• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GCam] OnePlus 6 / 6T

Search This thread

cstark27

Jul 2, 2010
@cstark27, this version, I replace focus distance calibration which is set on APPROXIMATE by Hyperfocal distance, the focus is better, yet to improve.
I name them 1.2.1
1.1 @defcomg fix
1.2 black level fix
1.2.1 Test focus

OP6-1.2.1-GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2.apk

Code I wanted to add, but does not work ( FC )
Code:
	// Infinity    Hyperfocal                 Minimum   Camera
        //  <----------|-----------------------------|         |
        // [0.0]     [0.31]                       [14.29]
        Float minimumfocus = characteristics.get(CameraCharacteristics.LENS_INFO_MINIMUM_FOCUS_DISTANCE);
        Float hyperfocal = characteristics.get(CameraCharacteristics.LENS_INFO_HYPERFOCAL_DISTANCE);

if (minimumfocus == null && hyperfocal == null) {
            return null;
        }

minimumfocus = (minimumfocus == null) ? 0.0f : minimumfocus;
        hyperfocal = (hyperfocal == null) ? 0.0f : hyperfocal;

if (minimumfocus > hyperfocal) {
            return hyperfocal;
        }

return minimumfocus;

Thank you. It is hard to tell a difference for me - but sometimes Pixel2Mod seems a little better than this test. Will wait for others feedback. :highfive:

Will008

May 8, 2014
Thanks for the great time and effort being put into this.

I have a question, I know the OP6 stock camera colors and true to life and all that which is good except that I've always thought skin colors look very pale in comparison to the Nexus 6P and the pixel. Is there a was we can have a setting that adjusts just that, cause when I increase highlight saturation all colors saturate plus I start to get a slight tint.

It would be like the skin tone settings Google photos has in the colors settings menu.

x111

Jul 3, 2009
GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.1.apk
and
fixed_purple_tint_GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2.apk
both have very slow autofocus compare to stock oneplus camera.

txx1219

Jan 29, 2011
@cstark27, this version, I replace focus distance calibration which is set on APPROXIMATE by Hyperfocal distance, the focus is better, yet to improve.
I name them 1.2.1
1.1 @defcomg fix
1.2 black level fix
1.2.1 Test focus

OP6-1.2.1-GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2.apk

Code I wanted to add, but does not work ( FC )
Code:
        Float minimumfocus = characteristics.get(CameraCharacteristics.LENS_INFO_MINIMUM_FOCUS_DISTANCE);
        Float hyperfocal = characteristics.get(CameraCharacteristics.LENS_INFO_HYPERFOCAL_DISTANCE);

if (minimumfocus == null && hyperfocal == null) {
            return null;
        }

minimumfocus = (minimumfocus == null) ? 0.0f : minimumfocus;
        hyperfocal = (hyperfocal == null) ? 0.0f : hyperfocal;

return hyperfocal;
        }

return minimumfocus;

@Arnova8G2 Do have try to remove the red part below ?

Code:

[COLOR="Red"]if (minimumfocus == null && hyperfocal == null) {
            return null;
        }[/COLOR]

minimumfocus =[COLOR="SeaGreen"] (minimumfocus == null)[/COLOR] ? 0.0f : minimumfocus;
        hyperfocal = [COLOR="SeaGreen"](hyperfocal == null)[/COLOR] ? 0.0f : hyperfocal;

return hyperfocal;
        }

return minimumfocus;

Because you check after (the green part) if minimumfocus and hyperfocal are null to set a value by default (in this case 0.0f), it should be fine without the red part (which could cause a FC because of the return null and not a number like it could be if it's hyperfocal or minimumfocus.

Arnova8G2

Sep 22, 2012
@Arnova8G2 Do have try to remove the red part below ?

