Question Gcam

Search This thread

deboopi2

Nov 12, 2011
MECHELEN
I'm running a S22 Ultra Exynos and Shamim works reasonably well.
What I'm still looking for is how to get the zoom modes to 3x and 10x.
And by the way is there a manual for Gcam because there's a lot of options I don't use since I do not what they mean.

Reactions: Monipeev

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Ok so I played with it again at Best Buy today. The reason why it's a little difficult to work right out of the box with GCam is because current GCam builds use the traditional hardware camera IDs whereas the S22 Ultra defaults to logical IDs (like the new Pixel 6).

With that said, I got it working with the build by adjusting the camera array values. Here are the steps:

edit [Updated April 14, 2022]
1. Download and Install Shamin 8.4v20 APK
2. Download attached XML and put it in the Internal Storage > GCam > Configs8.4 folder (make the folder if you don't already have it)
3. Run the GCam and give it permissions (it will crash after a few seconds)
4. Run the app again but quickly switch to video mode to avoid it crashing quickly
5. Open GCam's settings and go to additional settings > configs setting > XML save directory
6. Don't change the directory but just hit OK
7. Go back to the main screen and switch to video again so it doesn't crash
8. Double tap on space between shutter and gallery to load XML

Any new updates Mate ?

s3axel

Mar 4, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm running a S22 Ultra Exynos and Shamim works reasonably well.
What I'm still looking for is how to get the zoom modes to 3x and 10x.
And by the way is there a manual for Gcam because there's a lot of options I don't use since I do not what they mean.
On the Celsoazevedo-Page there is a Gcam Handbook, which at least is a good starter....

I am presently using the Shamin on my Exynos, all lenses work just fine - I attached my XML for your convenience....

Attachments

• Shamin_Exynos22.xml
    113.9 KB · Views: 333
Reactions: tigerskin

deboopi2

Nov 12, 2011
MECHELEN
Everything works fine but even with your xml file I still see 2x and 4x zoom and 3x and 10x.
2x and 4x are digital zooms, I'd likz to ue the analog zooms and I thought was possible through some settings.

s3axel

Mar 4, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Everything works fine but even with your xml file I still see 2x and 4x zoom and 3x and 10x.
2x and 4x are digital zooms, I'd likz to ue the analog zooms and I thought was possible through some settings.
Hmm, strange - this is what i looks like with me (Shamim V21 Samsung Package)

GCam_Zooms.jpg

EDIT: even stranger, just opened up the Gcam again and now the Zoom slider is gone, instead its two buttons and so far I haven't been able to get the slider back....
GCam_Buttons.jpg

Last edited:

EDIT: even stranger, just opened up the Gcam again and now the Zoom slider is gone, instead its two buttons and so far I haven't been able to get the slider back....
On my version of gcam, you get the slider when you pinch zoom at all. To get the selector back just touch the screen anywhere without pinching. The stock cam works that way too.

Reactions: s3axel

Dayuser

Recognized Contributor
Jun 26, 2016
Moto G7 Power
Reactions: s3axel

deboopi2

Nov 12, 2011
MECHELEN
I started all over again with v21 and with or without loading the Shamim_Exynos22.xml I till have 2x and 4x zoo level.
Are you running on an Snapdragon or an Exynos.
Mine is an Exynos, I aso noticed the selfie cam gives me a black windows.
Is there a specific area where you have to make changes to get 3x and 10x zoom to work?

ayobarme

May 24, 2014
Ah, you're using Arnova's version. For the Experimental IDs, use 0,1,2,5,6,7. I think adding the 1 in there brings back front camera.

Made some modifications to the steps to include adding a lib file. Give it a try for even better processing.
Hello

Please can you help with a download link for the XML file as I can't seem to find it in the link provided.

Thanks

deboopi2

Nov 12, 2011
MECHELEN
Now I'm able to get 3x and 10x zoom.
After installing and before uninstalling I have to do the following but other problems (instability issues) arise

camera - settings - additional settings - configs setting - restore configs
samug - settings - apps - camera - clear cache
delete app
install app
now 3x zoom and 10x zoom are available
no settings imported
switch to portrait --> app hangs
switching to video --> app hangs

import settings 'Shamin8.4.4_S22U_Arcide3-10'
1x zoom ok
3x zoom show back screen
10x zoom shows black screen

uninstall with reset settings and clear cache
install

import settings 'Shamin_Exynos22'
1x zoom ok
3x zoom ok
10x zoom ok

any help with this?

