[Gear S3 Owners - Show Your Straps]

Search This thread

big_redfox

Aug 20, 2007
I bought a metal band on Ebay for about $8 including shipping from China. It came within 2 weeks and the quality is extremely good. It came with the gadget to disable the band also (to shorten it). Only problem for me is my wrist size that one link more is too loose and one link less is too tight.

Mario387

Mar 21, 2009
I'm using a milanese band with magnetic lock. Never looked back. You can set it to wat you want. Look it up.

HDCowboy

Dec 20, 2011
Having at tough time picking out a good band for this thing, just bought the watch last week and already ordered a cheap nylon velcro band on Amazon, (gotta love that free 2 day shipping) which I must admit I like a lot, it kind of reminds me of the Sport Strap brand band I have for my Timex Expedition........

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CJQCLGZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71VhJhyfnBL._SL1000_.jpg

but thinking about ordering a hand made wider leather one off of Etsy also, seems it might fit such a large watch a little better to me, but I'm having a tough choice picking between these two...........

https://www.etsy.com/listing/511706...handmade-vintage?ref=search_recently_viewed-3

il_570xN.1188127123_tayr.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/605210...-strap-for-watch?ref=search_recently_viewed-3

il_570xN.1473911578_3zqz.jpg

The more I look at the bottom one the more tempted I am to purchase it, I'm kind of wondering if it looks too "Village People"ish though (if you get my drift) and its also kind of damn expensive! They also sell the top one in black, but I kind of like the brown weathered look on that one better myself! What do you guys think???

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

So how comfortable is a band that wide anyhow? It kind of looks like the one I'm looking at.

Last edited:

Utorrent76

Oct 23, 2010
Sup, yeah it's not too bad. I pair it with some of my other watches I have too. I'm really digging that last one you're looking @! Really like the look of it, not to crazy about the price tag though. Looks high quality though, should last you a while. I only paid about $30 for mine & it's holding up pretty well. For $130 you should be able to hand that thing down to your grandson some day.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: HDCowboy

HDCowboy

Dec 20, 2011
So you have a link to the one you bought for $30? I'm all about saving a buck, hell I picked up the watch for $215 open box on Amazon! Both bands look very similar and I'd imagine all you would have to do to get the heart rate sensor working with it is to punch a hole in back of it with some kind of leather puncher, judging from the description of the one on Etsy, its sounds like what that guy did! That or you can just cut a hole with an X-Acto knife and it ought to work!

Utorrent76

Oct 23, 2010
I'll try looking for it to post a link. I actually don't use the heart rate monitor so it doesn't bother me.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Couldn't get the link to work but just type this in on Amazon, it's actually $23 now. FLBB 51mm Faded Wide XL Stitched Patent Leather Black Watch Bracelet.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Here you go. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=...+Stitched+Patent+Leather+Black+Watch+Bracelet

Reactions: HDCowboy

Rajesh.b

Aug 6, 2009
Hyderabad
I bought this on eBay. It's been a long time and little lightweight but good quality though.

Attachments

• 20171202_113525.jpg
    20171202_113525.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 531

HDCowboy

Dec 20, 2011
Sup, yeah it's not too bad. I pair it with some of my other watches I have too. I'm really digging that last one you're looking @! Really like the look of it, not to crazy about the price tag though. Looks high quality though, should last you a while. I only paid about $30 for mine & it's holding up pretty well. For $130 you should be able to hand that thing down to your grandson some day.

Received the band from Amazon last week, while installing it on the watch the thin leather strap that wraps around the watch pins and snaps onto the band, stretched terribly and the round holes where it snaps where all elongated one one side, it still worked well just felt kind cheap and don't think it will last long. After further thinking and emailing the dude on Etsy back and forth I got him down to a $100 shipped on his wide leather band so I went ahead and ordered one of those also. Didn't want to mention nothing till he actually shipped it out but will leave a review once I receive it. Hopefully it will be worth it but we will see, good to know you can talk those Etsy dealers down a little when they ask to much, he also lowered his regular price down 10% from $130 to S121.50.

Last edited:

Utorrent76

Oct 23, 2010
Received the band from Amazon last week, while installing it on the watch the thin leather strap that wraps around the watch pins and snaps onto the band, stretched terribly and the round holes where it snaps where all elongated one one side, it still worked well just felt kind cheap and don't think it will last long. After further thinking and emailing the dude on Etsy back and forth I got him down to a $100 shipped on his wide leather band so I went ahead and ordered one of those also. Didn't want to mention nothing till he actually shipped it out but will leave a review once I receive it. Hopefully it will be worth it but we will see, good to know you can talk those Etsy dealers down a little when they ask to much, he also lowered his regular price from $130 to S117.
Damn, that's a real bummer dude! Let me know when you receive the other one, really interested in seeing what $100 get ya.

Army_Spec_Ops

May 2, 2010
Salem, OR
I have the Frontier and just ordered a blaze orange strap but I had a question for you guys. Has an guy one seen a military style strap with a flap that velcros over the face? Used to have one for my G Shock and have been curious if there was one for the Gear s3

HDCowboy

Dec 20, 2011
Well, finally got the band from Etsy and I must say it's pretty nice! Came in a wooden box and its made out of nice thick leather, it was a bugger get the pins in though and connecting it to the watch. I was just about giving up as the holes in the band where the pins slipped in were about three times wider than the pin itself and every time I got one side in and started on the other side kept slipping and sliding and never could get it in between the bracket on the watch where the pin sit. Finally got the idea of cutting down a plastic toothpick to the same width as the band and figured it would make it more steady with it against the pin, wound up using 2 cut down tooth picks in the each end inside the same hole where the pin fit in the band and the pins snapped in easily and pushed them back out after connecting it with a little teeny tiny screwdriver afterwards. Was curious as to whether the heart rate sensor would work as the watch sit about 1/8 to a 1/4 inch away from your skin as the leather was so wide but it worked and it also worked in the charger, Was it worth 5 times more than a $20 band? It's awful nice but that's subject to ones own personal preferences, I don't have any regrets buying it though!! Hell as much as I spent on the watch might as well have a nice band to go with it!! Here's a few pics...........

Attachments

• Band1.jpg
    Band1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 952
  • Band2.jpg
    Band2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 939
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 924
  • Pic4.jpg
    Pic4.jpg