General Gcam or OP software

Search This thread

zymphad

Jul 17, 2013
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
BSG. https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl11/
ENG version, I honestly don't know what the variants are, just went with ENG.
Snap I think is for SnapDragon.

For some reason Arnova's release isn't working for me even though he's tested his with 8/8T/8 Pro. BSG's release seems to be working fine.

Seems to be switching to the wide angle camera properly.

Not sure if full extent since the file size and resolutions are the same between both Gcam and stock cam app.

But it seems the Gcam is faster and thinking I prefer it's pictures.

Due write your impression of the Gcam vs stock camera.

Last edited:

NotTheGiant

Apr 2, 2021
Hmmm...I'm getting pretty much the same results from this one and the stock one in my limited indoor test. Maybe better portrait mode on Gcam?
The shutter is definitely faster on Gcam.

zymphad

Jul 17, 2013
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The color baa
Hmmm...I'm getting pretty much the same results from this one and the stock one in my limited indoor test. Maybe better portrait mode on Gcam?
The shutter is definitely faster on Gcam.

Color balance looks the same?

I'm starting to think the Hasselblad natural color was only for the Pro, the 9 didn't get it.

The color shift from main to wide on Gcam is the same as stock. Whereas test photos I've seen from reviews on the Pro, the color shift is less.

I think the Hasselblad branding on the 9 is a scam. It wasn't applied by default. If you use Pro mode, can see change in color, I don't know if that is Hasselblad natural color or that is just one more instance of OnePlus fail with their colors. I did notice on Pro, I don't think I can use the wide camera in Pro mode.

May just let Google do their thing.

Last edited:

fraughtsigewulf

Nov 11, 2012
Los Angeles
OnePlus 9
I'm sticking with GCam. The stock cam washed out some of my pictures and then, in direct sunlight, it darkened and over sharpened.
I'm using the 7.3 Wichiya GCam and xml.
A little dark but clearer in low light.
In good light, it's outstanding compared to oneplus 9 stock software.

MoHed

Dec 11, 2009
The Web
I'm sticking with GCam. The stock cam washed out some of my pictures and then, in direct sunlight, it darkened and over sharpened.
I'm using the 7.3 Wichiya GCam and xml.
A little dark but clearer in low light.
In good light, it's outstanding compared to oneplus 9 stock software.
Hi
What xml do you recommend ?

NotTheGiant

Apr 2, 2021
The color baa

I'm starting to think the Hasselblad natural color was only for the Pro, the 9 didn't get it.

The color shift from main to wide on Gcam is the same as stock. Whereas test photos I've seen from reviews on the Pro, the color shift is less.

I think the Hasselblad branding on the 9 is a scam. It wasn't applied by default. If you use Pro mode, can see change in color, I don't know if that is Hasselblad natural color or that is just one more instance of OnePlus fail with their colors. I did notice on Pro, I don't think I can use the wide camera in Pro mode.

Sorry it took me a while to reply, I had to work the whole weekend and didn't have time to play with it. I was wrong, I can see the difference now. It looks like by default, the stock photos are a bit more vibrant than Gcam.

Gcam is a closer representation of what I see IRL. OP9 stock adds some color, kinda like what Samsung does I feel.

Here are some examples:
Gcam:
Gcambread.jpgGcamcontroller.jpgGcamhoop.jpg

OP9stock:
OP9stockBread.jpgOP9stockcontroller.jpgOP9stockhoop.jpg

Reactions: MoHed and zymphad

Leo Choi

Dec 8, 2013
I am using BSG version. Shadow captured in GCAM is far better than the stock cam. Is there a way to take the photo in a higher resolution instead of 4096x3072?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    What xml do you recommend ?
    nrG 🤖 Wichaya 7.3.018_v3.1.1
    The color baa

Sorry it took me a while to reply, I had to work the whole weekend and didn't have time to play with it. I was wrong, I can see the difference now. It looks like by default, the stock photos are a bit more vibrant than Gcam.

Gcam is a closer representation of what I see IRL. OP9 stock adds some color, kinda like what Samsung does I feel.

Here are some examples:
    Gcam:
    Gcambread.jpgGcamcontroller.jpgGcamhoop.jpg

OP9stock:
    OP9stockBread.jpgOP9stockcontroller.jpgOP9stockhoop.jpg
    Hey,

I think Gcam still takes better photos on OP9 than the stock software.

Seems to me working with google to create better software would have bee better than Hasselblad nonsense.
    nrG 🤖 Wichaya 7.3.018_v3.1.1