• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Gear S2 Official Ceramic Band

Samsung typically botches accessory releases.

• They do a wonderful job with accessory support.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samsung is the worst.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

hughedee74

Feb 13, 2009
UPDATED BELOW. PLEAE READ!!

http://www.samsung.com/fr/consumer/mobile-devices/accessories/others/ET-SCR73MBEGWW
ET-SCR73MBEGWW-71-0.jpg gear-s2-ceramic-bracelet-1-720x480.jpeg gear-s2-ceramic-bracelet-2.jpeg gear-s2-ceramic-bracelet-4-720x480.jpeg

I've already written to Samsung to bring this awesome accessory to the states. I could only find one European website that would sell it but the prohibitive shipping cost of $90 plus the actual item price makes it a no go.

You can certainly find a ceramic band for the S2 (or even a steel band but it won't match the S2's color scheme), however it'll most definitely have that hideous gap between the watch and the first link. Give Samsung a call or write as well so that maybe in large enough request we can get it over here at a reasonable price sooner rather than later.

Don't waste your time on Ebay, Aliexpress, China Wholesale, DH Gate, Amazon or whatever. They simply do not have anything that will fit. The 20mm fit is rare and if in fact you do buy one, -again-, it'll have that unconvincing tacked on after thought look that you'll see all over in pics on this forum with Gear S2 owners whom are sadly showing off their ill fitting ware. I'd gladly pay a few extra pennies for the svelte look in comparison.

This item has been available mainly in France, Belgium and a couple other countries for approximately 2 months now after the official unveiling back in late January. Let me know if you have any luck. I certainly can't be the only person wanting this super classy band.

BTW the Euro site you can buy in on and still has it in stock if you have the extra cash is (hardware.nl). I'm guessing the total USA dollars would be well over $250. Which would be ridiculous. I reason that if Samsung sold this product through normal official U.S. vessels it'd run about $80. A price that I'm cool with.

UPDATE

If you read through to the following reply post, you'll find that I detailed how I had made the preorder purchase on this original webpage http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wea...ET-SCR73MBEGUJ and that'd I'd give my impressions when I was shipped the item. Sadly this is never going to happen.

The Band apparently turns out to be a myth.
{Keep in mind I've successfully received previously pre-ordered items from Samsung but this one is different and highly suspect. My credit card funds locked into the transaction and withdrawn when the item is shipped is typical, but this one is weird.}
The Original Ceramic band (ET-SCR73MBEGUJ) is now mysteriously missing from Samsung's official site. I had placed my pre-order with no idea on availability. The pre-order buy button was first removed, then the item itself. I just went ahead and canceled my order after logging into my Samsung account and speaking to representatives that have no clue as to what's going on with said product. My pre-order sat in limbo for about a month and a half. It is still listed on Amazon however as a pre-order as well but this has turned out to be a crock of bull. I now doubt that this official band will ever be released in the states.

Anyone knows what gives? Perhaps Samsung didn't get enough orders to make it worth their while, or maybe they somehow said screw it "we'll put our resources into shipping the gear fit 2". Whatever the reason is though, I'm extremely disappointed with how this release has been handled and would be highly skeptical about their commitment to any new product announcements. Supporting any fashion accessory in the future from me is highly unlikely being that I look at Apple and envy all the customization they've released for even their hideous Apple thing. Samsung has had a history of not following through with their products and software. It's time for them to acknowledge this fact and start paying attention to the details and respecting their customers and fans. One that I still am even today but.....

Chat Transcript (Earlier in May)
info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
info: You are now chatting with '#%^&*$ A'. The reference number for this chat is )%^&*%^6. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
#%^&*$ A: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
JD: HI, I'm looking for info on the Samsung Gear S2 Classic Official Ceramic Band ET-SCR73MBEGWW. I've researched everything pertaining to this band but there isn't anything stating when it's going to be available in the U.S.
JD: How can I arrange for a purchase?
#%^&*$ A: Hello.
#%^&*$ A: I would be glad to provide you the information on that.
#%^&*$ A: Let me check the details for you.
JD: Thank you
#%^&*$ A: You are welcome.
#%^&*$ A: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wea...ET-SCR73MBEGUJ
#%^&*$ A: Please go through the above web link to pre order it.
#%^&*$ A: Are you able to access the above web link?
JD: Yes. Excellent. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
#%^&*$ A: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
JD: Great work
#%^&*$ A: Please provide us with your feedback, so we may serve you better by clicking on the blue “X” button to receive the transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey. Have a great day!
#%^&*$ A: We would love hear your comments in the short exit survey.

