Gear Fit Manager Patched for Lollipop

Search This thread

zwegnet

Sep 8, 2014
Hi there guys,

Since Samsung are just idiot and his app isn't working with Android Lollipop i had to modify 'Gear Fit Manager' to get it working on my Motorola Moto X with Lollipop, so download and use it with your Android Lollipop without weird crashes!.

Greetings XDA!

Attachments

• lollipop-gearfitmanager.apk
    18.5 MB · Views: 174,347

DarkerBob

Oct 17, 2013
Hi there guys,

Since Samsung are just idiot and his app isn't working with Android Lollipop i had to modify 'Gear Fit Manager' to get it working on my Motorola Moto X with Lollipop, so download and use it with your Android Lollipop without weird crashes!.

Greetings XDA!

Thanks! Works like a charm (after I figured out that I should uninstall the old Gear Fit first). Just a quick question... it's v1.49. I understand there are newer versions out there. Are they incompatible or is this a better version?

Reactions: pcp12

mooondark

Oct 14, 2011
Lyon
Great ! Thanks a lot !!

It works perfectly. What did you exactly modify ? Missing resource or something like this ?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

gbverhoeven

Aug 9, 2008
Ridderkerk
Thanks thanks thanks its works!!!!

Samsung S5 with poland Android 5.0 stock ROM.

Verstuurd met damp signalen

Last edited:

dperfectdude

Jul 14, 2014
Hi there guys,

Greetings XDA!
Not working for Samsung I9152 with CM12.. Any suggestions?

gbverhoeven

Aug 9, 2008
Ridderkerk
[quote name="gbverhoeven" post=57323807]Do you turn on the message acces in de setting menu?? I forget it on first time! Now i recieved all my messages. Sorry fort stupid english<br />
<br />
Verstuurd met damp signalen[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
You sir..or madame.. Are my hero! All working now. In case anyone else needs this info on your phone go to settings/sound and notifications/notification access to select gear fit manager<br/>

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Notifications doesnt work :( anyone more with the same problem? Thanks for the modification!
See my last post.....thats the solution!!

eduardosbm

Oct 19, 2014
[quote name="gbverhoeven" post=57323807]Do you turn on the message acces in de setting menu?? I forget it on first time! Now i recieved all my messages. Sorry fort stupid english<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
You sir..or madame.. Are my hero! All working now. In case anyone else needs this info on your phone go to settings/sound and notifications/notification access to select gear fit manager<br/>

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

See my last post.....thats the solution!!

Verstuurd met damp signalen[/QUOTE]
WOOOW that was the problem! Thank you!

Reactions: redletter

zwegnet

Sep 8, 2014
Notifications doesnt work :( anyone more with the same problem? Thanks for the modification!

Yep, me too. Its a hidden setting on Lollipop.

Just download Android Wear, and click in the option where says 'Enable Android Wear Notifications' and enable Gear Fit Manager there, then, remove Android Wear. It's the solution i found, if someone found other simplest...

Reactions: N!KE26

eduardosbm

Oct 19, 2014
Yep, me too. Its a hidden setting on Lollipop.

Just download Android Wear, and click in the option where says 'Enable Android Wear Notifications' and enable Gear Fit Manager there, then, remove Android Wear. It's the solution i found, if someone found other simplest...

I did that but not downloading android wear app. You can do it searching in mobile settings. Fortunately now its working.

zwegnet

Sep 8, 2014
Patched last!

Hi again!

I see people doesn't like version 1.48, so i patched the latest one.

Now Music Player works, and some things have been modified to be working at 100% on Lollipop. (They were using ****ing weird APIs for MultiSim use on Gear Fit that crashes on Lollipop... ****in' idiots...)

I think Samsung should pay me for this, or something. I work more than his engineers.

Attachments

• rebuilt.apk
    19.5 MB · Views: 7,109

gbverhoeven

Aug 9, 2008
Ridderkerk
Hi again!

Now Music Player works, and some things have been modified to be working at 100% on Lollipop. (They were using ****ing weird APIs for MultiSim use on Gear Fit that crashes on Lollipop... ****in' idiots...)

I think Samsung should pay me for this, or something. I work more than his engineers.

This rebuild is not working for me, Samsung S5 Lollipop.... The previous version, 1.48 works well. Whit this rebuild app, He shows endless "connecting with Gear Fit...."

eduardosbm

Oct 19, 2014
Hi again!

In my case it crashes again but Im happy with the other one. Thanks!

zwegnet

Sep 8, 2014

Attachments

• UPDATEMODE_R350OXA0BNG2_R350XXU0BNG2.tar
    5.7 MB · Views: 1,908
Reactions: N!KE26

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there guys,

Greetings XDA!
    Can gear fit be synced with HTC ONE M8 with android v 5.0.1 ??

I tried installing all apk files given here in XDA but wen i try connecting it is failing.

Please help

I don't know if anyone has it working with the M8 or not with Lollipop, but here is what works for me on the Nexus 5:

1. Make sure the Gear Fit device is on this firmware version: R350XXU0BNG2
      If you need to change the firmware, read the following:
      How to get into download mode: LINK
      Directions to flash the new firmware to the Fit: LINK
      Direct link to the R350XXU0BNG2 firmware: LINK
      In Odin, put that TAR file in the CSC box and flash (with Fit in download mode)
    2. On your phone, Uninstall and clean up ANY remnants of Samsung or Gear software. Open App info, force stop the program clear cache, clear data, uninstall for all of those apps.
    3. In bluetooth settings, forget/unpair the Gear Fit for now
    4. Unzip and install GearFitManager.5.apk LINK
    5. Unzip and install gearfitmanager_no_crash.apk LINK
    6. Open Gear Fit Manager, pair, accept all their Rules and your should be set. Beware that SHealth won't sync.
    I didn't need any build.prop edits, so first try with your normal build.prop file.

EDIT: Here are the links to the posts where the APK files were originally posted.
    post for GearFitManager.5.apk (Thanks inportb)
    post for gearfitmanager_no_crash.apk (thanks windelwilli)
    Patched last!

Hi again!

Well I installed the apk linked from the OP and it's showing 1.70 on my device.

That is only your fault that you can't use search, not mine.
    So use this file Please and write report for other users please....
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3warm904lknu52y/gearfitmanager_no_crash.apk?dl=0

Hope it's usefull now