[GCam] tigr's trCamera

Search This thread

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco F1
Just tested the Snapdragon 845 version on my Poco F1 stock MIUI 11.0.5 Android 9 and it is buggy, motion doesn't work, the text on screen doesn't disappear sometimes or it pop ups while it shouldn't, the photos have a tint on them, sometimes red, green or yellow, when going from one tab to another (for example, photo to night mode) it doesn't change properly and even if it does it may fail to show the camera feed, when starting the app for the first time it may or may not let me tap to allow permissions (sometimes it shows the alert and sometimes it shows it but it goes away but I can still tap it), even when clearing cache and data and restarting the app it has these and some other issues, none of them happening on Gcam ports 6 and 7 by San1ty, just giving the feedback in case you need it.
I have no such issues on MiRoom (MIUI Android 10.0 port). Check the FAQ, maybe try an older version; there are a tonne of things to try.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

mizzunet

Dec 14, 2015
Kariparambu
mizzunet.co.nf
Hey there, Crashing if HDR or HDR+ chose, on my OnePlus 5 having Front HDR Fix martial module installed. If this module disabled, no crashing issue, but rose overlay picture if HDR on, both front and back. I tried older version, but same result. Could check this?

chemengire

Jan 5, 2014
Hello ?,

Using tigr's trCamera_V1.2_HF GCam with the "Astrophotography Mode" option enabled within the GCam's Advanced Settings (screenshot attached) in a Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (running Havoc OS v3.1 Android 10), how does one take an astrophotography picture?

In other words, how do you get the Astrophotography controls to appear so as to take an astrophotography photograph?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200204-212752_trCamera.png
    Screenshot_20200204-212752_trCamera.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 789
Last edited:

angarato_surion

Feb 9, 2007
Greece,Serres
pariskoutsioukis.net
Hi installed the Google play services for AR. Also done everything the guide on unofficialy supported devices was asking. And the playground app doesn't open. Any ideas?
I have the Redmi Note 5 pro and trcamera 1.2 hf.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

dimdimdim

Oct 6, 2006
hey, guys!
thanks for the best mod!
trying to change libs' type or camera type.. - the default ones are all in pink
and getting always black screen in viewfinder
can't even switch back to the default one settings
only app data wipe helps
what am I doing wrong?

Here is my feedback from testing "trCamera_V4_Stay_Safe.apk."

(-) Near the bottom of the screen is a circle that says "0.6x," one that says "1x," and one that says "2x." The first two modes seemingly work fine, but if "2x" is selected, the app crashes. If you try to re-open the app, it will immediately crash with this error: "trCamera keeps stopping." The only way to overcome this fatal error is to stop the app and then clear its cache and storage.

(-) On the left side of the screen is a circle, and inside it is a picture of a wrench adjusting a gear. If you press this icon, the app crashes. If you try to re-open the app, the app will immediately crash with this error: "trCamera keeps stopping." The only way to overcome this fatal error is to stop the app and then clear its cache and storage.

(-) The app is missing Lens Blur mode.

(+) This is the first Gcam port I've used that has Night Sight mode (which works perfectly).

(+) This app has Panorama Mode.

(+) This is the only Gcam port I've tested that actually saves location / coordinates to photos. I did not have any problems getting any camera apps (including the stock camera) to save these details when my phone was running Android 9.

Here is information about my phone:

Hardware: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, model X00TDB (the 4 GB global variant of the phone)

Operating System: Android 10 (Custom ROM: QQ2A.200405.005
PixelExperience_Plus_X00TD-10.0-20200409-1424-OFFICIAL)

lombartz

Feb 11, 2013
Testing on LG V30 Stock Pie

This Camera runs very good in this device. All Cameras are working and woth some tunig i get very vibrant pictures with good dynamic range. Best GCam from all I have tested on this phone so far.

I found two issues i don't think they are phone specific:
- hevc encoding doesn't work, clips are always avc
- taking videos with wide angle lens isn't possible, the app swithes back to main lens

Both work with other GCams.

Many thanks for your work ...

Last edited:

tonibm19

Mar 16, 2014
Thanks for your work.

Your camera is the only one that allows macro photos on Realme 5 Pro, but it doesn't allow wide angle camera, and others do.

I wonder if you could try to fix the wide angle camera so Realme 5 Pro users have a working gcam with all auxiliary cameras.

I know anything about gcam mod developing but if I can help you with something tell me.

Thanks.

pajos.gabros

Aug 28, 2016
Uherske Hradiste
Hi,
Having troubles with touch metering & exposure correction.
When I open camera app, I touch to place, which I want to focus and take a picture.
Later, when I checked Exposure bias (win 10: right mouse button > properties > details) it's been set to -0.3; -0.7 etc...
But in Gcam port is set EV to -0.4.
Why is used another EV than it´s set?

