• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GCam] OnePlus 6 / 6T

Search This thread

Will008

May 8, 2014
A quick test of this version
This version is not stable, adding CameraCharacteristics from OnePlus : org.oneplus.camera2.parameters.enable_ZSLpostview, org.oneplus.camera2.parameters.enable_QUADRApostview, org.oneplus.camera2.parameters.enable_MCpostview.
QUADRApostview is used for Dual Pixel Autofocus
MCpostview is used for multi camera post view
The use of these settings are still unknown to me, they are just activate

OP6_test_1.2.2_GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2-Test-focus-3-no-stable.apk

The blur effect in the background is fast
- -
Edit: there is a beautiful depth effect

The depth effect is amazing even in low indoor lighting. This version is stable so far for me.

This wasn't replicated by stock cam in low indoor lighting, stock cam kept the background in focus and blurred the subject disregarding my tap to focus on the same subject.

Really great work man, thank you.

AcmE85

Jan 19, 2012
This version is not stable, adding CameraCharacteristics from OnePlus : org.oneplus.camera2.parameters.enable_ZSLpostview, org.oneplus.camera2.parameters.enable_QUADRApostview, org.oneplus.camera2.parameters.enable_MCpostview.

View attachment 4569455 - View attachment 4569454 - View attachment 4569456
Thank you!

So far no difference to the previous versions in terms of stability (it is stable so far).
Focus seems ever so slightly faster, but this could be my imagination. It also has its moments where it refocuses often, depending on the situation.

I'm not quite 100% sure yet, but it seems that viewfinder flickering is reduced on this one, more testing needed. @feeliumz you might give this one a try.

Shadows in high-contrast scenes are still too blue-greenish.

Last edited:

ossy1337

Jun 27, 2010
Aleppo

Thank you! I just tried a few other ones and Im currently using fixed_purple_tint_GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2.apk on OOS 5.1.9 andI have to say that this one is really really good in terms of low light performance, white balancing, showing details and color reproduction. Almost perfect for me. The auto focus is ok, could be better but also isn't worse than other versions. I'd highly recommend you guys to give it a shot if you haven't already

Arnova8G2

Sep 22, 2012
Thank you!

So far no difference to the previous versions in terms of stability (it is stable so far).
Focus seems ever so slightly faster, but this could be my imagination. It also has its moments where it refocuses often, depending on the situation.

I'm not quite 100% sure yet, but it seems that viewfinder flickering is reduced on this one, more testing needed. @feeliumz you might give this one a try.

Shadows in high-contrast scenes are still too blue-greenish.
did you do a test by decreasing shadow saturation ?

At the moment we have this with the focus

And what I want to get using Phase Detection Auto Focus

lutyjj

Nov 25, 2013
Wrocław
did you do a test by decreasing shadow saturation ?

At the moment we have this with the focus

And what I want to get using Phase Detection Auto Focus
Is it really possible to use secondary sensor for focusing purposes? Because our main sensor only has Contrast Detection, it's hardware limited. The only way to make focusing fast is to use secondary sensor which uses Phase Detection to focus, but capture with main camera.

Last edited:
G

GuestD0567

- -

How did you get that lens blur in there? Because the first photo seems impossible with the lens blur mode

aneesh12

Oct 17, 2017
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Poco F3
How did you get that lens blur in there? Because the first photo seems impossible with the lens blur mode
that's a normal macro shot

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Is it really possible to use secondary sensor for focusing purposes? Because our main sensor only has Contrast Detection, it's hardware limited. The only way to make focusing fast is to use secondary sensor which uses Phase Detection, but capture with main.
do you have amy source mentioning the same?

lutyjj

Nov 25, 2013
Wrocław

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180811-192015.jpg
    Screenshot_20180811-192015.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 974

lutyjj

Nov 25, 2013
Wrocław
Regarding theory about OnePlus using secondary sensor to focus: I've tested a bit both sensors comparing their focus mechanisms. Anyone can try by himself: use *#*1597#*#* to access camera debug mode. There you can test each module individually. For example, I've done my tests like this: use main sensor while covering with finger the second one. This way there's no way for second module to gather information, so we can see how fast is focusing with the only one main sensor. Then switch camera in app to secondary and cover the main sensor. Now you can test secondary module and it's focus. In my observations, they both focus with exactly the same speed in every scenario. So either secondary module uses CDAF too (or main uses PDAF) and OnePlus spreads wrong information about their AF systems, either difference between PDAF and CDAF is pretty much negligible and something wrong with gcam's focus itself.