deboopi2

Nov 12, 2011
MECHELEN
I tried again by resetting my S22.Thereafter I installed SHAMIM v21 and imported the settings from Shamim_Exynos22.xml.
Once again the camera works but whenever I try something else the app freezes.
It is still a problem to get the 3x and 10x zoom. Sometimes clearing the cache helps, sometimes clearing the data and sometimes nothing helps to get those zoom modes back.
I'll think I'll wait to see what the next iteration of shamim brings, If that does not help I do not know what version to go to.

deboopi2

Nov 12, 2011
MECHELEN

View attachment 5600255

View attachment 5600261
After some experimenting I have the 3x and 10x telephoto working.
I can also takes pictures at 3x and 10x telephoto because the display show what I'm abut to photograph but the quality of the picture is not OK.
  • First of all the 3x and 10x telephoto.
    This is just a matter of labels as the 3x and 10x work.
    Go to settings - Additional settings - Auxiliary Cameras - Name for camera modules
    enable names for aux lenses
    set telephoto lens to 3x and ID4 lens to 10x
  • Second, show display at camera 1x, 3x and 10x
    Go to settings - Advanced - Model Interface
    For all the camera set the Pixel 3 (blueline) instead of Pixel 2 XL (taimen)
These settings may be saved in the profile files I found but then they are not loaded when importing. It's also possible they are not saved when saving the settings. But this is the way to overcome this for these settings.
Now the quality, video is ok, no banding but pictures are not, see included example, i tried a lot of settings but I do not get it right.
The pictures keep on having banding, if somebody can help me with that?

sha_gcam_banding_resized.jpg

deboopi2

Nov 12, 2011
MECHELEN
Now I have a new problem.
Whenever I enable Motion Photo (settings - Additional settings - Few stuffs and customizations) and close he settings the app will exit immediately.
Is there a way to have motion photo enabled without quitting?

bchadm76

Nov 20, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S20
Why would you use GCam when Samsung has done a terrific job on their camera? You also lose a lot of features of the Ultra with GCam.
You can use both. For Night Shots Gcam is insanely better than Samsung. It has exposure times up to 6 min which is almost perfect for Astrophotography. Gcam even has a dedicated Astrophotography toggle which is unheard of anywhere else and the results of the night photography is extremely high quality in today's standards. But Samsung Stock camera is of course better in day photography and using all the features .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ya US Snapdragon Unlocked Ultra. Ive been trying out a handful of different Gcams but none seem to work.
    Will post future updates here:
    Why would you use GCam when Samsung has done a terrific job on their camera? You also lose a lot of features of the Ultra with GCam.
    I mean, you don't LOSE anything. You use GCam as a secondary camera app. Not as a replacement for the stock app.

Options are good
    Is there a working Gcam for the Ultra? Is it even needed for the Ultra with its Samsung capabilities?
    So far I'm actually not too impressed with the stock Samsung camera on the Ultra and I'm coming from the S10+. The pictures are pretty splotchy and not too sharp especially when zooming in. Something that seems to have been consistent on all Samsung phones which is why I normally see better results using the Gcam. Also this camera seems to lag when taking a photo after hitting the button theres an annoying delay where I cant really clearly capture anything moving even slightly. I'm hoping they release some software updates for this. I'm using the US Snapdragon Unlocked Ultra 256gb variant on VZW.
    That worked, thanks! Just out of curiosity is it possible for Gcams to get the Action Pan mode that the Pixels have or is that only a Pixel thing?
    Anything is theoretically possible but I would put those special modes as highly unlikely (since even older Pixels don't support them). With that said though, Arnova's build actually has a lot of potential because it supports the new logical IDs that I mentioned rather than relying on the hardware ID workaround in my XML for Shamin.

There are still plenty of bugs and things not working, but the best thing so far is seamless lens switching (just like stock camera where if you pinch to zoom, it will automatically switch lenses without you needing to press a button and wait a second for the camera to reset). This also allows it to support lens switching via 4K60 (something stock camera doesn't even support).

To try it out:
    1. download and install this latest Arnova Public 8.4 Build
    2. go to Camera Settings > Advanced > Experimental Api2 Config
    3. Enable the option there and input without quotes the following: "0,1,2,3,5,6,7"
    4. Go back to main camera settings and click on developer settings
    5. find camcorder.max_zoom and change both default and 30fps to 10.0
    6. find camera.cam_ultra_wide_enabled and enable that option
    7. find camera.cam_ultra_wide_front_enabled and enable that option

Now you can use pinch to zoom and it should switch lens at 0.6x, 1x, 3x, and 10x. I believe the auxiliary lenses can't take pictures right now though. But video 4k60 should work and if you have enough light, the lenses should switch at the 3x and 10x zooms.

I still don't have the phone yet, but another person who is good with GCam has confirmed the video lens switching works here: