Gear Manager Downloads

Search This thread

mr8th

Mar 6, 2014
Could you create a zip with all necessary files? Trying to connect a Gear1 to an HTC M7 on LP, bluetooth pairs, but Gear Manager is never able to connect, it just shows a spinning wheel...
Try to tap the watch icon on the Gear about 30times. It'll say "press BT within 3 sec..". Then press connect on your phone.

Problem with my phone (w/ Lollipop) was that apks kept on crashing.

ebere62

Feb 20, 2015
Hi, guys, now i am going to describe my method of connecting my Gear 2 to my HTC ONE M8 (5.0.1 stock not rooted) which is working fine for me. First i installed GM of the previous version from Brendo's Mediafire (v.2.2.15011799) - first GM apk, then GearManagerStub and then all the apk's from ExtractedApks. After that i connected my Gear fully reset via GM application - you should be careful to refuse all the updates the GM application may request you to install. After accepting the license agreement you will get hostmanager crash but do not mind. The watch is well connected and many things work even now. (Do not forget to check the notification permission for GM in your phone settings). But every time you trie to run GM in you phone you will get hostmanager crash. To avoid this just install Gear Manager apk of the latest version from Brendo's Mediafire (v.2.2.15022599) plus Hostmanager apk from ExtractedApks in the same folder. Thus you will get rid of hostmanager crash and be able to change Gear setting via GM application. After that you may install all the other apks from ExtractedApks, but mind to refuse all the apdate requests that GM may ask for during the next start.
Hope this will help.

Fac19

May 13, 2015
Rome
I finally made the Gear Manager (latest version) working with my non-touchwiz device, running Lollipop 5.0.1 CM12S (Oneplus One). Using my Gear 1 (with TizenMOD) I didn't realize that upgrading from KitKat to Lollipop will turn my Gear 1 into a Dumbwatch! I should have read through this forum earlier!

Anyway, there is a way to make it run under CM12S again: everything works the same way as under KitKat, including notifications, Sync pictures & audio from the Gear to the phone, taking calls and installing 3rd party apps on the Gear. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any step-by-step guide, as it was more a trial and error way that eventually worked out. But I guess, you could give it a try !

Basically, it's a installation of the latest Gear Manager 2.2.15022599 but using older versions from saproviders, goproviders and hostmanager APKs. You'll all find these versions in the 1st post from Brendo (mediafire).

Here are the version that I have installed and running on my device:
  • Connection Manager 0.9.66
  • Gear Plugin 2.2.15022599
  • Gear software update 2.141213.2191
  • Gear Module 2.2.15022599
  • goproviders 2.0.434
  • HostManager 2.2.14100299
  • NSyncProvider 1.022
  • Samsung Accessory Service 2.15.97
  • Samsung Gear 2.2.15022599
  • SANotiProvider 1.0.9.45
  • saproviders 2.0.87
  • SASystemProviders 2.3.26
  • svoiceprovider 1.0.3
  • TextTemplateProvider 2.5.0

The GearManagerStub.apk is not required.
Quick Installation guide (please read in more detail here in this forum):
  1. Download 2.2.15022599 APK File from Brendo Mediafire
  2. Rename APK to ZIP file
  3. Open ZIP File in ES File Explorer, navigate to assets > GearModuleApk
  4. Install all APKs manually (not all will work, never mind)
  5. Older APKs might have a different tree structure (assets > preInstallApks // Gear2Apks
  6. Do a 2nd run with installing all APK again (especially when there are new access rights requested by app!)
  7. When all APKs from the ZIP file are installed, rename file back to ".apk"
  8. Install the main APK
  9. When searching for devices, tap the watch icon on the Gear about 30 times. you'll get a message "press BT within 3 sec.." Then immediately, try to connect the Gear Manager with the Gear
  10. Then, the Gear Manager wanted to install (a newer Host Manager). Do not click OK. Instead, I installed the older Host Manager (version see above) manually, then clicked Cancel/not install.
  11. After a few seconds, the licence agreement pops up - you're done

I remember that I had big problems with the goprovider.apk and the saprovider.apk. They crashed every second (!), and I needed to deinstall them. Using an older version finally helped! Surprise, even the SMS reply with TextTemplates seems to work fine! The Weather app and the S-Voice is not working. Hope, this will work for you as well! Let me know, if something is unclear - Good Luck!

