[GCam] OnePlus 6 / 6T

Search This thread

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Using 6.2 too, but sometimes the photos from the front camera are not saved.
Is this a known bug?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: goRt

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
Thank you for clarification. So v6. 2 is all fine & good? How's the picture quality as compared to beta19?

Moreover, what about that 4mpix thingy for front came? Is it affecting the picture quality or something?

Just installed 6.2 Final based on the recommendations here and altho the back camera pictures turn out really good, the selfie camera pics are just broken. Totally yellow hue and out of focus. If you are into taking selfie pics or using the front camera for video, I would stay away until this is fixed.

aolatac

Aug 27, 2019
I am using the latest version of Gcam on my OP7. In the front camera, without HDR+, the image being saved is at 2MP despite the 4MP on the settings. While wheb HDR+ is on, the photo taken using the front cam is saved at 4MP.

Sagarthukral

Apr 20, 2016
Night sight?

Hey @MetalSir what about night sight?
I tried this but night sight in this version is not as good as beta 19 with the night sight XML (back camera Pixel XL).
I tried changing the back camera to Pixel XL in Arnova 6. 2 version and it gave great night sight pictures. If we keep this setting does it affect the day time picture quality in your view?
I've been following your comments since the start and your view really matters :)

Yes, Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final Is the way to go (for me). Quality is the same. Beta19 with Marian's XML is a bit more crispy but on the human skin is maybe way too much. 6.2 is way better on skin.

Front camera is always been 4mpx due to op6 api limitations. All the versions out there have this problem. This said: 4mpx from gcam are so much better than stock that any comparison is just impossible.
For the ones remembering "that" arnova's 6.1 gcam with front camera resolution at 12mpx: the images where acquired at 4mpx and then oversampled via software. This means same quelity but bigger files.

Reactions: MetalSir

MetalSir

Oct 25, 2018
Italy
Hey @MetalSir what about night sight?
I tried this but night sight in this version is not as good as beta 19 with the night sight XML (back camera Pixel XL).
I tried changing the back camera to Pixel XL in Arnova 6. 2 version and it gave great night sight pictures. If we keep this setting does it affect the day time picture quality in your view?
I've been following your comments since the start and your view really matters :)
Hey, tks a lot I appreciate that!
Both night sights are similar to me. I used to shoot the same photo with both but now I'm just using arnova's. Beta19 still installed but just "in case".. focus issue still persist in both versions. You gotta have patience to take a good focused image.

Reactions: Sagarthukral

onliner

Oct 29, 2016
Op6T android P version 9.0.16. tried several Gcams but portrait mode shows distorted colours (green). Can anyone please give me a link to a stable Gcam in which both portrait mode works for back and front camera?

Change the front camera model to Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P (In my device 6P works fine).

Aj081

Sep 10, 2019
Hello. I'm having the issue on gcam 6.2 final APK portrait mode. It's not being save.

Yes, Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final Is the way to go (for me). Quality is the same. Beta19 with Marian's XML is a bit more crispy but on the human skin is maybe way too much. 6.2 is way better on skin.

Front camera is always been 4mpx due to op6 api limitations. All the versions out there have this problem. This said: 4mpx from gcam are so much better than stock that any comparison is just impossible.
For the ones remembering "that" arnova's 6.1 gcam with front camera resolution at 12mpx: the images where acquired at 4mpx and then oversampled via software. This means same quelity but bigger files.

I'm having issue on oneplus 6t saving portrait mode. It's not being saved. Please help me

Terrigible

Jun 12, 2018
Singapore
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 11
Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final is refusing to work on my OnePlus 6. It just FCs every time I open it. What do I do?
EDIT: Holy **** I'm so retarded. I had a theme that I didn't update.

Last edited:

NeoNecOP6

May 22, 2018
OnePlus 6
Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final is refusing to work on my OnePlus 6. It just FCs every time I open it. What do I do?

I had some Problems with the Version too. Deinstall Google photos or Look for a Update. Delete Cache from Photos and gcam. Deinstall gcam and restart your Phone.

For the Front cam i need to use p6. All Pixel models dont work. Every picture is Green, even with Green fix on.

Even libs get loaded.

dnnsmrnd

Sep 1, 2015
Can someone share the settings for Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final that works for 6T. Im having a hard time configuring it.

I believe it may surpass beta19 with the correct configurations

puma99dk|

Jun 13, 2012
Can someone share the settings for Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final that works for 6T. Im having a hard time configuring it.

I believe it may surpass beta19 with the correct configurations

If you already have the Gcam installed go to More-->Settings--> scroll down to About and tap it then you can click on Check for updates and you will be redirected to the website: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/developers/

There you can download the apk you are searching for.

But here is a direct link to the apk file: Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final.apk

When I just read it was avaliable I just looked around in the Gcam app I had version 6.2.024 been using that using that since the 24th of April and version 6.1.021 almost every since I had my 6T Thunder Purple version back in Febuary.

cheetahkin

Sep 14, 2019
Hey! So most things with the OnePlus 6 Google Camera apk work great. Selfies are amazingly crisp and very reminiscent of my Pixel 2 XL (except the OnePlus has 8GB RAM, 256GB storage, dual sim, headphone jack, face unlock). Only issue atm is that the Portrait selfie mode makes the apk crash. Just so you're aware

wollah_91

Dec 9, 2014
Hi, i see that the latest release is posted on Dec 20, 2018 (MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_1.2_Final).
Is this thread still being updated with new releases of gcam? thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Hi, i see that the latest release is posted on Dec 20, 2018 (MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_1.2_Final).

Reactions: jayfizze

Beso

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Looks like no new version will be released :(

Top Liked Posts