Code:

return null;
        }[/COLOR]

minimumfocus =[COLOR="SeaGreen"] (minimumfocus == null)[/COLOR] ? 0.0f : minimumfocus;
        hyperfocal = [COLOR="SeaGreen"](hyperfocal == null)[/COLOR] ? 0.0f : hyperfocal;

return hyperfocal;
        }

return minimumfocus;

Because you check after (the green part) if minimumfocus and hyperfocal are null to set a value by default (in this case 0.0f), it should be fine without the red part (which could cause a FC because of the return null and not a number like it could be if it's hyperfocal or minimumfocus.
Thank's, I had prepared to do this
Code:
           Int calibration = characteristics.get(CameraCharacteristics.LENS_INFO_FOCUS_DISTANCE_CALIBRATION);
        }[/COLOR]
to return the original code, but I put null to do the test.
I will redo the test by deleting the code in red

v4uluv2004

Jun 10, 2012
Calcutta
One thing I noticed that stock camera adds quiet a lot noise to the photos after updating to OOS 5.1.9 which makes photos look little washed out once you zoom.

1st stock. 2nd gcam

Attachments

• stock.jpg
    stock.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 1,090
  • gcam.jpg
    gcam.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 1,088
Last edited:

Critical Detox

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2010
Parts Unknown
Good evening everybody,

I must once again address this thread in the short time frame of only 1 week, This is the third time now, And numerous other unseen cleanups, This cannot continue any further.

I strongly urge everybody to remain on topic, Do not continue to derail this thread, Follow the rules, And the wishes to remain on topic via the OP to this very thread.

If you've forgotten the Rules here they are once more.

The constant offtopic leaves this development thread in a mess and dismay and that isn't what XDA is about, With XDA being a development driven forum these threads should be pertaining to said developments and not offtopic nonsense.

There are areas designated for off-topic discussions, please utilize them.

If you see something posted that's against the rules it's better to report it rather then engage it, We will handle it instead.

This will be my Final Notice on the matter as failure to comply from here on out will result in matters being handled on a member to member basis.

Thank you,
Critical Detox

chakfung2

Feb 1, 2015

Attachments

• IMG_20180724_094836.jpg
    IMG_20180724_094836.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 2,021
  • IMG_20180724_094846.jpg
    IMG_20180724_094846.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 1,994

Fade2

Nov 21, 2010
Brušperk
I love latest update. The tint is gone but sometimes shutter is not working so I have to switch to video mode and back to make it work again. Am I doing something wrong?

Arnova8G2

Sep 22, 2012
OP6_test_1.2.2_GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2.apk @cstark27, test focus

- I restore SENSOR_DYNAMIC_BLACK_LEVEL, Works well for night shots or in the dark if fix blacklevel is enabled.
- Fix shutter button greys out and locks.
- Improvement the focus is faster now, so I restore the original code for zoom. I am looking for a better one, because the code mentioned above does not work.

OP6_test_1.2.2_GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2.apk

Last edited:

tibcsi0407

Feb 4, 2013
Nyíregyháza

- I restore SENSOR_DYNAMIC_BLACK_LEVEL, Works well for night shots or in the dark if fix blacklevel is enabled.
- Fix shutter button greys out and locks.
- Improvement the focus is faster now, so I restore the original code for zoom. I am looking for a better one, because the code mentioned above does not work.

Works like charm! :)
Can you please include the setting of HDR+ quality? It would be nice to set it to super high manually if possible. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

v4uluv2004

Jun 10, 2012
Calcutta
Take one example if you have a ceiling fan and its running then simply open the gcam n tap on the fan and see if its able to focus. In my case it doesn't and keep on looking for focus. Occasionally it does work but most of the time it doesn't.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Works like charm! :)
Can you please include the setting of HDR+ quality? It would be nice to set it to super high manually if possible. :)

HDR+ Enhanced already present.

Last edited by a moderator:

tibcsi0407

Feb 4, 2013
Nyíregyháza
Take one example if you have a ceiling fan and its running then simply open the gcam n tap on the fan and see if its able to focus. In my case it doesn't and keep on looking for focus. Occasionally it does work but most of the time it doesn't.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

HDR+ Enhanced already present.

Yes, but in the old versions, and the version from @cstark27 you are able to set the quality of HDR+ Enhanced.
In lower light situations it can help a lot compared to the lowest settings.

Top Liked Posts