[GCam mods] [6, 7] [A70] || Config Files || Night Sight || October 8, 2019

Search This thread

Lupin The Third

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2011
Planet Earth
Hi there fellow A70 users!

So after playing around with my new A70, here we go with a collection of nicly working GCam versions.

With some little modifications, we can unleash some more power from the A70's camera.

Update 4, gcam 7, no config xml files supported ATM. (October 8, 2019)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80467435&postcount=97

Update 3, new gcam mod, new config file. (October 6, 2019)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80451127&postcount=78

Update 2, no config files needed. (September 11, 2019)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80221658&postcount=57

Update 1 (July 18, 2019): https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79922545&postcount=37

Here's what you need:

This GCam mod by @Arnova8G2: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog585/

The xml config file (attached): View attachment taco_Arnova8G2_v1.5_Note9Snapdragon.xml. Or download from here.
Note: For the xml config file create this folder structure in your internal sd card and copy it there: SDcard/GCam/Configs​

What to do:

1. Install the GCam mod apk

2. Import the config file this way: open the Google Camera, double click the dark area around the capture button, select the config, and then click on "restore". See screenshot below. Detailed guide here.

3. (Optional) Make these two small changes in the app settings/advanced menu: Set front camera to Nexus 6P; set the libs to Eszdman:Xtrme v3 (these are optional changes. But I can see improoved pictures with my A70.)

For those who need more:

You can find a lot of config files here. Feel free to test diffrent xml config files and let us know if you have better results with other configurations/settings.

Ending lines:

Have fun by unleashing the full power of the A70 camera. Stay on topic and help each other.

Don't even try to think about demanding for fixes or posting in a disrespectful way.

Do you feel frustrated with your A70? Deal with it somwhere else don't post it here.

This guide is here because @Arnova8G2 decided to share his work with the community and because I wanted to share this guide with you. So, no one ows you anything. End of the story!

So share here your thoughts, findings and sugestions to improve the camera experience!

Take care.

LTT

Attachments

• libs.jpg
    libs.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 24,385
  • Screenshot_20190712-124501_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20190712-124501_Camera.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 24,353
Last edited:

whyn121

Jul 10, 2019
Does it have a setting to use 32mp? I have a gcam installed with night sight but it doesn't have the 32mp option just like any other camera app. Sorry I'm just a noob with this kind of things.

leonbarroso

Apr 30, 2012
Does it have a setting to use 32mp? I have a gcam installed with night sight but it doesn't have the 32mp option just like any other camera app. Sorry I'm just a noob with this kind of things.

the problem is that the camera api on this phone shows only 8mp back, 5.2mp front - it happens in all camera apps, except the native one
I think there is no solution for this, for now

Lupin The Third

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2011
Planet Earth
Google pixel doesn't have a 32 mega pixel camera. So you will not see that option in a gcam mod.

However the gcam mod will still use that lense, no worries.

palorent

Jul 12, 2014
Very good Work,thank you very much.
I have one question:
If i use your config settings,why does it need 10 Seconds until the Picture is ready?
Without the config settings,it needs about 2 Seconds.

Zohaibzx

Aug 21, 2014
It should have pointed to the latest one, however use the one on top of the list. :)

LTT
Okay so I used the first one.. One issue.. Double tappingthe black area around capture button doesn't do anything.. So I'm not able to select the xml file.. Also where is the option to select the libs? :(

Lupin The Third

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2011
Planet Earth
Okay so I used the first one.. One issue.. Double tappingthe black area around capture button doesn't do anything.. So I'm not able to select the xml file.. Also where is the option to select the libs? :(

First: where are you saving the .xml file? Show me with a screenshot.

Second: you have a screenshot in the op that shows where you can find the option for the libs (the optional step)

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone