Gear s2 and iPhone - remarks

Search This thread

Scotty1963

Apr 9, 2016
Hi, please have you an alternative link to Baidu?
I have a lot of problem to open baidu

Thanks

See #275 in this thread: There you'll find a link where you can download firmware for Gear S2 classic (R732...BOKK).

Origin of this firmware seems to be russia. Gear starts with Russian language but switches to correct language after pairing with iPhone.

Last edited:

Mathefreak

Apr 25, 2016
Does anybody know if it is possible to pair the gear s2 to more than one mobile?
So can I pair it to an android phone and parallel to an iPhone?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: millz1029

millz1029

Jul 9, 2008
Like I stated already I paired my watch with the Sony z2 uploaded what I wanted and pair it to the iPhone 6s without any problems you may have to unpair it from the other android phone first.but I did get it to pair it without having to reset

VIVES_Matt

Nov 28, 2015
Any news on the Gear Lite app "100% bug" front?
There is this new watch face "Luna S2", and it looks awesome (weather info, different colours, moon phases, cool ambient mode) ;) , however it stops at 100% when installing. Do you experience the same with this app?

Any news about the official app?

Second matter, from the time I installed this leaked Gear Lite app my iphone battery is going down pretty fast. I know it is beta and probably it is not optimised yet. However, do you guys have the same experience with the battery?
Thanks for answers!

Scotty1963

Apr 9, 2016
Second matter, from the time I installed this leaked Gear Lite app my iphone battery is going down pretty fast. I know it is beta and probably it is not optimised yet. However, do you guys have the same experience with the battery?

At my iPhone 5S the battery life didn't get considerably shorter with the Gear Lite app.

michast1

Apr 18, 2016
Krefeld
At my iPhone 5S the battery life didn't get considerably shorter with the Gear Lite app.
me too (iPhone 6). Had the Pebble before, nothing changed. Approx. same time until charging is necessairy (2 to 3 days)

hi
gears s2 firemware R732XXU2CPC4 I cant connect with my iphone 6 ver ios 9.3.1
can you help please

Did you install Gear Manager App? If not, read from Post #290

Last edited:

audax69

Apr 29, 2016
hi
gears s2 firemware R732XXU2CPC4 I cant connect with my iphone 6 ver ios 9.3.1
can you help please

Works great with my iPhone6. Did you factory-reset your gear?

BTW: Could someone please tell me the difference between R732XXU2CPC4 and R732XXU2CPC5?

Any why does my gear still say, that I already have the newest firmware, when I manually try to update from CPC4?

Reactions: Marwene

Edu333

Apr 13, 2016
hi guys! I'm installing some watch faces on my samsung gear s2 sport connected iPhone via samsung gear app (unofficial). The thing is that there are some watch faces that is possible to change the colors, etc and also to choose AN AMBIENT MODE and it changes the format of the watch face. Do you have any idea about that? do you know how it works or what is about?
Many thanks

npmvio

Jan 6, 2009
Hi, I'm looking for a new firmware to download with Wifi Odin, now I have a version without flight mode but I can't upload my Gear S2 with Gear Manager, so I need the complete version for Odin...please can you help me?
Thanks a lot!

npmvio

Jan 6, 2009
No - of such sites I would never do a download. I only have passed the link for people with problems.
Ok.. You were Very kind, unfortunatly You need a premium account To download from that link...if everyone has another link that will be a Very Good thing!
Thanks a lot

pjbnz

May 14, 2012
Auckland
Hi,

I know it is mentioned in #290 that it is not compatible with SE. But has anyone tried this with SE?

I have a Gear S2 Classic (SM-R732) and is about to buy SE.

Cheers,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently bought a Samsung Gear S2 classic.
    It connects to iPhone via bluetooth without any app, so here is my experience:

- Notifications work, (the ones from the notification center), however you cannot act on them, it is just a notification viewer. You can read the message that comes or e-mail or FB message, however you cannot answer them.
    - No access to any other apps/watch faces beside the stock ones that are on the watch already
    - Wifi network connection is limited to open networks only :/ (secured networks are not visible, why?) however range of the wifi signal sensitivity is awesome (I pick up a printer Wifi signal of my neighbour 3 floors up)
    - Battery : At 8h I still have 50% (moderate use, loads of notifications, Wifi off, HR sensor frequent, Brightness 8, Ambient on)
    - World clock is totally off, I mean the times are not right. I don't know why.

I read rumours that iOS appstore will get a Gear app by the end of this year, so support is on the way ;)
    I am an Apple fan (iphone, ipad, imac, macbook and so on) and I have to say... Gear S2 is going to rock the smartwatch boat a looooot!
    The quality you get for the money is just amazing.

Greetings from Belgium!
    Thanks for your opinion. But according to different information in the Internet, Android Wear is far away from "full" support iOS and it's functionality is close to Gear S2 (i mean notifications, etc.) That's why I'm looking for real users of both devices to find real reviews.

I have both but using Gear S2 Classic now over the Huawei Watch. The Android Wear experience on iPhone is slightly better than this beta leak of Gear Manager but only in the stability (no app crashes). Android Wear for iOS has NO watch faces (ok some but all terrible), no apps. At least with SGS2 you can download a ton of watch faces (yes some stick at 100% and don't work), download a variety of cool apps, etc. So even in beta, the SGS2 experience is actually more "integrated" than Android Wear. What I like about the GearS2 is the actual Tizen OS on the watch...the health apps are top notch, weather app is accurate, emails are easy to read and scroll through.

Both do NOT have access to Siri (likely never will) and/or response ability for text and email. It's just notifications on the watch that can be read and deleted (notification only). Android Wear has Google Now (works fairly well) and SGS2 has S Voice. Both have their limitations in what can be asked/responded to.

Like others, I don't see anyone (including myself) using a watch for dictation, phone all that often. Yes a quick reply to text by voice would be cool, but that's about it.

So, as it stands now, the beta Gear Manager is almost as capable as Wear for iOS. In fact it has more features (actual apps and watch faces) and a lot more potential. It really comes down to watch preference. I LOVE my Huawei watch.....but Android Wear swipe cards and finding notifications, just did not do it for me. SGS2 Tizen is miles ahead and the layout and scrolling through what you want to see is the biggest advantage.

I would recommend Gear over Wear simply based on my experience with both in the last 6 months on my iPhone
    Any update on a gear manage app for iOS?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Does any one know if I update it to the latest firmware that is released that's like 70mb if I will be able to downgrade later cuz I wanna check if it will work with the iPhone if I update it.

I've found this on a forum :
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/zgrqh6gikucm5r0/(iTunes)_GearManager1416032201.ipa

It's an iPhone app, I think test version...
    I do not even know if it's not a fake app, but I think no, as it is translated without any error

I've tried, but the app says that I have to upgrade my S2... since I don't have any feedback of this app, I'm not sure I want to upgrade, with the risk of loosing BT connectivity with my iphone...

Does anybody already tested ?

If someone tries, try it at your own risks
    I tried on my iPhone and it works fine.[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
    I've firmware BOKK.

a9c7c69dafc11e56352eaee9374b3f00.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

fa8aabaca405f0e4b253bdd3ed3d64f3.jpg
    Just updated the watch to R732XXU2CPC5, it does not work work with the iPhone (the phone doesn't see the watch).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone