Question gcam on galaxy s21fe

Search This thread

Payne83

Feb 17, 2020
I can't say that gcam greatness has better results. The only positive result is the better more natural colour on faces. Dynamic range and sharpness is better on default cam app. Also telephoto isn't better on gcam. We have to wait for future versions.

dapad

Nov 12, 2009
I can't say that gcam greatness has better results. The only positive result is the better more natural colour on faces. Dynamic range and sharpness is better on default cam app. Also telephoto isn't better on gcam. We have to wait for future versions.
I agree with this comment. It's a great improve from that past versions that simply crashed/froze after a few seconds.
But everything is not perfect yeet : sharpness and tele are not good (just tried a close-up at low light and the default app is giving much better results)
The user-interface seems however better. It needs an additional update to become the default app

Payne83

Feb 17, 2020
Will try the ZGCAM from zoran. But I have the snapdragon version.

zafawikenpachi only the front cam doesn't work? Back all working normally? U have the exynos version?

zafawikenpachi

Oct 21, 2019
Will try the ZGCAM from zoran. But I have the snapdragon version.

zafawikenpachi only the front cam doesn't work? Back all working normally? U have the exynos version?
Yup, only selfie cam not working.
For back cam can't say all working normally but so far so good. Maybe some little tweak can make everything work smoothly.

Yeah mine is the Exynos 2100 version.

Reactions: LuuchoRocha

Cujou2

Jun 22, 2022
also found a way to get it partly working on snapdragon variant:
download https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-greatness/f/dl12/
com.samsung.android.biometrics.service

Apply the config which I attached.
Disable HDR and freeze will be gone.
Front cam doesnt work.
Maybe someone else will find a proper way fixing it
Hi. I Have S21FE for few days and tried many gcams..
So this version is almost perfect. HDR+ working on 3x telephoto and Wide. But tha main camera is still freezing. The main camera works only without HDR.... So we are close to 100% working (i dont care about selfies)
3x Telephoto with HDR+ is .... wow. Much better quality than stock. It looks like stock camera have problem with focus at 3x telephoto....

So hope for fix main camera HDR. Gcam have better pictures for human faces.. Lots of detail here. Stock is like ironed (without detail, too much noise reduction)

EDIT: wide camera with HDR on gcam too much noise...

Last edited:

heavensboy

Jul 25, 2012
The best that I found working is here. A little bit laggy but it's most stable and usable. Here is the link. If anyone finds anything better do tell me:

Instructions on using config file are also there.

After setting up Gcam and Config file restart App!!!

Reactions: LuuchoRocha

Octavian87

Jun 12, 2018
The best that I found working is here. A little bit laggy but it's most stable and usable. Here is the link. If anyone finds anything better do tell me:

Instructions on using config file are also there.

After setting up Gcam and Config file restart App!!!
What version exactly and config. On my s21 fe the previewe is freezing

Payne83

Feb 17, 2020
If it works on Exynos doesn't mean it will work on Smapdragon version.

It's not clear which version Octavian87 have. I believe he has the Exynos.

Payne83

Feb 17, 2020
I tried this version that octavian87 suggested (ruler and scan3d for samsung versions) but on my snapdragon the viewfinder is freezing. Even tryed a lot of configs for s21 also s20 fe since it has same sensor. But nothing.

We have to wait.

qasim4gul

Aug 5, 2018

Attachments

• 20220703_142011.jpg
    20220703_142011.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 206
Reactions: fael097

zafawikenpachi

Oct 21, 2019
Is it just mine or all selfie for Gcam not working regardless which version we install? Mine is Exynos version, and I've tried every possible gcam apk out there but all of them not working for selfie. Is there any setting that I've missed out?

ish4d0w123

Feb 21, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi
Despite asking months ago, I am unable to find a working version of GCAM.
I have the Snapdragon model of S21FE. All versions of GCAM either do not launch or freeze after 2 seconds.

Does somebody have a solution to this?

I'm fed up with journalists claiming their version works just because it launches. If it freezee after 2 seconds then it is of no use. The same is true if they only have a working one for the exynos model. I don't care about exynos, here in Europe we finally got the snapdragon edition, so this will be a SNAPDRAGON-ONLY topic.

ish4d0w123

Feb 21, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
If you don't see how great it is, then you have never seen a proper version of gcam with snapdragon image processing.
There are fake versions made by amateours who try to make a minute of fame by releasing a botched version that "works" but is not more than a viewfinder using regular camera apis.

Dayuser

Jun 26, 2016
Moto G7 Power
If you don't see how great it is, then you have never seen a proper version of gcam with snapdragon image processing.
There are fake versions made by amateours who try to make a minute of fame by releasing a botched version that "works" but is not more than a viewfinder using regular camera apis.
What is proper version of gcam, please give us example.

and what gcam version is fake?

