GCAM Working with Snapdragon S10/Note10/S20/Note20 Telephoto

Search This thread

Rauchinator

May 24, 2014
Works perfectly fine on s20 fe 5g sm-781b stock with all lenses, including tele and front cam.

Wichaya + the attached xml works fine after applying, but needs a little more tweaking because not all lenses here are the same as on the regular s20 series, but it's a pretty good starting point.

Reactions: tombbb

devuteria

Sep 6, 2015
Burial's Gcam seems to crash on startup at my snapdragon one ui 2.5 note 20,
but Wichaya's Gcam is working flawlessly.

It's sad to lose 4K tele video,
but i'm still satisfied that I can use Google camera on my Galaxy :)
thanks buddy

Reactions: matale0

matale0

Jun 2, 2012
Burial's Gcam seems to crash on startup at my snapdragon one ui 2.5 note 20,
but Wichaya's Gcam is working flawlessly.

It's sad to lose 4K tele video,
but i'm still satisfied that I can use Google camera on my Galaxy :)
thanks buddy

Burial crashes on Exynos, Android 11 S20 Ultra
*UPDATE*
Burial's latest GCam_7.3_Burial_release_beta_10 also works with 4k video using telephoto with the renamed package from the info from KosBeg
. I renamed it myself to something different from Wichaya's so Burial and Wichaya's can be installed at the same time. I have attached the renamed Burial to this post along with the XML for telephoto.

Thanks to KosBeg, we now know that these specific package names are whitelisted by Samsung to be able to use the telephoto camera:
com.sec.android.app.camera
com.sec.factory.camera
com.sec.android.app.camera.shootingmode.social
com.sec.factory.cameralyzer
com.samsung.android.bio.face.service
com.samsung.android.biometrics.service
com.samsung.android.server.iris
com.samsung.android.aremoji
com.samsung.android.ruler
com.samsung.android.scan3d

Confirmed all 3 rear cameras working with the S10/Note 10 series and S20/Note 20 series, front camera won't with OneUI 2.5+ unless you have S10 Lite or S20 FE.

Wichaya has also modified his GCAM for Samsung telephoto. Download the updated XML Wichaya file attached and the Samsung APK version from here: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1501/

Zoran's ZGCAM works best for Exynos phones. His latest will allow telephoto on Exynos Galaxy phones. Links to the latest gcam is here: https://koopahtmaniac.com/getLatest.php . You can load the ZGCAM XML file I attached to use the 4x zoom.

Stock camera has improved greatly, but when it comes to zooming into the picture, stock cam's processing still does terribly with fine detail and edge smoothing. In my attached picture, the top is stock cam and bottom is gcam at 100% crop.

steps to apply XML to GCAM: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/

Burial crashes on Exynos, Android 11 S20 Ultra, One UI 3.0

OP, can you sare previous version it was working on my phone, Burial crashes on start.

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Burial crashes on Exynos, Android 11 S20 Ultra

Burial crashes on Exynos, Android 11 S20 Ultra, One UI 3.0

OP, can you sare previous version it was working on my phone, Burial crashes on start.

Yeah it would appear Burial doesn't have the OneUI crash fix (I didn't notice because I never updated from 2.1 lol). Which previous version are you referring to? My OP still has Wichaya and ZGCam links and their XMLs. Since you're on Exynos, only ZGCam works for you right?

erostiff

Oct 19, 2006
Works perfectly fine on s20 fe 5g sm-781b stock with all lenses, including tele and front cam.

Wichaya + the attached xml works fine after applying, but needs a little more tweaking because not all lenses here are the same as on the regular s20 series, but it's a pretty good starting point.
i'm not an expert at tweaking myself, do you have an updated xml file for the s20 fe 5G (Snapdragon) that performs well?

Applemilk25

Dec 30, 2020
Any idea why the raw files from rear cameras are only 672x504 they say 10mb but there are really low res. what am I missing?

synapsesburned

Jun 11, 2010
Any idea why the raw files from rear cameras are only 672x504 they say 10mb but there are really low res. what am I missing?

Android gallery apps typically only display a low res preview / thumbnail image that's generated to go with the dng file. It's showing the resolution info for that image, rather than the raw file itself. If you open the file in raw photo editing software like Lightroom, the resolution will be correct.

Last edited:

Krautzi

Jan 12, 2021
Sorry been a lurker for years and always been a samsung fan boy but after the s10+ went to in house clones of sony **** its been all down hill. I have an s20 ultra snapdragon UI 3.0 and so far the posted version here are the only ok ones. Who do I have to pay to get this **** working correctly though? Like damn why is it so hard to get gcam that works......F_U _ Samsung! My old s10 plus still spanks in the camera area damit!

thenext1

May 21, 2006
I've been using this gcam for a few days and I am happy with it, quality is miles ahead standard camera.
Just a minor niggle: the zoom camera (telephoto) does autofocus just once when started. It should auto focus every time phone is rotated or panned, instead it does only once, you must touch to focus afterwards. I forget this and my photos taken with the tele camera are all off focus. The main camera works fine in this respect.

