• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GCam] OnePlus 6 / 6T

Search This thread

dnnsmrnd

Sep 1, 2015
I had the great opportunity to work a liiiiiiiittle bit with marian on testing those XML.
Exposure is your personal taste, marian's goal was to achieve an image as close as possible to the one shot by a real Pixel3 phone with the same gcam version. You can find every kind of comparisons on marian's shared folders and OP6 shots are really close to Pixel3 (considering different hardware and optics).
So again, if you like having a +2 on your settings, go for it. You gotta enjoy your pics, but it's personal choice.
To me TILL TODAY no one gcam version is better than beta19 + marian settings.

credit to: @AcmE85 aka Marian. Man tks to you I did the most beautiful photos of my son from his birth till now. And you know i really mean it.

+Props to the creator of marian xml
+Props to the devs

Also, just to add i have been using xtreme beta 19 + marian xmls for the longest time.

I hope the devs could make top shot, slow motion etc. work flawless and make night sight capture a little faster :)

Last edited:

StDevious

Jul 13, 2010
+Props to the creator of marian xml
+Props to the devs

Also, just to add i have been using xtreme beta 19 + marian xmls for the longest time.

I hope the devs could make top shot, slow motion etc. work flawless and make night sight capture a little faster :)
Where do I find this beta 19?

MetalSir

Oct 25, 2018
Italy
Reactions: StDevious

acloh0411

Jun 1, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
how to install arnova 1.6 beta 1 and 2.1 beta 9 together?
earlier i can have 2 version but now after install 2.1 beta 9, it will replace 1.6 beta 1.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

earlier i can have 2 version but now after install 2.1 beta 9, it will replace 1.6 beta 1.

dnnsmrnd

Sep 1, 2015
@MetalSir or anyone has a work around to make top shot work on xtreme beta 19?

Please share :)

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

[/COLOR @MetalSir or anyone has a work around to make top shot work on xtreme beta 19?

Please share :)

kermirz

Oct 3, 2018

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Go telegram group oneplus 6/6t google camera, type #mods and choose marco. Download arnova 1.6 mod and 2.1 or 2.2

Qubick

Jun 17, 2019
My front camera will not go any higher than 5.2 MP...any suggestions? Galaxy s9+

I had similar thing with my OP6, the selfies were only 4 MP. But I discovered that if you launch the gcam app directly to the front cam (long press the icon- take a selfie, or create a front cam shortcut), then the selfies are 12 MP. But you have to remove gcam from background before launching front cam for this to work.
Hope this helps.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Hi. I installed mgc 61021 xcam5 beta 19 on my op6t, and can't figure out where to put the config xml.

On my 7 pro with gcam, the installation created a gcam folder to put configs into.
Please advise,
Too many pages here and search results are no good

NVM. Found a post about it with a great link. I forget who it said made the instructions, so my apologies for no credit, but they're NOT MINE.

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/

Last edited:
Reactions: 39FarmallM
G

gauravrai

Hello guys particularly oneplus6 users
Can someone share their best camera setting configuration file for versions-

Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.1.190614.0200.apk (Arnova8G2, 2019-06-14)

Or

Arnova's Advanced Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6.190614.0200.apk (Arnova8G2, 2019-06-14)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

piku 123

Jan 11, 2013

joriq

Aug 11, 2009
Podgorica
Has anyone had problems with photo/data corruption? I've been using the latest 6.2.030 versions by @Arnova8G2 and the photos keep disappearing!?! Not only the new ones, I by chance checked the deleted photos folder and I found 400+ photos on 2 occasions, some of them from january, but I think all of them were taken by GCam ports... The issue might be related with enabling/disabling location saving, or at least it is not as bad when I turn the locations to OFF.

PS I know that some will say to just revert to older versions xteme beta 19, but I am asking about the newer versions and issues with them...

Morgoth_RB

Aug 13, 2008
Leun
Has anyone had problems with photo/data corruption? I've been using the latest 6.2.030 versions by @Arnova8G2 and the photos keep disappearing!?! Not only the new ones, I by chance checked the deleted photos folder and I found 400+ photos on 2 occasions, some of them from january, but I think all of them were taken by GCam ports... The issue might be related with enabling/disabling location saving, or at least it is not as bad when I turn the locations to OFF.

PS I know that some will say to just revert to older versions xteme beta 19, but I am asking about the newer versions and issues with them...
Do you use Google photos? There are reports that also pixel phones have the same problem and this could be related to Google photos:
https://support.google.com/photos/thread/200457?hl=en
I've seen the same issue with my phone but as I'm using foldersync as nightly photo backup, it's easy for me to get them back.

Top Liked Posts