Question gcam on galaxy s21fe

Search This thread

vibecatalin

Jul 6, 2008
I guess we have to wait a little bit for a working version, sadly I wasn't expecting that there is no working Gcam, I'm coming from an Pixel phone and I really miss the great photos.

ish4d0w123

Feb 21, 2020
Hey guys. I've been using the S21 version from this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.metareverse.gcamloader&hl=en&gl=US

Everything seems to be working fine. Using Exynos btw.
This is not working either and i dont think this is the real gcam.

Besides let's find something for Snapdragon. Gcam is originally written for snapdragon and s21 fe is using snapdragon, so it could work.

I'm aware that some people have exynos version of s21 fe but come on, don't forget about snapdragon either, there is a better chance to get it working.

For exynos there are hacked versions, some of them work, others are just camera wrappers with same quality as stock camera.
With a real gcam you get much higher quality. But that one does often not work on exynos, and as it seems,not even on snapdragon duh..

Randi03

Oct 30, 2021
It really sucks that there is no development for this phone. I am looking daily on telegram groups regarding the development and nobody seems to be working on it. Maybe it's because the Snapdragon is now released in countries which now have the Exynos and the developers don't have access to this variant. Anyway, there's no clear answer on what the issue really is. Everyone just keeps saying to wait it out but I see more interest with the Z flip 3 than with this phone.

omer7

Hi guys,

This is the working version.

Keep in mind we have 2 model version. Exynos and Snapdragon. Mine is Exynos. I inatalled the 2nd file in the list amd working like a charm.
I also have exonys version. Is the above gcam version still qorking on your phone? Or have u updated to some latest version?

francoj11

Jun 16, 2015
Oh wow I'm shocked that the Snapdragon version doesn't have a proper gcam. I was hoping to jump into this phone, but my country officially sells the Exynos version which I thought gcam didn't work, but gray importers do bring the snapdragon one.
This changes everything.

Reactions: tmbg47

webvan

May 20, 2008
Watching...will be returning the S21 FE, the stock camera really produces poor quality shots, colors are over saturated and 3x are blocky :-(

Reactions: Randi03 and tmbg47

Randi03

Oct 30, 2021
Well, technically it's the camera software that is bad. The hardware itself is good but there's not an app to use it properly. For normal shots you can try pro mode and raw files. You can even shoot 3x raw files with GCam and an xml settings file to enable the lens. To be perfectly honest, I'd actually return it myself but the things that keep me from doing so are OneUi and video quality. I just cannot find a better alternative for the OS and the smoothness of videos. S21 FE is a good phone but far from being as good as it can be.

bean07

Jan 1, 2016
Hello there! I am currently using the Exynos version, BSG's GCam seems to be working fine for me, but I cannot seem to enable Telephone 3x cam, can someone help me? it is just blank.

ish4d0w123

Feb 21, 2020
Hello there! I am currently using the Exynos version, BSG's GCam seems to be working fine for me, but I cannot seem to enable Telephone 3x cam, can someone help me? it is just blank.
At this point it doesn't seem to matter which variant you have. There are major differences yes, but the problems seem to be very similar: non working camera interfaces. The difference is that for us, the cameras start but fail after 2 seconds. And for you it doesn't even start.

Most of us I think have the SNAPDRAGON version and this should be prioritised as this is what GCAM is originally designed for and the easiest to port for. Also, with Samsung previously only USA got Snapdragon , but now Europe got it too, starting with the S20FE and this tradition continued with S21FE. I am so happy to have the Snapdragon version , it was the reason I chose this model. However, the Exynos version is also remarkably great in this series.

BUt still I am shocked beyond words that there is not a version for Snapdragon S21FE. I mean, GCam is naturally for Snapdragon, this is a new and affordable phone, probably lots of people have it already, WHY is there no GCAM????????????

ish4d0w123

Feb 21, 2020
Watching...will be returning the S21 FE, the stock camera really produces poor quality shots, colors are over saturated and 3x are blocky :-(
Try enabling HEIC compression. It is better than that junk JPG, in which it produces really bad quality yes. However in HEIC mode it is great.

Randi03

Oct 30, 2021
Try enabling HEIC compression. It is better than that junk JPG, in which it produces really bad quality yes. However in HEIC mode it is great.
How exactly do we enable HEIC for photos? The only setting I have is for HEVC and that is for video recording not photos.