Also a curiosity, as it's about a few years I don't use gcam (last time was with a LG G6): can we set the jpeg compression quality somewhere, ui or xml? I find that the files produced are a bit heavy at 6 to 10 mb for a 16 mp photo.

thank you

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
I've been using this gcam for a few days and I am happy with it, quality is miles ahead standard camera.
Just a minor niggle: the zoom camera (telephoto) does autofocus just once when started. It should auto focus every time phone is rotated or panned, instead it does only once, you must touch to focus afterwards. I forget this and my photos taken with the tele camera are all off focus. The main camera works fine in this respect.

Also a curiosity, as it's about a few years I don't use gcam (last time was with a LG G6): can we set the jpeg compression quality somewhere, ui or xml? I find that the files produced are a bit heavy at 6 to 10 mb for a 16 mp photo.

thank you

Try to turn on focus tracking to see if it helps. Focus tracking doesn't work on my S20 Ultra so I have it disabled in the XML. Also I didn't realize but you're right, I don't see the setting for jpg quality in Wichaya's gcam. I think both of these things will be fixed a few weeks, maybe months once gcam developers start having more stable Gcam version 8 builds. They already work well for the main camera, but they're still testing adding the auxiliary cameras.

thenext1

May 21, 2006
Try to turn on focus tracking to see if it helps. Focus tracking doesn't work on my S20 Ultra so I have it disabled in the XML. Also I didn't realize but you're right, I don't see the setting for jpg quality in Wichaya's gcam. I think both of these things will be fixed a few weeks, maybe months once gcam developers start having more stable Gcam version 8 builds. They already work well for the main camera, but they're still testing adding the auxiliary cameras.
Already tried that but does the same. The zoom camera focuses once (the focus circle target appears at the center of the frame) and that's it, it's touch to focus afterwards.

kas07

Dec 24, 2010
I have S20+ Snapdragon. I installed the GCam 7.3 Burial.. And used the XML file attached Burial.XML.

Front camera is not working, it crashed on switching to front camera.

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Already tried that but does the same. The zoom camera focuses once (the focus circle target appears at the center of the frame) and that's it, it's touch to focus afterwards.

Doesn't happen on my phone so I'm not sure, probably have to wait until Gcam 8 then.

I have S20+ Snapdragon. I installed the GCam 7.3 Burial.. And used the XML file attached Burial.XML.

Sorry I don't use the front camera so I didn't notice it. You can fix it by going to Settings > advanced > use non restart aux method.

Reactions: tombbb and kas07

Zer9DarkNerdy

Feb 5, 2021
Doesn't happen on my phone so I'm not sure, probably have to wait until Gcam 8 then.

Sorry I don't use the front camera so I didn't notice it. You can fix it by going to Settings > advanced > use non restart aux method.

I also have an issue with the front camera. Interesting fact, the front camera works on video but not camera.

Samsung Galaxy S20 SM-G981U1, One UI version 3.0.

When I switch to the front camera it doesn't crash or freeze, but the back camera image is stuck for a minute while it tries to switch, then the viewfinder goes black.

I installed the camera APK but since there were no XML configs for the S20 posted I left default settings. I tried activating "use non restart aux method (BSG)" but that didn't fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *UPDATE*
    *Arnova's latest build 8.1 just released*
    Not sure how well my XMLs work with it since I have since upgraded to an S21 Ultra. But worth a try.

Thanks to KosBeg, we now know that these specific package names are whitelisted by Samsung to be able to use the telephoto camera:
    com.sec.android.app.camera
    com.sec.factory.camera
    com.sec.android.app.camera.shootingmode.social
    com.sec.factory.cameralyzer
    com.samsung.android.bio.face.service
    com.samsung.android.biometrics.service
    com.samsung.android.server.iris
    com.samsung.android.aremoji
    com.samsung.android.ruler
    com.samsung.android.scan3d

Confirmed all 3 rear cameras working with the S10/Note 10 series and S20/Note 20 series, front camera won't with OneUI 2.5+ unless you have S10 Lite or S20 FE.

Wichaya has also modified his GCAM for Samsung telephoto. Download the updated XML Wichaya file attached and the Samsung APK version from here: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1501/

Zoran's ZGCAM works best for Exynos phones. His latest will allow telephoto on Exynos Galaxy phones. Links to the latest gcam is here: https://koopahtmaniac.com/getLatest.php . You can load the ZGCAM XML file I attached to use the 4x zoom.

Stock camera has improved greatly, but when it comes to zooming into the picture, stock cam's processing still does terribly with fine detail and edge smoothing. In my attached picture, the top is stock cam and bottom is gcam at 100% crop.

steps to apply XML to GCAM: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/
    I have 988U and have this installed how do i apply the xml
    Thanks for sharing!

Download that zip and extract the XML from it. Steps to apply XML files to Gcam can be found here: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/
    Hey guys, what's the ideal version of GCam (and XML) for a S20 FE LTE with Snapdragon 865?
    Thanks a lot!
    Arnova's latest 8.1 just released. Give it a try guys!