GCAM

KiraV

Nov 5, 2013
Does Marco have some thread/forum etc. to try and submit logcat? I had their gcam mod on my OP6 and I loved it a lot, would be wonderful if they release a working gcam mod for the Xperia 5II... Meanwhile I'll try Arnova's and submit logcat.

zujko

Aug 6, 2011
Zagreb
No doubt, gcam for xperia 5ll will be a beast... Now the potential of the camera hiding in the gcam will be seen, the dev community is working full steam ahead.

Reactions: KiraV

Fideon

Feb 6, 2014
Monterrey
Been eyeing the Xperia 5 II. Seems like the Pixel 5 with great battery life and close to stock android but takes it even further with tele zoom and easier to grip with one hand.

Pixel 5 still beats it in the computational photography department, so adding GCam to the Xperia 5 II would make it a beast! Following this thread...

Reactions: KiraV

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
It's one of the first builds that work on
Yeah, not working quite well. Freezes a lot, picture are very, very grainy and supports only the main cam. Not even the selfiecam. I guess this was not for 5 ii, just a general build.
It's one of the first builds that work on the 5 II. The Sony phones are problematic to get working because of technical decisions they've made. To get less grainy pictures and less freezes, switch on GL preview, turn on focus tracking and change HDR+ model to Pixel 3a (I prefer Pixel 5).

Finneri

Jun 2, 2016
It's one of the first builds that work on

It's one of the first builds that work on the 5 II. The Sony phones are problematic to get working because of technical decisions they've made. To get less grainy pictures and less freezes, switch on GL preview, turn on focus tracking and change HDR+ model to Pixel 3a (I prefer Pixel 5).
Thanks, now it runs smoother. Althought, 3a settings gave grainy photos also, P5 works way better. Night sight not working. Have to test tomorrow in daylight, pictures looks pretty promising.

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
Thanks, now it runs smoother. Althought, 3a settings gave grainy photos also, P5 works way better. Night sight not working. Have to test tomorrow in daylight, pictures looks pretty promising.
I also recommend setting "Quality HDR+" to High as Original is apparently the lowest setting.
Working night sight is coming in a later version along with HDR+ enhanced. Only downside is that OIS might be impossible to get working in photo mode in GCam so getting sharp pictures with those in low light is very hard.

Finneri

Jun 2, 2016
Been shooting with GCam and stock app few days now and the stock cam is still a clear winner. Color accuracy and dynamic range is way better in stock cam at this point. But it is nice to see some progress with the GCam, hoping to get fully functional daily camera app at some point.