Last edited:
Reactions: cellphonechris

timeparticles

May 3, 2016
Purchase one

I purchased one on eb Samsung ET-SCR73MBEGWW Ceramic Strap Armband für Gear S2 Classic black. It is almost identical to the cheaper one I got on Eb
kR-NET-Deluxe-Ceramic-Strap

The problem with Ceramic is it will snap easy. I snapped the locking link on new Samsung pushing pin back in. Problem, I ordered it came from Germany. Samsung USA said to call Samsung Germany for replacement...but I do not speak the language.. so at this point money gone so be careful removing links if you import. I have picture but You get the the idea...be careful.. nice band

View attachment 3738389 View attachment 3738412 View attachment 3738413 View attachment 3738414

I've already written to Samsung to bring this awesome accessory to the states. I could only find one European website that would sell it but the prohibitive shipping cost of $90 plus the actual item price makes it a no go.

You can certainly find a ceramic band for the S2 (or even a steel band but it won't match the S2's color scheme), however it'll most definitely have that hideous gap between the watch and the first link. Give Samsung a call or write as well so that maybe in large enough request we can get it over here at a reasonable price sooner rather than later.

Don't waste your time on Ebay, Aliexpress, China Wholesale, DH Gate, Amazon or whatever. They simply do not have anything that will fit. The 20mm fit is rare and if in fact you do buy one, -again-, it'll have that unconvincing tacked on after thought look that you'll see all over in pics on this forum with Gear S2 owners whom are sadly showing off their ill fitting ware. I'd gladly pay a few extra pennies for the svelte look in comparison.

This item has been available mainly in France, Belgium and a couple other countries for approximately 2 months now after the official unveiling back in late January. Let me know if you have any luck. I certainly can't be the only person wanting this super classy band.

BTW the Euro site you can buy in on and still has it in stock if you have the extra cash is (hardware.nl). I'm guessing the total USA dollars would be well over $250. Which would be ridiculous. I reason that if Samsung sold this product through normal official U.S. vessels it'd run about $80. A price that I'm cool with.

hughedee74

Feb 13, 2009
The official ceramic band is now finally available in the U.S. on Samsung's retail .com site for pre-order at $99 plus tax free shipping. It's definitely legitimate. I'd like to think I'm the catalyst to this trigger since I'm the only one harping on this subject but whatever. Rock the band that you feel is worthy.

Placed my order today. Will follow up with an update when I'm shipped the band accessory.

Last edited:

AliceBToklas

Dec 24, 2009
The official ceramic band is now finally available in the U.S. on Samsung's retail .com site for pre-order at $99 plus tax free shipping. It's definitely legitimate. I'd like to think I'm the catalyst to this trigger since I'm the only one harping on this subject but whatever. Rock the band that you feel is worthy.

Placed my order today. Will follow up with an update when I'm shipped the band accessory.

Can you please share a link? I've just spend a little time trying to navigate the Samsung site and came up empty.

hughedee74

Feb 13, 2009
Anyone know if this strap will fit the 4g version of the classic. I see on amazon a lot of bands dont fit the 4g version.

I put an order in for it right away for my 4G model. Initially contacting Samsung as to when if ever the device would be available here in the States after discovering that it had been on the market in Europe for some time. It went up for preorder a few days after my query with the customer service rep not being sure if it would fit my TMobile model. Obviously I'm hoping that it does because this could possibly be a royal waste of time. At the moment I'm waiting for the preorder to be filled. I'll do a follow up to whether it fits the 4G model right away once I have it in hand.

Side note: I highly recommend most guys look into purchasing the 4G model being that it's a bit larger than the Wifi version 44mm vs 40mm (sceen size is the same). To me the Wifi version is way too aesthetically feminine and toy like. My wife has the wifi rose gold model and it's a perfect fit for her, but the 4G model looks silly on her wrist just as the reverse scenario fits for me.

For those that haven't seen the 44mm casing vs 40mm casing side by side, take my word for it, the larger design looks like the more serious device. Fitting for a proper men's wrist.

Last edited:

slyjai

May 18, 2009
Los Angeles
I really hope this watch band will fit my at&t Classic. I saw Amazon had it up as well wish it didnt take 3-4 weeks to ship out, although I can't complain; I am glad it is for sell in the states! Wondering also when the preorder will ship from Samsung.com

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

Mar 5, 2013
New York
I don't know about spending a 100 bucks on this, I would definitely grab it if it was 50 and change. I like the way it looks and hope it comes down in price. I've looked all over for a strap with a bigger connection that fills in the gap and had no luck so far. But anything fancy about ceramic over stainless steel?

ewalk4866

Aug 13, 2010
chicago
Last edited:

hughedee74

Feb 13, 2009
http://www.samsung.com/fr/consumer/mobile-devices/accessories/others/ET-SCR73MBEGWW
View attachment 3738389 View attachment 3738412 View attachment 3738413 View attachment 3738414

The Original Ceramic band (ET-SCR73MBEGUJ) is now mysteriously missing from Samsung's official site. I had placed my pre-order with no idea on availability. The pre-order buy button was first removed, then the item itself. I just went ahead and canceled my order after logging into my Samsung account and speaking to representatives that have no clue as to what's going on with said product. My pre-order sat in limbo for about a month and a half. It is still listed on Amazon however as a pre-order as well but this has turned out to be a crock of bull. I now doubt that this official band will ever be released in the states.

