• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam for Xperia 10 III

Search This thread

alonzimanuel

Aug 27, 2012

Attachments

• Stable config v.1.xml
    24.4 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
Reactions: TrulyPain

alonzimanuel

Aug 27, 2012
yes, really better. With the HDR+ Auto (non advanced), shots are also more quick than stock (that is really slow to be honest). The overall quality is very better, and night mode, potrait mode, astrography etc etc are a considerable plus. This are two shots made during this reply. IMG file is the Gcam, DCIM is Sony (1x cam, no adjustment, all auto).

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 773
  • IMG_20210729_222340.jpg
    IMG_20210729_222340.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 777

bimjunk

Sep 11, 2008
Hi guys, I tried a lot of gcams, finally I found one that works well with 99% of features.

I attach the config file by myself.
Only bug is video recording with aux cameras.
If someone found a better setting or a better combo (gcam+setting), please reply to this post
Video works for me for all 3 cameras. I didn't install the config though, just went to settings -> Advanced -> Auxiliary cameras -> added 3 cameras and assigned appropriate samsung tree icons . After initial crash, it's working fine

alonzimanuel

Aug 27, 2012
Video works for me for all 3 cameras. I didn't install the config though, just went to settings -> Advanced -> Auxiliary cameras -> added 3 cameras and assigned appropriate samsung tree icons . After initial crash, it's working fine
Well! The aux not working in video in original post was because I had the video stabilization on. Talking about photos, have you seen any colour balance difference between the cameras?

alonzimanuel

Aug 27, 2012
I upload the last config file:
-the video stab. Is disabled because video capture with aux freeze the app.
-every gcam 7 feature is working well
-colors are quite different switching cameras, I suppose there's a little settings to do well. But this difference is already present in the stock camera app.

Attachments

• 2021.11.12_Xperia10III.xml
    24.7 KB · Views: 91

holden69

Jun 3, 2020
A little bit offtopic because I did not try GCam yet, but my 10iii arrived yesterday and the pictures (same objects, auto-mode, sony app & opencamera) are im comparison to my 4 year old XZ1c smaller in resolution and size (1,4mb vs 5,8mb) and quality almost as bad as the xz1c. Highest resolution I can set is 12MP in the settings. Are there any settings I have overseen? Or do I have to send it back and buy the Zenfone 8 although I loved Xperia phones since years?

alonzimanuel

Aug 27, 2012
A little bit offtopic because I did not try GCam yet, but my 10iii arrived yesterday and the pictures (same objects, auto-mode, sony app & opencamera) are im comparison to my 4 year old XZ1c smaller in resolution and size (1,4mb vs 5,8mb) and quality almost as bad as the xz1c. Highest resolution I can set is 12MP in the settings. Are there any settings I have overseen? Or do I have to send it back and buy the Zenfone 8 although I loved Xperia phones since years?
I bought this phone at launch. And I will never change with a zenphone 8. I'm very happy with this phone and every update Sony made has solved a problem. I love it. So to come back on topic try the gcam in this post with the last setting.

holden69

Jun 3, 2020
I bought this phone at launch. And I will never change with a zenphone 8. I'm very happy with this phone and every update Sony made has solved a problem. I love it. So to come back on topic try the gcam in this post with the last setting.
Thanks, I just tried your GCam with the latest xml. Might be the best app for 10iii, shutter is quicker than stock, white balance and colors as well, but still the results are awful for a phone from 2021 if you compare it to the xz1c-pictures attached. I don't get it why Sony builts really good cameras (I'm on Canon, but anyway..) and the ones in their phones are bad. After 11 years Xperia-phones I'll go for the Zenfone now :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 10iii_gcam.jpg
    10iii_gcam.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 71
  • 10iii_open_camera.jpg
    10iii_open_camera.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • xz1c_sony_stock.JPG
    xz1c_sony_stock.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 63
  • 10iii_sony_stock.JPG
    10iii_sony_stock.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 60
  • xz1c_open_camera.jpg
    xz1c_open_camera.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 74

pernor998

I upload the last config file:
-the video stab. Is disabled because video capture with aux freeze the app.
-every gcam 7 feature is working well
-colors are quite different switching cameras, I suppose there's a little settings to do well. But this difference is already present in the stock camera app.
Thanks a bunch for the all done config, but it was not obvious how to import it.

See https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/ and follow instructions for GCam 7.x

Top Liked Posts