnx! I followed your advice and installed the BSG 8.5 with your config. It works perfectly! The night photos take like a full 4 seconds, a bit too long for anything that moves, but oh man the photos are definitely better. Like, a lot.

Day photos have so much more details too. Amazing.

Any reason you picked 8.5 by the way? There are newer versions right?

franchno1969

Nov 3, 2022
Hello
I am a new owner of the xiaomi 12t pro. I need help with the camera stock app that takes awful photos.
I tried to replace it with the gcam taken on this thread but installing it I am in error when I open it because it does not connect me to the camera, and I had to reset the phone. How can I solve?
I have miui 13.

The_Gary

Oct 6, 2022
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi 12 Pro
Tnx! I followed your advice and installed the BSG 8.5 with your config. It works perfectly! The night photos take like a full 4 seconds, a bit too long for anything that moves, but oh man the photos are definitely better. Like, a lot.

Day photos have so much more details too. Amazing.

Any reason you picked 8.5 by the way? There are newer versions right?
Yes, I picked that version because the 8.6 doesn't give the option (at least for my 12 pro) to use the ultra-wide and telephoto lens.. It is just one main cam and a crop of that as the zoom. I don't know how these devs make these APKs, but if they extract the files from a Pixel device and then modify it to the universal way, I assume the newer pixel 7 pro version would be a much closer fit for the 12 pro since they both have similar cameras. ONE CAN HOPE :D

The_Gary

Oct 6, 2022
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi 12 Pro
Hello
I am a new owner of the xiaomi 12t pro. I need help with the camera stock app that takes awful photos.
I tried to replace it with the gcam taken on this thread but installing it I am in error when I open it because it does not connect me to the camera, and I had to reset the phone. How can I solve?
I have miui 13.
OK... An error is unusual, However, you don't need to reset your phone, if it gives you an error, Just try a different version or a different Dev.. However, if you are a bit unsure about it, I say DOWNLOAD GCamator FROM THE PLAY STORE, which can automatically find the best G-Cam version for your phone... Just out of curiosity, what does the Error says?

franchno1969

Nov 3, 2022
Thanks @Il_Gary for the help.
The error that gives me when I open the application is it gives me the error "unable to connect with the camera", then black screen and the application closes and I do not reopen it anymore.
I installed gcamator from play store but it tells me that "google camera for your device was not found. you can press button below to send us request gcam for your device. you will get notification about it" I make the request but I do not answer anything. how should i do?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is no dedicated app or config file for Xiaomi 12 Pro. We need to wait.

Try Gcam from BSG or any new version from other modder, it works but photos are not better than from Xiaomi app.

PL - nie ma i chuj xD
    Just some tests :

Low light condition, 2 photos taken with 2s interval only.
    This is a screenshot that have been taken and cropped the same way on both pictures.

Xiaomi :
    IMG_20220815_145221.jpg

Gcam :
    IMG_20220815_145304.jpg