Anyone knows what gives? Perhaps Samsung didn't get enough orders to make it worth their while, or maybe they somehow said screw it "we'll put our resources into shipping the gear fit 2". Whatever the reason is though, I'm extremely disappointed with how this release has been handled and would be highly skeptical about their commitment to any new product announcements. Supporting any fashion accessory in the future from me is highly unlikely being that I look at Apple and envy all the customization they've released for even their hideous Apple thing. Samsung has had a history of not following through with their products and software. It's time for them to acknowledge this fact and start paying attention to the details and respecting their customers and fans. One that I still am even today but.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED BELOW. PLEAE READ!!

ET-SCR73MBEGWW-71-0.jpg gear-s2-ceramic-bracelet-1-720x480.jpeg gear-s2-ceramic-bracelet-2.jpeg gear-s2-ceramic-bracelet-4-720x480.jpeg

UPDATE

If you read through to the following reply post, you'll find that I detailed how I had made the preorder purchase on this original webpage http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wea...ET-SCR73MBEGUJ and that'd I'd give my impressions when I was shipped the item. Sadly this is never going to happen.

{Keep in mind I've successfully received previously pre-ordered items from Samsung but this one is different and highly suspect. My credit card funds locked into the transaction and withdrawn when the item is shipped is typical, but this one is weird.}

Chat Transcript (Earlier in May)
    info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
    info: You are now chatting with '#%^&*$ A'. The reference number for this chat is )%^&*%^6. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
    #%^&*$ A: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
    JD: HI, I'm looking for info on the Samsung Gear S2 Classic Official Ceramic Band ET-SCR73MBEGWW. I've researched everything pertaining to this band but there isn't anything stating when it's going to be available in the U.S.
    JD: How can I arrange for a purchase?
    #%^&*$ A: Hello.
    #%^&*$ A: I would be glad to provide you the information on that.
    #%^&*$ A: Let me check the details for you.
    JD: Thank you
    #%^&*$ A: You are welcome.
    #%^&*$ A: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wea...ET-SCR73MBEGUJ
    #%^&*$ A: Please go through the above web link to pre order it.
    #%^&*$ A: Are you able to access the above web link?
    JD: Yes. Excellent. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
    #%^&*$ A: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    JD: Great work
    #%^&*$ A: Please provide us with your feedback, so we may serve you better by clicking on the blue “X” button to receive the transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey. Have a great day!
    #%^&*$ A: We would love hear your comments in the short exit survey.
    Can you please share a link? I've just spend a little time trying to navigate the Samsung site and came up empty.
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wearable-tech-accessories/ET-SCR73MBEGUJ
    ET-SCR73MBEGUJ Samsung Ceramic Band S2 gear Classic

Now missing from Amazon's site too. Or stating that it's currently available. Without selling a single unit. Always was listed as shipping in 1 to 2 months.

Not a myth I had one, it broke at lock clasp. I sent it back to Samsung for replacement. They do not think they have any to replace with now. Waiting on email from Samsung on shipping one back or finding mine. I will post. My assumption is that they break to easy and will never be sold here in US. I have the K-NET version and is is just as nice . The clasp lock releases stick out a little further than Samsung OEM and the hinge and lock buttons are not coated. Looks and is the same weight as OEM. Besides They are releasing a new gear in months and never have been good on maintaining there previous years anything.. They market sell then move on..... no support. Try and buy a note 4 accessory from the site now ......limited
    Bad news Samsung band

Update: they sent me a rubber gear s2 band as a replacement. I spent over 5 hours on the phone and finally they said we need a receipt...lol even after acknowledging and sending me the wrong band. I ask for mine back and they said they had lost it. I told them if i didn't receive my band back in short order I would file a legal claim in the amount of the band. I received it back thrown in a box in 2 days. OMG what a sham... 2 months waiting. I spoke with accessory manager in Texas and they never received any or have any to replace mine with. Only one link damaged of course its the link connecting to locking clasp. So I checked in Europe. NZ... has but will not ship here..now they out of stock. I guess I will post mine on eBay the replacement links would be gold to someone that needed.they will never be available..Any one that has one needing a link hit me up by email.
    Hey guys, if anyone is still interested in getting one of these mystical unicorns, look up Rack85 & search "ceramic." You will be pleasantly surprised.
    I got mine yesterday & despite the fact that the proprietary link (the one that makes it different to all other ceramic bands) doesn't quite sit flush with the horns/lugs, I'm 99.99% sure that they are the genuine article. My S2 Classic is a 4G model so I'm assuming that the size increase of 2mm to allow for the e-Sim, speaker & GPS is the cause. Indeed, that is roughly the distance it sits lower anyway so that is my working theory.
    They are literally dirt cheap too! I paid $83 AUD for it including shipping so get on it fast & happy shopping.
    I would post photos but I dont know how? I did a review on the FB Samsung Gear S2/S3/Sport page if you do want to see pics anyway?

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

You can find my review & associated photos here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1636837596567759/