Themes / Apps / Mods GCam ports discussion

Search This thread

OldNoobOne

of course I did, that didn't help with the Gallery option. This must be ROM specific as discussed earlier in this thread. the other stuff, that face retouch doesnt work etc, is the problem of gcam config and/or missing librarys for the camera.

anyone?
If you have root then maybe you could try converting the 3rd-party gallery app into a system-app using Titanium Backup PRO then immediately reconverting the gallery app back to User-app from TBPro. In one of my old devices it had worked, not sure about new devices though.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
Is slow motion stable? For me 7 out of 10 times gcam force closes when i click record. Not a complaint, just an observation :)
I have tried slow motion several times and never encountered any problems. Are you on the latest crDroid, or on another ROM? I know that version 8.1 has problems.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
Preset lenses have now stopped working in GCAM.
I went through the settings and managed to get them working again.
So here is the new configuration file for GCAM Greatnes version 7.3.018 (GCAM can be found in previous posts):

Attachments

• RN10_7.3.018_2.xml
    19.4 KB · Views: 548

OldNoobOne

Is slow motion stable? For me 7 out of 10 times gcam force closes when i click record. Not a complaint, just an observation :)
All GCams are working fine on my RN10 after flashing gapps, I noticed that GCams didnt work (except GCam-Go = basic GCam) when theres no play services/gapps on the device. Probably G-services need to be updated to latest in order to run GCams well.
--------------------------------------------------------------- F . Y . I ----------------------------------------------------------------
Also, search net for 'best alternatives to GCam' if you are on vanilla roms or gapps-less device.
I found FOSS Open Camera to be good in terms of picture quality & privacy ( Cmera2API, Wide-angle, 4k videos works ), but it doesnt work as well in darker conditions; GCAM is quite superior but needs updated Play Services & GSF most likely. There are couple of others like iOS13 camera app, Camera FV-5 app, Adobe Camera app & DSLR Pro app (Try download DSLR_Camera_Pro_v2.8.apk, its just 552Kb in size but picture quality is quite good, no video capture though ). There are some interesting night camera apps on net, try search 'NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY APPS IN 2021'.

Last edited:
Reactions: ictsz.roy

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
I installed NGCam_8.2.300-v1.6 with NGCam2.0-Redminote10.xml, it's working fine for my basic needs except it hangs when switching to front camera.
Changing to front camera zoom is set to 0.7x and it hangs but changing to 1x and then moving the slide to 0.7x works.

@StaryMuz I tried to check xml file but I'm lost, any idea how to fix it or any resource to understand what to change?
Thanks

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
I installed NGCam_8.2.300-v1.6 with NGCam2.0-Redminote10.xml, it's working fine for my basic needs except it hangs when switching to front camera.
Changing to front camera zoom is set to 0.7x and it hangs but changing to 1x and then moving the slide to 0.7x works.

@StaryMuz I tried to check xml file but I'm lost, any idea how to fix it or any resource to understand what to change?
Thanks
Try the attached XML file. It is built in Gcam Greatness 8.2.204.

Attachments

• SM_gc8.xml
    21.1 KB · Views: 39

Nik00laus

Aug 1, 2021
Here are my XML for "Gcam7.3.018_Greatness.Build2.3" inspired from @StaryMuz. The one for MIUI seems to have too much saturation.
You need to load the XML 2 times. Check if HDR+ Enhanced and AWB is ON. Check also if HDR+ Enhanced si set to low (7 pictures)

f.c_dj

Jun 10, 2019

Thanks

Disabling pixel binning in experimental settings solved the problem on the front camera for me. Give it a try

OldNoobOne

This one seems to be working well on shamshung & redmi recent models too
👉 [ GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850.apk ]
#NOTE: Only portrait mode not working on shamshung but sometimes working on redmi but portrait mode crashes too on redmi mostly, i tested with MicroG Standard package with NLP packages removed but still this GCam version worked sans portrait mode. I used CAOS GSI img. Thats even better than CrD IMAO :-/
I'm not sure if XDA allows us to post APK's then I can upload the GCAM Apk here too but you might find it on the net too.

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
Disabling pixel binning in experimental settings solved the problem on the front camera for me. Give it a try
Yes, after restarting the app that solves the problem. Thnaks!
I only adjusted the lenses.
I tried that config, front facing camera works without the problem I had and it also has the right labels 1x and 1.4x.
The buttons to use the other cameras are great but they do not work for me, both Wide and Macro crash.

Maybe it's related to ROM/Android version, I am using CrDroid 8.4 with Android 12.

Anyway thank you, I'll have a look and try to understand something from these config files.

dario-20

Dec 19, 2019
Poznań
So here is the new configuration file for GCAM Greatnes version 7.3.018 (GCAM can be found in previous posts):
Thank you very much! The only one gcam xml config working well for me Evolution X (Android 12), Redmi Note 10!!!!

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
Your config file works very satisfactorily. However, macro and wide cameras do not record.
The mistake is not that you can't record video through the macro lens, but that this lens option is also available for video. Video should only be properly recorded with the prime lens.

Itz Obj

Oct 17, 2016
Hello gurus
I'm running Crdroid 8.6 A12 on my Redmi Note 10 and I need a good gcam.
Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Face Retouch isn't working on gcam, so when I take selfies I see the pores on my face, does anyone have a solution to this?

Moisturise? :)
    I found and set the functional camera to select the lens.

Gcam7.3.018_Greatness.Build2.3.apk (camera)
    main[1].xml (my config file)

1) Install the camera. Uninstall the previous GCAM if you cannot install.
    2) Start the camera and go to the settings. Config>Save>"a" (SAVE).
    3) File main[1].xml copy to /sdcard/gcam/Configs7/
    4) Start the camera, double-click this place (photo below) select main file>RESTORE
    You get the settings, Wide, Main, Macro lens.
    Video works only in normal mode. Slow doesn't work.

EDIT: Only the video recording with sound does not work here due to a current kernel custom rom bug.

PHOTO
    i see, thought you were using a new xml for your gcam
    It's quite likely that I've changed something in my setup. So I offer my current settings for GCAM 7.3.
    I found and set the functional camera to select the lens.

Gcam7.3.018_Greatness.Build2.3.apk (camera)
    main[1].xml (my config file)

1) Install the camera. Uninstall the previous GCAM if you cannot install.
    2) Start the camera and go to the settings. Config>Save>"a" (SAVE).
    3) File main[1].xml copy to /sdcard/gcam/Configs7/
    4) Start the camera, double-click this place (photo below) select main file>RESTORE
    You get the settings, Wide, Main, Macro lens.
    Video works only in normal mode. Slow doesn't work.

PHOTO
    Awesome, just got this on mine and can confirm it works on nezuko rom, if anyone is curious. Thanks man.