Payne83

Feb 17, 2020
I used gcam a lot with my older phone the xiaomi Mi 8. Mostly versions from san1ty, Urnyx05 and BSG. I have full knowledge and experience in how gcam software can produce better results especial in low light and night photos. For the S21 FE with snapdragon it doesn't still exist a stable version of gcam that works with HDR + and enhanced enabled. These two are the main tools on gcam.

Which are the fakes ones?

Reactions: brons2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used gcam a lot with my older phone the xiaomi Mi 8. Mostly versions from san1ty, Urnyx05 and BSG. I have full knowledge and experience in how gcam software can produce better results especial in low light and night photos. For the S21 FE with snapdragon it doesn't still exist a stable version of gcam that works with HDR + and enhanced enabled. These two are the main tools on gcam.

Which are the fakes ones?
    Reataching XML and link to apk to this Thread for conveniance.
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-greatness/f/dl12/
    Have a good one
    Has anybody, who's got root, tried to add persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=0 to build.prop? Just checked the contents of build.prop and there's no such entry there.
    ----
    EDIT: after trying different versions I've found that GCam 6.1.021.1904181850 works with HDR(+) for rear camera without lags or freezes: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog414/ but you have enter options and toggle FIX/buffer fix. It doesn't save/crashes front cam and freezes the viewfinder for night mode, but it's a hint what we need - maybe somebody will find any newer version that supports such toggles. Tried many other 6.1 versions but none of those got installed.
    btw. instead of changing it manually, use taco_Arnova8G2_v1.5_Note9Snapdragon.xml - it changes many other things, like front cam not crashing when taking photo (but still - it doesn't save it)
    The problem was and is still HDR + and enhanced doesn't work. I have installed urnyx05 7.3.018 version 2.6 and it doesnt freeze. But when I enable hdr it freezes. Same story.

Working only with hdr off.
    There is no point using this stuff with HDR and Enhanced OFF. At that point it is not much better than stock cam. Someone needs to fix this , we have the perfect snapdragon phone and a proper version of gcam could do wonders on it.
    I tryed this version from BigKaka:

with the configuration file for Xperia 1 III and its the first that has HDRnet (not HDR+ or enhanced) active and it doesnt freeze the viewfinder and saves the file.

The problem is that it needs tweaking cause it hasn't got the correct lens settings and it's too wide from beginning on the main sensor.

Try it, tell what u think and if u think we can get something from it.

Generally on BigKaka's versions you can tweak many settings
    Unfortunately, that is not our problem. The config sets the ultrawide lens as the default and the telephoto as the second choice, so it doesn't crash any more, because the primary lens is not selectable. It will crash once you add the primary lens.
    Try Parrot043 GCam version if that works without viewfinder freezing.

Hello there! I am currently using the Exynos version, BSG's GCam seems to be working fine for me, but I cannot seem to enable Telephone 3x cam, can someone help me? it is just blank.
    At this point it doesn't seem to matter which variant you have. There are major differences yes, but the problems seem to be very similar: non working camera interfaces. The difference is that for us, the cameras start but fail after 2 seconds. And for you it doesn't even start.

Most of us I think have the SNAPDRAGON version and this should be prioritised as this is what GCAM is originally designed for and the easiest to port for. Also, with Samsung previously only USA got Snapdragon , but now Europe got it too, starting with the S20FE and this tradition continued with S21FE. I am so happy to have the Snapdragon version , it was the reason I chose this model. However, the Exynos version is also remarkably great in this series.

BUt still I am shocked beyond words that there is not a version for Snapdragon S21FE. I mean, GCam is naturally for Snapdragon, this is a new and affordable phone, probably lots of people have it already, WHY is there no GCAM????????????
    Look this tests, i prefer a little bit softer image but with more details.
    The stock camera have a very invasive HDR, create a wider dyanamic range (in this photos can't notice too much because weather it's cloudy)that's ok, sometimes take very nice photo, and sometimes looks too much "oniric".
    The ultrawide havent't the lens correction and create a very ugly distortion,t he zoom interpolation of stock camera it's nice, but too much oversharpen, look the small details in gcam.
    At only 3X in my opinion that's no way for stock camera, gcam it's better.
    I hope someone can will be able to make it work perfectly for the main camera and use the real quality of ours S21 FE.

Test zoom 3X .jpg Test zoom 05X.jpg Test zoom 8X sabre vs stock.jpg
    Watching...will be returning the S21 FE, the stock camera really produces poor quality shots, colors are over saturated and 3x are blocky :-(
    pretty sad that we don't have a working GCam port for the S21 FE with the Snapdragon SoC.
    I thought this was a popular choice, especially since now you can get if for a low price, and for such a popular phone I would've expected to have a working GCam port asap :)
    anywayz, can't wait for such a version to be posted soon. of course, one that works with all cameras, ESPECIALLY with the main one.
    thanks in advance for anyone providing such a port of GCam for the S21 FE (with SD SoC).