• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

GCAM: on Umidigi Bison

Search This thread

D2sx34

Aug 22, 2008
Has anyone got GCAM Google camera app to work on Umidigi Bison?

I tried it - app installed, but crashes when opened. It looks like Umidigi Bison supports Limited Camera2 API and that may be the reason.

kingpablo

Sep 24, 2008
Let me know. I tried tons of variations in GCAM. none worked on a non-rooted phone. I like the rest of the phone, but the camera software sucks. When you run the CAMERA 2 API app, all the hardware is limited. I've been bitching directly to UMIDIGI on their technical side. I like everything about the phone so far but the camera is a huge compromise. Get the camera package working properly, this phone is excellent.

Helerquim

Jun 18, 2020
This one seems to work. There are still some issues - zoom is wonky, for one thing - but it takes photos and doesn't crash.

Thx!
Its working for me, a little clumpsy but it works, the image Its not smooth while taking The pictures but I dont care
My bison Its not rooted and this app worked fine

ƁɐⱤᶒ

Jul 7, 2013
hello i am interested in this phone but first i would like to know if it supports raw?

Does anyone have photos taken with the base app?

Txs in advance

Reactions: poog

poog

May 23, 2010
Thx!
Its working for me, a little clumpsy but it works, the image Its not smooth while taking The pictures but I dont care
My bison Its not rooted and this app worked fine
HI, do you know if "HDR+" works with GCAM? Because the Bison uses Media-tek processor. HDR+ mode is what makes GCAM special. And apparently GCAM with HDR+ mode apparently only works with snapdragon processors....not Media-tek,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have it installed non rooted bison will look and see what version it is is the only one I could get to work
    awesome. It would be great if u can check and send a link of what to install.
    I just tried it and it's not working will dig through the history on my laptop as I had a copy stored on it,but microsoft added a driver and can't uninstall it have to replace the mobo and reformat it. The new mobo be here Wednesday will message when I find it...
    This one seems to work. There are still some issues - zoom is wonky, for one thing - but it takes photos and doesn't crash.

hello i am interested in this phone but first i would like to know if it supports raw?

Does anyone have photos taken with the base app?

Txs in advance