Finally I connect my Nexus5 5.1 with my gear but I can't receive notifications on it, any idea?
I go into my phones setting, notification manager, Message access, and then I enabled Gear Manager...the same in Gear Manager setting... but I can't receive notifications

UPDATE: I deleted all app cache of the list previously and then I deleted all apk, I re installed all and then it works

Last edited:

LaGauloise

May 18, 2015
Thanks.
I have a nexus 5 lollipop latest version.
It's working, expect for notifications.
So I wanted to uninstall everything but I'm facing an issue uninstalling HostManager 2.2.15022599, to be able to install the HostManger 2.2.14100299.
I can't find HostManager in my apps.

HostManager is related to notification ?
If yes, how should I do to remove this version.

Thanks ;)

qverk

Jan 3, 2013
I finally made the Gear Manager (latest version) working with my non-touchwiz device, running Lollipop 5.0.1 CM12S (Oneplus One). Using my Gear 1 (with TizenMOD) I didn't realize that upgrading from KitKat to Lollipop will turn my Gear 1 into a Dumbwatch! I should have read through this forum earlier!

Anyway, there is a way to make it run under CM12S again: everything works the same way as under KitKat, including notifications, Sync pictures & audio from the Gear to the phone, taking calls and installing 3rd party apps on the Gear. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any step-by-step guide, as it was more a trial and error way that eventually worked out. But I guess, you could give it a try !

Basically, it's a installation of the latest Gear Manager 2.2.15022599 but using older versions from saproviders, goproviders and hostmanager APKs. You'll all find these versions in the 1st post from Brendo (mediafire).

• goproviders 2.0.434
  • NSyncProvider 1.022
  • saproviders 2.0.87
  • svoiceprovider 1.0.3

5. Older APKs might have a different tree structure (assets > preInstallApks // Gear2Apks
  6. Do a 2nd run with installing all APK again (especially when there are new access rights requested by app!)
  8. Install the main APK
  9. When searching for devices, tap the watch icon on the Gear about 30 times. you'll get a message "press BT within 3 sec.." Then immediately, try to connect the Gear Manager with the Gear
  10. Then, the Gear Manager wanted to install (a newer Host Manager). Do not click OK. Instead, I installed the older Host Manager (version see above) manually, then clicked Cancel/not install.

I remember that I had big problems with the goprovider.apk and the saprovider.apk. They crashed every second (!), and I needed to deinstall them. Using an older version finally helped! Surprise, even the SMS reply with TextTemplates seems to work fine! The Weather app and the S-Voice is not working. Hope, this will work for you as well! Let me know, if something is unclear - Good Luck!

Hello!

I was reading your guide to reconnect my galaxy gear, and you wrote that you used older versions of certain apps (saproviders, goproviders and hostmanager).

But I noticed that you listed goproviders 2.0.434, which is the latest version. Was it this one that you used? :)

Appreciate any reply.

/qverk

mr8th

Mar 6, 2014
I am using goproviders in Version 2.0.434 (latest Version). Hope, this also works for you.
Hello!

I was reading your guide to reconnect my galaxy gear, and you wrote that you used older versions of certain apps (saproviders, goproviders and hostmanager).

But I noticed that you listed goproviders 2.0.434, which is the latest version. Was it this one that you used? :)

Appreciate any reply.

/qverk

trondjl

May 27, 2007

• goproviders 2.0.434
  • NSyncProvider 1.022
  • saproviders 2.0.87
  • svoiceprovider 1.0.3

8. Install the main APK

Hi!

Not working for me. Getting GM stopped on cm12.1 but i am missing connection manager 0.9. Where did you find it?

FatBoyExtraordinaire

Jun 24, 2008
Philadelphia
Hi, guys, now i am going to describe my method of connecting my Gear 2 to my HTC ONE M8 (5.0.1 stock not rooted) which is working fine for me. First i installed GM of the previous version from Brendo's Mediafire (v.2.2.15011799) - first GM apk, then GearManagerStub and then all the apk's from ExtractedApks. After that i connected my Gear fully reset via GM application - you should be careful to refuse all the updates the GM application may request you to install. After accepting the license agreement you will get hostmanager crash but do not mind. The watch is well connected and many things work even now. (Do not forget to check the notification permission for GM in your phone settings). But every time you trie to run GM in you phone you will get hostmanager crash. To avoid this just install Gear Manager apk of the latest version from Brendo's Mediafire (v.2.2.15022599) plus Hostmanager apk from ExtractedApks in the same folder. Thus you will get rid of hostmanager crash and be able to change Gear setting via GM application. After that you may install all the other apks from ExtractedApks, but mind to refuse all the apdate requests that GM may ask for during the next start.
Hope this will help.