After looking some more, I found the setting for HEIF in "picture formats" but not HEIC. I suppose it was just a typo :)

No viewfinder freeze on snapdragon with this version :)

This is getting closer. Seems to have the wrong label for the front-facing cameras though. The regular FFC is shown as the "macro" lens (which the S21FE doesn't have AFAIK) and the wide-angle FFC is mislabeled as the regular FFC

TonySpoons

Oct 16, 2020
This is getting closer. Seems to have the wrong label for the front-facing cameras though. The regular FFC is shown as the "macro" lens (which the S21FE doesn't have AFAIK) and the wide-angle FFC is mislabeled as the regular FFC
Although GCamGo is the cut back version for Android Go devices, so doesn't have the same API support for the cameras - probably why it works.

Randi03

Oct 30, 2021
MGC 8.1.101 crashes on all lens on the S21 FE. Only one that doesn't crash is GCAMGO_3.3.439_SHAMIM_V1 but that one does not have RAW support or 3x telephoto support. No way to add configs also.

Reactions: joke19

DemotionFR

Feb 8, 2021
réo tu essaies ça
MGC 8.1.101 crashes on all lens on the S21 FE. Only one that doesn't crash is GCAMGO_3.3.439_SHAMIM_V1 but that one does not have RAW support or 3x telephoto support. No way to add configs also.

Do you try this GCAM_8.4.400.42.XX_SHAMIM_V21 ? You have to active RAW, in the advanced settings, after it appear in the basic settings menu ...

But camera film with 30 FPS, anyway, even if you activate 60 fps on 1080p with this GCAM.

I am on S10+

edit: I didn't say anything, this version crashes in portrait mode.
Apart from the GO version, the others all have stability issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-101630_Appareil photo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220525-101630_Appareil photo.jpg
    951.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will make some day and night shots today with the default camera and gcam from greatness. check how it works generally. Lets see what comes out. I bought the s21 fe before 2 weeks. Until now i can say its a good phone and camera is good. Lets see if it can get even better. I would like to see if the main camera with the gcam will shoot in more natural colours than the default one.

The HDR And HDR+ enhanced is the main feature that i was using gcam on my old Mi 8. It makes a big difference in low light shots. If it cant work and makes viefinder freeze than we have to check for other version that will make it work.
    also found a way to get it partly working on snapdragon variant:
    download https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-greatness/f/dl11/
    com.samsung.android.biometrics.service

Apply the config which I attached.
    Disable HDR and freeze will be gone.
    Front cam doesnt work.
    Maybe someone else will find a proper way fixing it
    After updating to the latest version the normal camera mode actually worked for me on snapdragon S21 FE. 👍
    hello guys,which mod and version is stable(last version) on s21 fe exynos??

this one is working on exynos
    Try Parrot043 GCam version if that works without viewfinder freezing.

At this point it doesn't seem to matter which variant you have. There are major differences yes, but the problems seem to be very similar: non working camera interfaces. The difference is that for us, the cameras start but fail after 2 seconds. And for you it doesn't even start.

Most of us I think have the SNAPDRAGON version and this should be prioritised as this is what GCAM is originally designed for and the easiest to port for. Also, with Samsung previously only USA got Snapdragon , but now Europe got it too, starting with the S20FE and this tradition continued with S21FE. I am so happy to have the Snapdragon version , it was the reason I chose this model. However, the Exynos version is also remarkably great in this series.

BUt still I am shocked beyond words that there is not a version for Snapdragon S21FE. I mean, GCam is naturally for Snapdragon, this is a new and affordable phone, probably lots of people have it already, WHY is there no GCAM????????????
    Look this tests, i prefer a little bit softer image but with more details.
    The stock camera have a very invasive HDR, create a wider dyanamic range (in this photos can't notice too much because weather it's cloudy)that's ok, sometimes take very nice photo, and sometimes looks too much "oniric".
    The ultrawide havent't the lens correction and create a very ugly distortion,t he zoom interpolation of stock camera it's nice, but too much oversharpen, look the small details in gcam.
    At only 3X in my opinion that's no way for stock camera, gcam it's better.
    I hope someone can will be able to make it work perfectly for the main camera and use the real quality of ours S21 FE.

Test zoom 3X .jpg Test zoom 05X.jpg Test zoom 8X sabre vs stock.jpg
    pretty sad that we don't have a working GCam port for the S21 FE with the Snapdragon SoC.
    I thought this was a popular choice, especially since now you can get if for a low price, and for such a popular phone I would've expected to have a working GCam port asap :)
    anywayz, can't wait for such a version to be posted soon. of course, one that works with all cameras, ESPECIALLY with the main one.
    thanks in advance for anyone providing such a port of GCam for the S21 FE (with SD SoC).