Hello! With the plethora of GCam ports out there (thank you, devs), my very objective is to make all necessary features work on our phone, all the while making things simple and clean possible. In contrast with the existing ports that have a lot of settings to tinker, I am aiming for a no-config port that simply works well. Please note that I am not a developer per se; you see, this was just a hobby that I am doing on my spare time and it occurred to me one day that I want to share my efforts to everyone else.
This port is designed and is working well on my Nokia 7 Plus (TA-1046) running Android 9.0 Pie. For the most part, this needs no extra config after installation. I have, however, provided several extra settings that you may play around to your desire.
If it works on your non-Nokia 7 Plus device, that's great! If not, please do not request fixes and/or features and instead head over to this website and look for one that works well on yours. ALSO, if you are into a lot of mod settings, this may not be the port for you. Again, check the link for the other ports.
- All photo (HDR+, Portrait mode, Panorama, Photo Sphere) and video things
- Night sight
- Tracking autofocus
- Motion photos
- Lens Blur
- Slow motion
- Face warping for front camera (can be disabled in later versions)
- Playground (AR stickers): download here
- Launching from lockscreen
GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.3 (final) (Original post)
- Toggle to directly save Portrait shots to /DCIM/Camera (thanks san1ty): a lot of people wanted this feature, so here it is. But be warned: I haven't done any extensive tests to verify if the portrait bug from previous versions still occur here; so far it's okay. Use at your own risk.
- Toggle to use custom lib (from @cstark27): from the custom libs I've tried, Sav ZA v3 is so far the best in my opinion. It significantly reduces black crush while keeping noise reduction etc the same as stock lib. However, this also reduces overall contrast and/or saturation. It's your choice.
- Enabled DCI-P3 color space: I honestly don't know what this does, but I hope enabling it brings some sort of improvement.
- Fixed washed-out RAW photos (thanks for the tips @Urnyx05): RAW (.dng) photos now won't have washed out colors straight out of the camera.
Again, If the app is lagging or acting weird, just clear app data and follow the installation instructions described in the previous versions.
GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.2 (Original post)
GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1 (Original post)
GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.3 (Original post)
GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.2 (Original post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79349111&postcount=287)
GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.1 (Original post here)
GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1 (Original post)
GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.6a (Original post)
What are the GCam settings for?
These are extra features on top of the original Google Camera app for Pixel devices that give more options for the user to play around. Later versions have a "Gcam settings info" page under "About", where each additional setting is briefly described.
What are the best settings?
I made this port such that no special configs and adjustments are needed for the most part. You can change toggles like Location if you want, of course. Furthermore, I have included the GCam settings for additional settings in case anyone wants to do some extra modifications.
Why is it that when I zoom in completely, the display stops midway but the final photo is in fact zoomed?
Why is it that when I double-tap-to-zoom, the final photo seems a bit shifted compared to what is displayed?
I have answered it here.
Why is the max megapixels for front camera only 4MP while the stock camera can go up to 16MP?
I honestly don't know why, but I'm certain that only the Nokia Camera can tap into the full potential of the sensor. Even 3rd party hardware analyzer apps would always declare 4MP. But it produces some seriously good photos for a 4MP size, don't you think?
Why won't it install in my device?
This could be for a couple of reasons: (1) this was developed for Android 9.0 Pie, so no assurance that it will run on lower versions; (2) there could be conflict with an existing GCam app so in that case, uninstall that first before installing this. If both weren't the case, a reboot might help. Or in worst cases, a hard reset may be done.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK the awesome devs for the wonderful GCam ports. Of course special thanks to @Arnova8G2, @cstark27, @S4turno, @Tolyan009, B-S-G, and everyone at the "Nokia 7 plus google camera HDR+ ZSL" XDA thread and other social media platform. Best!