This is exactly my situation so happy to hear that there apparently is a solution. When my HTC One M8 updated to lollipop and I'm not rooted, it essentially crippled my use of the Gear 2 as you already know. Can't wait to try this and hopefully get m watch back but I have a question. Do I have to uninstall all previous apks related to the Gear 2? I'd hate to delete them and something go wrong and then 100% not be able to use my watch at all. I mean it semi works now, would love full usage but would be gutted if I lost all functionality. Thanks in advance.

ebere62

Feb 20, 2015
Connect Gear 2 to HTC One M8

This is exactly my situation so happy to hear that there apparently is a solution. When my HTC One M8 updated to lollipop and I'm not rooted, it essentially crippled my use of the Gear 2 as you already know. Can't wait to try this and hopefully get m watch back but I have a question. Do I have to uninstall all previous apks related to the Gear 2? I'd hate to delete them and something go wrong and then 100% not be able to use my watch at all. I mean it semi works now, would love full usage but would be gutted if I lost all functionality. Thanks in advance.

Hi, friend. Sorry to say that my previous message is not correct. Now i am going to describe the prosess exactly as it is and as it worked for me many times.
1. Uninstall all the previous apks from the phone.
2. Clean all the traces with SD Maid or App Cache Cleaner.
3. Turn off bluetooth and disconnect the existing bluetooth connection with the Gear 2 .
4. Install GearManage of the the previous version:
- install GM 2.2.15011700.apk. You can download it from Brendo's Mediafire
- install GearManagerStub.apk from the same source
- install all the apk's form ExtractedApks (use the following link: drive.google.com/file/d/0B3uemtAJSY3PVDFiY0FsVGRLN28/view
5. Run GearManager on your phone (Note: It should not show the Gear 2 as Connected device on the start. If so, than it means that the previous bluetooth connection with the Gear was not diabled. Then see Step 3)
6. Refuse all the updates GM may ask for, check the 2 or 3 items in the Lisence Agreement. After that GM will crash with «Gear plug-in error» – just do not pay attantion. The Gear will connect and you will be able to use almost all fuctionality.
7. After that install GearManager of the latest version:
- install GM 2.2.15022599.apk
- install all the apk's from Brendo's Gear Manager\2.2.15022599\Downloaded
It will stop Gear plug-in crash and will allow you to operate your Gear 2 with GM application.
In addition to that it is useful to install ConnectionManager.apk and
8. uninstall Saprovider 2.0.434 installing saprovider 2.0.87 instead, as well as
9. uninstall GearManagerStub from the installed application, for it is useless..
All this will give you working sms-templates and Media remote controller.
Hope this will help.

FatBoyExtraordinaire

Jun 24, 2008
Philadelphia
Hi, friend. Sorry to say that my previous message is not correct. Now i am going to describe the prosess exactly as it is and as it worked for me many times.
1. Uninstall all the previous apks from the phone.
2. Clean all the traces with SD Maid or App Cache Cleaner.
3. Turn off bluetooth and disconnect the existing bluetooth connection with the Gear 2 .
4. Install GearManage of the the previous version:
- install GM 2.2.15011700.apk. You can download it from Brendo's Mediafire
- install GearManagerStub.apk from the same source
- install all the apk's form ExtractedApks (use the following link: drive.google.com/file/d/0B3uemtAJSY3PVDFiY0FsVGRLN28/view
5. Run GearManager on your phone (Note: It should not show the Gear 2 as Connected device on the start. If so, than it means that the previous bluetooth connection with the Gear was not diabled. Then see Step 3)
6. Refuse all the updates GM may ask for, check the 2 or 3 items in the Lisence Agreement. After that GM will crash with «Gear plug-in error» – just do not pay attantion. The Gear will connect and you will be able to use almost all fuctionality.
7. After that install GearManager of the latest version:
- install GM 2.2.15022599.apk
- install all the apk's from Brendo's Gear Manager\2.2.15022599\Downloaded
It will stop Gear plug-in crash and will allow you to operate your Gear 2 with GM application.
In addition to that it is useful to install ConnectionManager.apk and
8. uninstall Saprovider 2.0.434 installing saprovider 2.0.87 instead, as well as
9. uninstall GearManagerStub from the installed application, for it is useless..
All this will give you working sms-templates and Media remote controller.
Hope this will help.
Thank you so much for the detailed instructions and help. Can't wait to give this a try when I get a free moment. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quick question, in your instructions you say install Gear Manager version 2.2.15011700.apk from his Mediafire vault but the one listed there is 2.2.15011799.apk. Is that one ok to use? And as for the GearManagerStub apk, do I download the one in the main folder or the on in the sub folder "Lollipop"? Thanks again

Last edited:

NightCRawler191

May 27, 2015
Gear fit SM-R3500ZKAXAR not working with Lollipop v5.0.1 ...

