Question Gcam for zenfone 9?

Search This thread

avivasaf

Apr 24, 2011
Oppo Find N
Did someone tried any gcam version for the zenfone 9? The cameras of this phone are suck, over sharpness, selfie? On paper good selfie sensor but the results are poor

jmbnus

Mar 5, 2022
Oversharpening effect on Zenfone 9 is very strong. Every Zenfone 9 user should inform Asus that they aren't happy about it on Asus forums:

If nobody reports anything on their official channels then Asus will think people like it

iceeyes91

Mar 19, 2009
Ffm
Try out the latest BSG gcam mod:

Working front, rear cameras. Haven't test everything. But so far so good. Wide angle works too. No config applied

The stock camera auto HDR pictures are way to overexposed. This is just an example I took this morning. I prefer the gcam output.
I will post about this in the Asus forum once I have more time.

Cheers

Attachments

• PXL_20220817_061029793.jpg
    PXL_20220817_061029793.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 697
  • P_20220817_061038.jpg
    P_20220817_061038.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 701

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
The GCam makes photos look way better - how ever I'm not knowledgeable enough about the configs to know how to fix. The 8.1 Wichaya version seems to work the best. Though video modes still feel sluggish in the viewfinder. A lot of delay from moving the phone.

I also can't select the main 773 sensor in the noise reduction section. It's simply not there as an option.

Oh well. It seems to work otherwise. :) Slow motion and 50MP RAW has been disabled for now from Wichaya.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRDA1981

eneuro

Jul 8, 2017
Has anyone how things are with android 13? The Gcam is way better, but cannot be used for all purposes, I wish Asus just fixes the heavy post-processing so I can use the native app which is great by the way.

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
I made a config for my Wichaya 8.1 and created noise model with some other adjustment to the settings
Enabled 50MP for video and slow mo only (partially working)

Attachments

• Wichaya8.1_ZF9_V4_081257.xml
    19.9 KB · Views: 112

Yoodj

Mar 6, 2011
Just my 2 cents for wichaya.
The photo is tricky (but ugly) and the purpose was to demonstrate that the Asus process is not on par with the Gcam for color rendering and HDR.

The reds (box, chair and dress) are much more realistic on the Gcam shot. Same for the woody wall.
And look at the sky....

Attachments

• P_20220904_183533.jpg
    P_20220904_183533.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 312
  • PXL_20220904_183542323.jpg
    PXL_20220904_183542323.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 315

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
Did anyone get a gcam with working portrait mode? For me it doesnt apply the blur effect. I have to manually end the blur in Google Photos after

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
Works for me.

I'm using Wichya's Gcam mod + zenfone8/9 config. You have to take the photo in "Portrait" mode.

Oh I worked out the problem. It only applies portrait mode to photos of people, not to other objects. I remember this was the case with the original Google Pixel 1 that I had.

Is it the same for you?

It doesn't pick up my dog, which is a bummer.

Reactions: eVen123

eVen123

Jul 31, 2018
Oh I worked out the problem. It only applies portrait mode to photos of people, not to other objects. I remember this was the case with the original Google Pixel 1 that I had.

Is it the same for you?

Sadly, I don't have a pet to check :)
It works on my front and rear camera in vertical or horizontal orientation. It only works this way in "portrait" app setting (so chosen from between Night Sight/Portrait/Camera/Video/more...).

I've provided you the link to the config file too. It's an .XML file in the previous comment.

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
Sadly, I don't have a pet to check :)
It works on my front and rear camera in vertical or horizontal orientation. It only works this way in "portrait" app setting (so chosen from between Night Sight/Portrait/Camera/Video/more...).

I've provided you the link to the config file too. It's an .XML file in the previous comment.
Yes I got it thank you very much. I have a Pixel 6 too, and the portrait mode on that (and camera in general) is much better so I may just stick with that for now.

zilexa

Sep 14, 2010
@eVen123 the config you link to is the one for Zenfone 8. Am I correct there is no Zenfone 9 config yet?
Is the gimbal stabilisation then used with Gcam?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a config for my Wichaya 8.1 and created noise model with some other adjustment to the settings
    Works for me.

I'm using Wichya's Gcam mod + zenfone8/9 config. You have to take the photo in "Portrait" mode.

Is it the same for you?

@eVen123 the config you link to is the one for Zenfone 8. Am I correct there is no Zenfone 9 config yet?
    Is the gimbal stabilisation then used with Gcam?
    I am actually using this config right now:

The gimbal stabilization works.
    I may be wrong, but based on what I see gimbal stabilization is always active on main lens for all apps including GCam.
    Gimble stabilization is physical. No need to configure it.
    Try out the latest BSG gcam mod:

Working front, rear cameras. Haven't test everything. But so far so good. Wide angle works too. No config applied

The stock camera auto HDR pictures are way to overexposed. This is just an example I took this morning. I prefer the gcam output.
    I will post about this in the Asus forum once I have more time.

Cheers

This guy evidently got GCAM working and notes improvements over native camera app.
    I just joined Android 13 beta program from my Zenfone 9. No ROM yet, but will let you know when they start rolling out.
    The GCam makes photos look way better - how ever I'm not knowledgeable enough about the configs to know how to fix. The 8.1 Wichaya version seems to work the best. Though video modes still feel sluggish in the viewfinder. A lot of delay from moving the phone.

I also can't select the main 773 sensor in the noise reduction section. It's simply not there as an option.

Oh well. It seems to work otherwise. :) Slow motion and 50MP RAW has been disabled for now from Wichaya.