Pitada72

May 19, 2020
Hi,
Thanks for your work.
Has a Nokia 7 plus, I find your mod one of the best for my phone.
One of the problems in all mods it's the slow motion crash.
You managed to make it work.
Can you also force for high profile the h. 264 stream video compression on slow motion?
I think it's the only fix that needs for get a fluid slow motion image.
If I'm wrong, let me know...
Thanks in advance and nice greetings.

HDR+

Aug 16, 2017
Testing on MIDO SD625

Update from tigr: GCam
- trCamera_V6.apk (2020-06-02, configs, changelog)

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (MIDO SD625) running AOSiP with Samsung sensor.
After testing the fallowing Gcam mods, I tuned trCamera_V5 with config attached.
Config attached is for color correct, great noise control, and detail kept for daily photo taken.
Although only basic video function works, and front camera tint, trCamera_V5 still the best.
trCamera_V5 sometimes crashed during the process of high contrast scene, especially with manually focus/exposure screen touching.
Please let me know, if you can optimized the config more stable, thank you.
--
GCam_5beta8.200125.0050build-7.2.018
GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v2.3
MGC_7.3.018_Parrot043-v1
MGC_7.2.014_Parrot043-v3
DMGC_7.2.018_ver.3.15
PixelCam_7.3_V2.0
HyperCam Raizen
trCamera_V6
trCamera_V5

Attachments

• trCamera_V5.mido.SD625.SamsungSensor.200624.Q4X.xml
    12.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

j4yd3n

Sep 29, 2014
Baguio City
This Camera runs very good in this device. All Cameras are working and woth some tunig i get very vibrant pictures with good dynamic range. Best GCam from all I have tested on this phone so far.

I found two issues i don't think they are phone specific:
- hevc encoding doesn't work, clips are always avc
- taking videos with wide angle lens isn't possible, the app swithes back to main lens

Both work with other GCams.

Many thanks for your work ...

I have the same device, and currently testing V6. Not sure if you've tried it already as well, but for some reason Nigh Sight is not saving the images. I couldn't figure out what's wrong. Though It works perfectly in good lighting conditions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    google-camera.png

Google Camera Port
    by tigr (4PDA user)

tigr releases a modded Google Camera app, but is only active on 4PDA, a russian speaking forum similar to XDA. He asked me to create a thread here, so everyone is able to discuss it in english.

Downloads:
    - celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-tigr/

Device support:
    Known to work on:

Xiaomi
    - Redmi 5
    - Redmi Note 5
    - Redmi Note 6 Pro
    - Redmi Note 7
    - Pocophone F1
    - Mi A1
    - Mi A2
    - Mi A3
    - Redmi K20
    - Redmi K20 Pro
    - Mi Mix 2S
    - Mi A2 Lite
    OnePlus
    - OnePlus 7
    - OnePlus 7 Pro
    - OnePlus 6T
    ASUS
    - Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
    - Asus ZenFone 5Z
    Nokia
    - Nokia 7 Plus
    Vivo
    - Vivo Y91

If you have a different device, feel free to test if it works or not. Keep in mind that:

- The camera2 api needs to be enabled;
    - Your phone needs a modern Snapdragon SoCs running 64bit ROMs;
    - Doesn't work on phones without RAW support (eg: some Sony devices);
    - Newer versions may work only on new Android versions. Old versions might be better for old Android versions;

Known issues:
    - Slow motion is broken on some phones and Android versions;
    - Some devices have issues with their front cameras (eg: OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T). You might have to install a fix (if available for your phone) or disable HDR+ on the front camera (setting only available on some apks);
    - Features on new Google Camera versions may take some time to be ported;

If you have a question, check the generic FAQs and troubleshooting page were you can fine answers for common questions.

ARCore and Playground:
    - celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/ar/

Donations:
    If you want to say "thanks" to tigr, use his donation link:
    - paypal.me/DonatesPage
    Is it support Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2?
    Try it and see if it works.
    works like a charm but it would be nice to mention that going into setting after opening the app for first time removes the pink tint.

i removed the app twice because of not knowing it:mad:
    I have a rooted Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 with the latest Pixel Experience custom ROM.

I installed trCamera_V4_Stay_Safe, and as soon as I open the app, I get this error: "trCamera keeps stopping."
    Can anyone please check if focus lock is working - any device.

1. Tap screen to focus on something far away.
    2. Tap focus lock. Keep camera pointing on the focused object far away.
    3. Put hand in front of object and check if it will focus on hand. Yes/No?
    - If no, then done. It works for you.
    - If yes (the focus did change to your hand) then:
    4. Tap again to focus on distant object.
    5. Tap Focus lock.
    6. Check if you can get focus on hand. Yes/No?
    If yes, then it doesn't work at all.
    If no (focus is locked at distance) then it works as mine. It takes two "tap+lock"s to get a successful lock.

Thanks

Mine locks instantly.