Hello, I updated my Galaxy Note 4 about 10 days ago to Lollipop v5.0.1 and now my Gear Fit is no longer working. The model I have is SM-R3500ZKAXAR and I have the Odin v3.09 and v3.09.5 and neither are updating the firmware on my device. I have connected the Gear Fit to my PC and Smart Switch does not recorgniza the device nor does Kie3. I have the Fit manager app installed. It will send the passkey for the bluetotth to connect, I can see the bluetooth connection for a few seconds and then states "failed to connect via bluetooth..." I have tried everything and have followed all the steps fopr rebooting, but nothing works. I can no longer use it at all since it will not even show clock or anything. Can you help me to see what I can do to get it to work? It was an Xmas present given to me 6 months ago and I can no longer even wear it to tell the time. Sooooooo frustrated!!

ebere62

Feb 20, 2015
Thank you so much for the detailed instructions and help. Can't wait to give this a try when I get a free moment. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quick question, in your instructions you say install Gear Manager version 2.2.15011700.apk from his Mediafire vault but the one listed there is 2.2.15011799.apk. Is that one ok to use? And as for the GearManagerStub apk, do I download the one in the main folder or the on in the sub folder "Lollipop"? Thanks again

It was my mistake. Sure it should be 2.2.15011799 version. As for GearManagerStub, yes, i mean the one from the main folder.

Fac19

May 13, 2015
Rome
ok......ehm....I just installed ANDROID M.......

any suggestion to pair Nexus 5 M with Gear 2 Neo? :D

tony_the_unik

Jul 18, 2011
Essey les nancy
Last edited:

FatBoyExtraordinaire

Jun 24, 2008
Philadelphia
Hey there ebere62, I finally got around to trying the instructions you gave on here but unfortunately, I ran into a snag. On step 5, it keeps saying download failed, try again. Of course I have tried again, but no go, keeps giving the error. Now my watch isn't connected to my phone at all anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kvirtel

Mar 20, 2014
Gear Manager don't work with Note 4 Android 5.1.1

Need help, Gear S is not connected with Note 4 Android 5.1.1 He says: Could not connect to Gear. Gear Connection is not supported by the mobile device, or you need to update its software. Make sure that the mobile device can be connected to Gear. I don't have in samsung apps Gear Manager.

Brendo

NEW
v2.2.15070942 no longer comes with preinstalled apks

I no longer have a watch to connect to so can't see if it has any extra apps or whatever. It looks to be updated to lollipop theme though

It also includes a rules.xml file
Code:
<!-- Default Values: supportTablet="true" , hostMinMemory= "1024" MB , supportNonSamsung="false" ,
optional="false" , supportMultiConnection="false" disablePackage="true" -->
<rules>
    <gear-info version="1.1">
        <module-info containerName="com.samsung.android.gear1module"
            pluginName="com.samsung.android.gear1plugin">
            <devices>
                <item>Galaxy Gear</item>
            </devices>
            <additional-packages>
                <package optional="true">com.samsung.svoiceprovider</package>
            </additional-packages>
        </module-info>
        <module-info containerName="com.samsung.android.gear2smodule"
            pluginName="com.samsung.android.gear2plugin">
            <devices>
                <item>Gear</item>
                <item>Gear 2</item>
                <item>Gear 2 Neo</item>
                <item>Gear 2 Lite</item>
            </devices>
            <additional-packages>
                <package optional="true">com.samsung.svoiceprovider</package>
            </additional-packages>
        </module-info>
        <module-info containerName="com.samsung.android.gear2smodule"
            pluginName="com.samsung.android.gear2plugin">
            <devices>
                <item supportTablet="false">Gear S</item>
            </devices>
        </module-info>
        <module-info containerName="com.samsung.android.gearoplugin"
            pluginName="com.samsung.android.gearoplugin">
            <devices>
                <item supportNonSamsung="true" supportTablet="false">Gear O</item>
                <item supportNonSamsung="true" supportTablet="false">Gear A</item>
            </devices>
        </module-info>
        <module-info pluginName="com.samsung.android.neckletplugin">
            <devices>
                <item supportMultiConnection="true" connectAudio="true" hostMinMemory="0">Gear Circle</item>
            </devices>
        </module-info>
        <common-info>
            <packages>
                <item disablePackage="false">com.samsung.accessory</item>
                <item disablePackage="false">com.samsung.accessory.safiletransfer</item>
            </packages>
            <discovery-keyword>
                <item>gear</item>
            </discovery-keyword>
        </common-info>
    </gear-info>
</rules>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is to keep track of Gear Manager updates

