Question gcam port

Search This thread
Hi,
I did test of both gcams, nikita version is doing way better photos in low lights - I used same setting, 100% jpg compression quality etc...

See crops from big photo, my old Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s is used as reference because its doing best photos, even its 3 years old...
I was just saying that the BSG has more working video options by default (e.g. 4k). I never compared the two for photos. The only thing I compared were photos from Nikita and Samsung's app in low light (Nikita wins hands down) and in bright sunlight (where Samsung's was more color accurate and has just a bit more detail).

Your info is good to know, though. Hopefully as more people start using the phone and the GCam apps are optimised for it the photo quality will improve. It is still very soon to tell.

stillka

Mar 9, 2008
Presov
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I was just saying that the BSG has more working video options by default (e.g. 4k). I never compared the two for photos. The only thing I compared were photos from Nikita and Samsung's app in low light (Nikita wins hands down) and in bright sunlight (where Samsung's was more color accurate and has just a bit more detail).

Your info is good to know, though. Hopefully as more people start using the phone and the GCam apps are optimised for it the photo quality will improve. It is still very soon to tell.
I added Samsung default camera photo to the comparison...

Reactions: Moa1480
that's possible but it make no sense to me, as google cam is preserving more data thanks to better HDR and lower jpeg compression, I make some test tomorrow on bright light, I am not arguing just wondering how its possible :)
The detail level was basically the same. The big difference was the color processing. Colors in the Samsung app were more true-to-life.

phoberus

• Oct 21, 2013
    Actually I meant "why the last APK in the BSG list?", you know, from these:
    View attachment 5281129
    Only some package names can use all the cameras and features. Every brand and on every phone it's different. That's why they release the apks with different package names. I don't know which names do work on the A52, but I took this one, because it works on other Samsung phones with Android 11 too.

Reactions: ImGonnaTryScience

phoberus

• Oct 21, 2013
    @ImGonnaTryScience @stillka @vanhungitls92
    To get everything out of the gcam mods, we need to do a little trial and error of the many settings and test them in as many conditions as possible. As I wrote in the last post, you can now save and load configs. So we can experiment and send us the settings. I have here a version that worked best in my test environment. But there are many other possible settings. Some notes about the changes: SlibP Custom lib, some settings in "Additional modules settings" (much more to try out there, that's the main place to play around), activated instantaneous hdr+ enhanced (hdr+ enhanced but without loading time, but viewfinder lags a little bit while rendering the final image because of the phone's performance.
    Location to place config file: \Download\MGC.8.1.101_Configs
    Used Gcam version: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl16/

Attachments

• phoberus_v1.xml
      7.8 KB · Views: 32
    Reactions: stillka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I added Samsung default camera photo to the comparison...
      Actually I meant "why the last APK in the BSG list?", you know, from these:
      View attachment 5281129
      Only some package names can use all the cameras and features. Every brand and on every phone it's different. That's why they release the apks with different package names. I don't know which names do work on the A52, but I took this one, because it works on other Samsung phones with Android 11 too.
      @ImGonnaTryScience @stillka @vanhungitls92
      To get everything out of the gcam mods, we need to do a little trial and error of the many settings and test them in as many conditions as possible. As I wrote in the last post, you can now save and load configs. So we can experiment and send us the settings. I have here a version that worked best in my test environment. But there are many other possible settings. Some notes about the changes: SlibP Custom lib, some settings in "Additional modules settings" (much more to try out there, that's the main place to play around), activated instantaneous hdr+ enhanced (hdr+ enhanced but without loading time, but viewfinder lags a little bit while rendering the final image because of the phone's performance.
      Location to place config file: \Download\MGC.8.1.101_Configs
      Used Gcam version: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl16/
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone