• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

GCAM Support for Reno 10x Zoom.

Search This thread
Aug 2, 2020
Good afternoon, Pranab! I just bought an Oppo Reno 10x and I am loving it ... But, I would like to know if I can put it to PORTUGUESE FROM PORTUGAL OR BRAZIL, it is in English ... Could you or someone in the group help me?

moozer

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
Good afternoon, Pranab! I just bought an Oppo Reno 10x and I am loving it ... But, I would like to know if I can put it to PORTUGUESE FROM PORTUGAL OR BRAZIL, it is in English ... Could you or someone in the group help me?

You need to post questions in the correct forum.

Of course your device can be changed to your native language.

The Oppo Reno 10x zoom supports Portuguese language.

Go to:

Settings>>Language & Region

Change region to Portugal (even if you are in Brazil!!)

Change language to Portuguese.

Pemayozer

Nov 27, 2019
Working telephoto and wide angle with gcam

Just downloaded this latest version of gcam
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1311

And the config file for the one plus 7
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/configs-wichaya-02

Saved under a new folder Configs7 in the gcam folder and then u can use 5x and wide in gcam
Without any root

Can also take video with wide but 5x video not working.
Night sight works on 5x camera n makes a world of difference
Best is now we can get raw 5x and wide photos

Last edited:
Reactions: greenbat
Jan 10, 2017
Just downloaded this latest version of gcam
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1311

And the config file for the one plus 7
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/configs-wichaya-02

Saved under a new folder Configs7 in the gcam folder and then u can use 5x and wide in gcam
Without any root

Can also take video with wide but 5x video not working.
Night sight works on 5x camera n makes a world of difference
Best is now we can get raw 5x and wide photos

I have done the same. I got 3 buttons 0.6x,1x and 2x for zoom. But these buttons are behaving indifferently. If I click on 0.6x it Will zoom to 5x, 1x is normal and 2x is ultra wide one. I have tried all the 5 xmls shared under the one plus 7 sections. But I'm facing this issue. Could you please help.

Jan 10, 2017
The stock camera struggles to take low light photography with 5x zoom lens wide camera but with gcam port its magical..
The difference is completely day to night difference.

Download link
https://www.xda-developers.com/goog...camera-support-many-devices-without-root/amp/

I have done the same. I got 3 buttons 0.6x,1x and 2x for zoom. But these buttons are behaving indifferently. If I click on 0.6x it Will zoom to 5x, 1x is normal and 2x is ultra wide one. I have tried all the 5 xmls shared under the one plus 7 sections and the one under oppo Reno as well. But I'm facing this issue. Could you please help.

Ashish Bhatia

Mar 2, 2014
Delhi-NCR, India
I have done the same. I got 3 buttons 0.6x,1x and 2x for zoom. But these buttons are behaving indifferently. If I click on 0.6x it Will zoom to 5x, 1x is normal and 2x is ultra wide one. I have tried all the 5 xmls shared under the one plus 7 sections and the one under oppo Reno as well. But I'm facing this issue. Could you please help.

Sir, that thing doesn't matter to me..as all camera's are working and I only use gcam for night photography for daylight photography & videography..Oppo's stock camera performs very well.
Thanks

coc014

Oct 25, 2011

Go to gcam > advanced settings > experimental section and set "manual camera ID" and set main to 0, tele to 3 and wide to 2. Then go back and go to "set button aux name" and change 2x to 5x. (it's just for the appearance, doesn't affect the zoom)

And i found a way to record video, just keep the shutter button pressed while in zoom mode and it will record video. But the quality is ****ty so..

I think Gcam is better than stock for the periscope zoom (photo only, not video). I did a comparison and i preferred pictures coming out of Gcam HDR+ enhanced mode, even though they take longer to process.