Latest official version
    Gear Manager: v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14100299 (Gear 2)

Gear Manager versions available
    v1.2.131013
    v1.4.102504
    v1.4.102802
    v1.5.111304
    v1.5.120601
    v1.5.120903
    v1.5.121601
    v1.5.123002
    v1.6.111801
    v1.6.131003
    v1.6.132701
    v1.7.031004 (Gear 1) | v2.0.14031004 (Gear 2)
    v1.7.040401 (Gear 1) | v2.0.14040401 (Gear 2)
    v1.7.041404 (Gear 1) | v2.0.14040404 (Gear 2)
    v1.7.042803 (Gear 1) | v2.0.14042803 (Gear 2)
    v1.7.052101 (Gear 1) | v2.1.14052101 (Gear 2)
    v1.7.062401 (Gear 1) | v2.1.14062401 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.1.14071502 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14090599 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14092299 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14100299 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14110499 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14112899 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.14120405 (Gear 2)
    v (Gear 1) | v2.2.15011799 (Gear 2)
    v1.8.022599 (Gear 1) | v2.2.15022599 (Gear 2)

From v1.7 onwards, GM has 2 version numbers in the same apk as it includes the files to connect both original Gear and Gear 2. v2 is also used if running Tizen on original Gear

Download
    You can download the installer (and secondary apks) here:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/e7h23e12rzesi/Gear_Manager

v2.2.15022599 includes all the apks that GearManger attempts to download. I'd suggest installing all of these before installing main GearManager apk. You'll notice there are 2 plugin apks. Gear Plugin is for newer devices (Gear 2/Neo), Gear1 Plugin for original Galaxy Gear

Notable changes
    Expanded notifications
    Exchange Email blocked in US
    Exchange Email unblocked in US

v1.5.121601
    Very buggy - suggest not installing

v1.6.111801
    Leak. Support for ML1. Exchange email body blocked gm1.6 plus ml1

v1.6.131003
    Leak. Support for NA3. Support for KitKat

v1.7.031004
    Leak. From Galaxy S5 stock rom

Other devices
    As of yet, it is not possible to get Gear working fully without a Samsung device running 4.3 TouchWiz rom
    To install on other devices, make sure you put GearMangerStub.apk in system/app. Then you can install GearManager and the secondary apps (music and weather won't install without dedicated samsung apps also on your device). You will not get notifications and it is very limited, but it connects
    Suspect the issue is related to tight integration with TouchWiz framework and Samsung apps

GEAR FIT MANAGER
    Gear Manager latest version working w/ Lollipop CM12S OnePlus One (Gear 1)

• goproviders 2.0.434
    • NSyncProvider 1.022
    • saproviders 2.0.87
    • svoiceprovider 1.0.3

8. Install the main APK

I solved saprovider repeatedly (Force Close) by going into Titianium Backup on my phone and clearing it's data.

Now to figure out when/why/how S-Voice No longer connects via watch to phone. I swear it worked before this update. :silly:

I tried this and it did stop popping up but I couldn't get my watch to notify me when I got a message and it ended up coming back and wouldn't go away again

I HAVE FIXED THE ISSUE.
    ppgrading to new firmware on watch. Restoring a stock ROM. Clearing cache, reboot ect. None of this worked.
    All I did was back up the last version of saproviders that worked.2.0.088

I uninstalled 2.0.244(newest) saproviders and installed the older version of saprovider and it works flawlessly!

I've uploaded the apk to my drop box.(hope this is allowed)

Hope it helps everyone with this issue.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f146memsq...ung.accessory.saproviders-88-v2.0.88.apk?dl=0
    Latest v2.2.16070451 uploaded
    do anybody know where the gear backups are saved on the phone ? I think it is causing some problem with mine to finish the pairing association ...
    It's a hidden folder on internal storage
    .BManager_backup