Arnova8G2

Sep 22, 2012
In the logcat, the lib PDAF return info with gcam, I need to retrieve these info to add them to the focus of gcam.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Regarding theory about OnePlus using secondary sensor to focus: I've tested a bit both sensors comparing their focus mechanisms. Anyone can try by himself: use *#*1597#*#* to access camera debug mode. There you can test each module individually. For example, I've done my tests like this: use main sensor while covering with finger the second one. This way there's no way for second module to gather information, so we can see how fast is focusing with the only one main sensor. Then switch camera in app to secondary and cover the main sensor. Now you can test secondary module and it's focus. In my observations, they both focus with exactly the same speed in every scenario. So either secondary module uses CDAF too (or main uses PDAF) and OnePlus spreads wrong information about their AF systems, either difference between PDAF and CDAF is pretty much negligible and something wrong with gcam's focus itself.
*#*#1597#*#* I have this code that works for Camera Debug
To use camera 2 use the front camera and return to back camera 2 will activate in mod Debug
to use camera 0 and camera 2 select portrait

In this video, the focus works well, but it also search, gcam bugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: osm0sis and somebob

txx1219

Jan 29, 2011
In the logcat, the lib PDAF return info with gcam, I need to retrieve these info to add them to the focus of gcam.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

*#*#1597#*#* I have this code that works for Camera Debug
To use camera 2 use the front camera and return to back camera 2 will activate in mod Debug
to use camera 0 and camera 2 select portrait

In this video, the focus works well, but it also search, gcam bugs.

I'm currently reviewing the code of Oneplus camera app. They use Camera2 API now for the Oneplus 6. Let me know if you need some understanding on how they trigger focus, etc... It would be a pleasure.

Arnova8G2

Sep 22, 2012
I'm currently reviewing the code of Oneplus camera app. They use Camera2 API now for the Oneplus 6. Let me know if you need some understanding on how they trigger focus, etc... It would be a pleasure.
Thanks @ txx1219, that would be great, because I add codes in OnePlusKeys.smali but it does not work all.
If I can send you a version or I have added PropertyKey.smali, PropertySource.smali from OnePlus.
Any query with CaptureRequest I activate them in itn.smali
You have more knowledge with your version.

yjmp14

Jan 31, 2012
Hi, I use 'defcomg-fix_OP6v0.3_MGC_5.1.018_FINAL_3.4A.apk' on Xiaomi MIX 2S, and I found the saturation of all the pictures are vary low, I have to use Snapseed to adjust saturation to +100% to get a normal color photo. Is there anyway can fix this issue?

tibcsi0407

Feb 4, 2013
Nyíregyháza
Hi, I use 'defcomg-fix_OP6v0.3_MGC_5.1.018_FINAL_3.4A.apk' on Xiaomi MIX 2S, and I found the saturation of all the pictures are vary low, I have to use Snapseed to adjust saturation to +100% to get a normal color photo. Is there anyway can fix this issue?

Please do not make offtopic here..
There is a Gcam topic on Mix 2S forums.

Last edited:

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Huawei Mate 9
I also like the color reproduction of this version the best but I have pink or green tints in lowlight or high contrast scenes. Remove tints in settings doesnt work somehow. Do you have a solution for that? Otherwise its the best version for me so far

There's an ever so slight pink hue to low light photos but it's so miniscule and the quality is so good it makes me deal with the bugs and not use the OOS camera that much. It seems like HDR works the best in this version. Also the quality seemed to be best for me when running Franken ROM. I'm on Havoc now it doesn't seem to be as good quality. Now that there is a new update for Havoc I'm gonna flash it and see if the Gcam is better.

Last edited:
Reactions: ossy1337

ossy1337

Jun 27, 2010
Aleppo
Bringing hand in the camera view shift colours drastically.

I don't think its a drasticle shift in color. Is there a chance you are drunk?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

There's an ever so slight pink hue to low light photos but it's so miniscule and the quality is so good it makes me deal with the bugs and not use the OOS camera that much. It seems like HDR works the best in this version. Also the quality seemed to be best for me when running Franken ROM. I'm on Havoc now it doesn't seem to be as good quality. Now that there is a new update for Havoc I'm gonna flash it and see if the Gcam is better.

I'm on stock rom atm. Can you recommend flashing a costum rom for better camera quality? I think I read something about Gcam being better on Android Pie beta but not sure...

Reactions: alexferdean

purnenduraj234

Nov 11, 2013
new delhi

- -
Sir ,why m facing random force closes of my stock camera and gcam both after installing this version..??
Infact i uninstalled that version but still random force closes in stock app ,
So thn i thought should i try 1.2.2 test 1 focus but still random force closes going on,
Why this is happening..??

Last edited:

yashpatel99

Aug 24, 2017
I don't think its a drasticle shift in color. Is there a chance you are drunk?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

I'm on stock rom atm. Can you recommend flashing a costum rom for better camera quality? I think I read something about Gcam being better on Android Pie beta but not sure...

Agreed but it is there, that's the point.

itsmohsink

Apr 30, 2017

View attachment 4569455 - View attachment 4569454 - View attachment 4569456

Very impressive mate kudos to your efforts hope you will manage to make 'portrait mode' work soon, thanks again :good:

Top Liked Posts