Last edited:

sathish531

Sep 6, 2020
A Few other working modules of GCAM with Telephoto Lens Support

Hello Everyone,
Greetings. I have been extensively looking for better GCAM mods that can support Telephoto Lens without rooting, since a long time. However I have unlocked the boot loader through settings. Kudas to some of the GCAM mod developers who have finally found a breakthrough. Below is the list of GCAM modules (that I have installed and started testing on my phone)

1. GCAM mod by fu24
Download Page is
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1342/
Working file (for me)
Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02c7.2-dual.apk
Config file of Reno2F is available, which can be modified to use all the lens of Reno 10x.
OPPOReno2F.xml
I am attaching the screen images of the few settings to activate all the lens as below. '

However, I am struggling to find the right parameters to fix this processing HDR+ notification dialogue with never ending progress of blue bar.

2. GCAM mod by Greatness
Download Page is
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1346/
Working file (for me)
Gcam7.3.018_Greatness.Build2.1.1.apk
Config file of Reno10x is available, which may need few changes in settings.
damodaran-greatness.xml

3. Camstellar GCAM mod by Greatness
Download Page is
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1437/
Preconfigured for astro photography. Very good for a few night shots.

4. GCAM mod by Wichaya
Download Page is
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1348/
Working file (for me)
GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V2.8.1_200920.apk
Direct Config file of Reno10x is not available. Config file from v.2.7.3 might be useful, which may need few changes in settings.
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/configs-wichaya-02/
damodaran-wichaya.xml

5. GCAM mod by Urnyx05
Download Page is
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1348/
Working file (for me)
GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.3.apk
Configuration files are available as below.
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/configs-urnyx-02/
CPH1919.xml
@aryan-Reno10xZoom_Urnyx-1.9-v2.xml

Happy GCAM to all..!! :)

Last edited:

hen_dawg

Nov 3, 2010
Brisbane
Hello Everyone,
Greetings. I have been extensively looking for better GCAM mods that can support Telephoto Lens without rooting, since a long time. However I have unlocked the boot loader through settings. Kudas to some of the GCAM mod developers who have finally found a breakthrough. Below is the list of GCAM modules (that I have installed and started testing on my phone)

Thank you so much! Which of those should be the 1st to try out? Not too fussed about telephoto, just stability and IQ on main sensor

Ally153

Dec 26, 2007
Go to gcam > advanced settings > experimental section and set "manual camera ID" and set main to 0, tele to 3 and wide to 2. Then go back and go to "set button aux name" and change 2x to 5x. (it's just for the appearance, doesn't affect the zoom)

And i found a way to record video, just keep the shutter button pressed while in zoom mode and it will record video. But the quality is ****ty so..

I think Gcam is better than stock for the periscope zoom (photo only, not video). I did a comparison and i preferred pictures coming out of Gcam HDR+ enhanced mode, even though they take longer to process.

I tried to do this, but under the Experimental section I only see the Stream config settings - no UI to set the manual camera ID or set button aux name. :(

Nubiax189

Sep 28, 2021
I have tried some gcam ports (about 10 ports) and this one is the best one I've found so far.

GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk +​

Works with all 3 camera lenses. Astrophotography mode, video, HDR+.

To activate telephoto and wide lenses go to Settings ⇒ Advanced ⇒ Auxiliary camera ⇒ turn up "show buttons" "Telephoto" Wide"

To deal with the "low saturation" photos turn up the color levels at Settings. Go to: Menu (little arrow pointing down, at the top) ⇒ press the "gear" icon ⇒ Advanced ⇒ Lib patcher ⇒ Enable lib patcher ⇒ Back camera (or any lens you may want to tune up) ⇒ turn up Contrast and Saturation to your liking.

Issues I've found in this version:
-you can only record 4k video with the zoom lens. Other lenses record at 1080p. (4k option at Settings)
-video with the zoom lens seems to not be able to use digital/optical stabilization.

Maybe there are more issues, but I'm still happy with all the working functions.

PD: I'm using Android OS 10, Firmware CPH1919EX_11C.36

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-28-19-19-01-13_7635ae35ace62dfa1784e4afa62b1ba5.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-28-19-19-01-13_7635ae35ace62dfa1784e4afa62b1ba5.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts