I'm using the Parrot version of 20/2/2020 from 22/2/2020 until today with all uses, camera, video, night sight, etc. but it needs to install the nokia7plus.xml file as it describes.have you used night sight?
I've figured it out.Yes. It's working.
I've noticed one thing though. Portrait sometimes works, sometimes it captures but doesn't save.
No problems with night sight
After a month of work on the modification, I and the testers are ready to release it. A lot of work has been done, in particular towards Oc Android 10. A lot of bugs have been fixed, as well as Auto White Balance buttons and astrophotographs have been added to the application shutter, for that we can express a huge thank you to B-S-G. Also, thank you to Urnyx05 for fixing the departure with the Magisk Eszdman module at 48MP (12 is used anyway).
• Celsoazevedo moderators for their help and source code for the modification, because they made a significant contribution to the modification.
• Thank you very much for the tester for checking the application for finding bugs.
Google Camera v7.3.020 port V1 by Parrot043
EDIT: after testing some more, I was unfortunately able to reproduce the issue of the GCam app not saving pictures anymore. Yet it feels more robust; maybe if not taping crazily on the shutter button, it will behave well enough...
Have you turned "Disable Hexagon DSP" on in Experimental Settings in Advanced Settings? It helps a lot with making sure the app doesn't stop saving photos, as far as I've seen.
Ah, I didn't read that. Oops.Thx, but yes (last line of the 2nd paragraph in the message you answered)
As said, I was testing overwhelming the app, trying to take shots 10 times per second. It felt more robust, but still broke in the end. I'll see whether a more normal use will be fine.
• Fixed ISO in libpatcher.
Also left points which work.
• Added to support ASUS 2019. Thanks Arnova8G2.
• Added focus to infinity in night shooting.
• Updated IQ library, now has naming IQ Alice. Thanks r0m10.
• Fixed viewfinder zoom in 16: 9 format.
• Corrected the item "Disable zoom in portrait mode".
Just select Enable Advanced Settings, go to Advanced and select Hide icon "Movement", after that go to Experimental Settings and select Disable Hexagon DSP
HDR+ Enhanced frames: select 6 or 9 or 12
After that force close and clear cache for app!
Works like charmGoogle Camera v7.3.020 port V2 by Parrot043
Sure. I'll update after 2 days.How much time is this has been working?... Can you update us after 2 days?
---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------
Why is it not working on android 10 on my nokia 7 plus?
It's working ( as in, not crashing and saving photos ) but the photos taken from this version in various scenarios are not good. Like 5/10.Sure. I'll update after 2 days.
Btw, HDR processing is also faster inthis version.
I did not tweak any settings.
Just installed the apk and started shooting.
---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------
Edit : You need to disable Hexagon DSP. my previous settings were automatically imported. So i didn't need to tweak any.
Disable Hexagon DSP to make it work.
This port is designed and is working well on my Nokia 7 Plus (TA-1046) running Android 9.0 Pie. For the most part, this needs no extra config after installation. I have, however, provided several extra settings that you may play around to your desire.
If it works on your non-Nokia 7 Plus device, that's great! If not, please do not request fixes and/or features and instead head over to this website and look for one that works well on yours. ALSO, if you are into a lot of mod settings, this may not be the port for you. Again, check the link for the other ports.
- All photo (HDR+, Portrait mode, Panorama, Photo Sphere) and video things
- Night sight
- Tracking autofocus
- Motion photos
- Lens Blur
- Slow motion
- Face warping for front camera (can be disabled in later versions)
- Playground (AR stickers): download here
- Launching from lockscreen
GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.3 (final) (Original post)
- Toggle to directly save Portrait shots to /DCIM/Camera (thanks san1ty): a lot of people wanted this feature, so here it is. But be warned: I haven't done any extensive tests to verify if the portrait bug from previous versions still occur here; so far it's okay. Use at your own risk.
- Toggle to use custom lib (from @cstark27): from the custom libs I've tried, Sav ZA v3 is so far the best in my opinion. It significantly reduces black crush while keeping noise reduction etc the same as stock lib. However, this also reduces overall contrast and/or saturation. It's your choice.
- Enabled DCI-P3 color space: I honestly don't know what this does, but I hope enabling it brings some sort of improvement.
- Fixed washed-out RAW photos (thanks for the tips @Urnyx05): RAW (.dng) photos now won't have washed out colors straight out of the camera.
Again, If the app is lagging or acting weird, just clear app data and follow the installation instructions described in the previous versions.
GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.2 (Original post)
GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1 (Original post)
GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.3 (Original post)
GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.2 (Original post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79349111&postcount=287)
GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.1 (Original post here)
GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1 (Original post)
GCam_6.1.021_N7P_test2.6a (Original post)
What are the GCam settings for?
These are extra features on top of the original Google Camera app for Pixel devices that give more options for the user to play around. Later versions have a "Gcam settings info" page under "About", where each additional setting is briefly described.
What are the best settings?
I made this port such that no special configs and adjustments are needed for the most part. You can change toggles like Location if you want, of course. Furthermore, I have included the GCam settings for additional settings in case anyone wants to do some extra modifications.
Why is it that when I zoom in completely, the display stops midway but the final photo is in fact zoomed?
Why is it that when I double-tap-to-zoom, the final photo seems a bit shifted compared to what is displayed?
I have answered it here.
Why is the max megapixels for front camera only 4MP while the stock camera can go up to 16MP?
I honestly don't know why, but I'm certain that only the Nokia Camera can tap into the full potential of the sensor. Even 3rd party hardware analyzer apps would always declare 4MP. But it produces some seriously good photos for a 4MP size, don't you think?
Why won't it install in my device?
This could be for a couple of reasons: (1) this was developed for Android 9.0 Pie, so no assurance that it will run on lower versions; (2) there could be conflict with an existing GCam app so in that case, uninstall that first before installing this. If both weren't the case, a reboot might help. Or in worst cases, a hard reset may be done.