GCam for Xiaomi Mi 10/Pro

Search This thread
S

sirTAVARES

gcamapk-512-300x300.png

What is Google Camera (AKA GCam)?
Google Camera is the camera app for the Google Nexus and Google Pixel phones. It is not designed or intended to be run on other phones.

What is HDR+?
HDR+ is Google's proprietary image processing routine. HDR+ employs image stacking to control exposure, and also to preserve details, reduce noise, increase sharpness, etc. It is an all-in-one package.

Installation instructions
Download APK to your Phone and Install it (No Root needed)

MOD EDIT: Telegram link removed, please read the STICKY!

DOWNLOADS
URNYX05 [7.3]
ARNOVA8G2 [7.3]

(READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE ASKING SOMETHING)

HOW TO USE .XML FILES
Config files are stored in a folder (if that doesn't exist, CREATE IT)
⚙️ (7.x) Main Storage > GCam/Configs7
To Load a XML open GCam, double click the dark area around the capture button, select the config, and then click on "Restore".
If after this you get "You have no configs" error make sure you inserted the correct folder names!

FAQ GOOGLE CAM

Last edited by a moderator:

galr

Jun 18, 2014
Thanks!
I currently use Burial with Dennis XML. So far so good. All lenses work.

hostmark

Sep 11, 2008
Bangkok
MOD EDIT: CONTENT REMOVED Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

galr

Jun 18, 2014
The Night Mode is very noisy. I think the Stock Night Mode from xiaomi is more accurate.

I agree. Gcam has better details in daylight. The main benefit IMO is using the 3.7x lens. It is so much more detailed in gcam, especially indoors.

And, of course, astrophotography. You can't beat that.

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK
This appears to just be links to the two best known Gcam dev's Gcam versions rather than specific versions for the Mi 10/Pro.

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK
Depends which app you installed, after some research (actually hours of playing around) I came across some apps that have the option of adding additional lenses.

Several of the Gcam 7.4 I tried were not stable so I m using Urnyx05's 7.3.018. version 2.1.

I ve attached my config, you have to go into settings and enable the other lenses, I dont think the config enables them. (edit: it does on ports that support it, edited XML)

It might also be worth following the Note 10 Gcam thread too, as the cameras are the same, the same apps and configs should work too, although I ve not tried them yet.

Last edited:

viper98

Jul 19, 2011
Tried 4 different cameras and none are saving night sight pictures

It takes the picture, a preview shows in the bottom right, but then it just disappears

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK
I ve had that sometimes, now I just cant view pictures via the camera, got to go to the gallery, using burial and the config 2 posts up.

vodovodo

Oct 28, 2006
It takes like 20 seconds to save night sight photos and I don't know why
Usually show up is photos app after 20 secs

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK
Probably cos its stitching all those images together. Not that impressed with Burial tbh, lots of noise in night mode.

paabel

Jan 1, 2013
Does the gcam record hdr video in 10bit bt 2020 Color space at 4k 60Hz or just 8bit?

Krisbo

Apr 7, 2008
Wagga Wagga, Australia
I've taken a photo of a toy cat and some printed text/pattern for comparison. I keep hearing that gcam blows the stock cam out of the water but I just don't see it. The stock photos are much warmer indoors, but I have lightroom mobile on my phone so that doesn't bother me too much. To my eyes, the stock app does a much better job at resolving fine detail and I have no idea what the gcam app is doing in the 3.7x zoom. Also the portrait mode, while probably sharper than the stock app, doesn't really do much background blurring.

For selfies, I get it. I think gcam captures more detail but I always need to touch them up because gcam seems to pump up the red channel far too much.

Here's a dropbox link to the photos.

These were all taken with Urnyx's 7.3 v2.3: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.3.apk and the yan1.xml config file.

EDIT:
I've found another gcam version (Burial) which gives me better results. I also tested out the Lightroom camera which I am a big fan of. There is more noise in the Lightroom photos but there's also more detail. The best example of the difference in detail is to look at the dark grey around the text. In real life it's a very fine cross hatching. The stock camera renders this as a mix of diagonal lines, hatching and smudges. Gcam does better abut renders it more as black dots to the right, pretty good in the centre but a little smudged and then diagonal lines to the left. The Lightroom camera looks more like the actual pattern, albeit with more noise and less sharpening. It does soften as you move right to left but it's the most consistent of the three.

Here's the Dropbox link.

Lightroom is also much warmer but again that can be easily dialed in. For the purposes of this I've just left everything on Auto.

Not sure which one I'll use. I might need to do some more testing.

Last edited:

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK
I ve been using Burial 7.3.018 months, waaay better than stock, you can add each lens too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S
    sirTAVARES
    gcamapk-512-300x300.png

What is Google Camera (AKA GCam)?
    Google Camera is the camera app for the Google Nexus and Google Pixel phones. It is not designed or intended to be run on other phones.

What is HDR+?
    HDR+ is Google's proprietary image processing routine. HDR+ employs image stacking to control exposure, and also to preserve details, reduce noise, increase sharpness, etc. It is an all-in-one package.

Installation instructions
    Download APK to your Phone and Install it (No Root needed)

MOD EDIT: Telegram link removed, please read the STICKY!

DOWNLOADS
    URNYX05 [7.3]
    ARNOVA8G2 [7.3]

(READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE ASKING SOMETHING)

HOW TO USE .XML FILES
    Config files are stored in a folder (if that doesn't exist, CREATE IT)
    ⚙️ (7.x) Main Storage > GCam/Configs7
    To Load a XML open GCam, double click the dark area around the capture button, select the config, and then click on "Restore".
    If after this you get "You have no configs" error make sure you inserted the correct folder names!

FAQ GOOGLE CAM