Gear VR support on A50?

Search This thread

andreas965

Nov 20, 2010
Anyone know if the A50 supports Gear VR? I’ve checked the Samsung page and I know it’s not listed as a supported device but since the S10 is also missing I’m not sure how up to date it is. Thanks a million!

androidisking2017

Nov 23, 2017
As you mentioned that you connected your Galaxy A50 and nothing happened. My question to you is does the Galaxy A50 fits in? My point is what if the A50 fits in and suppose i don't want to use gear vr's sensors, nothing at all. I want to put my mobile the gear vr doesnt work by connecting that's okay. But if it fits and if we can see through the lenses and it works in offline mode? I.e. no sensors using, no battery using, device is attached there and you are watching vr video? Will that work? Please try that hack and update me. I am dying to buy Gear Vr fir my Galaxy A50 which has video playback resolution support of 4K @120fps as same as Galaxy flagship S10.

Thanks

ghost.josh

Jun 20, 2019
hello, i have both the gear vr, and a galaxy a50. ive messaged samsung/called them, etc, and they all say it is mot supported. however, the a50 does sort of fit in the gear vr, the connector i have is a little rounded, so it doesnt entirely fit in all the way down. the mouse pad on the gear itself does actually function for me, and so does motion tracking. i did also manage to sideload an apk for the occulus store after some digging. most apps/games do work with a regular gamepad. i have issues with minecraft for the gear showing dounle vision. also, anytime i try to connect the gear vr controller included with the headset, the app crashes. so, it does KIND OF work. you can force it to. its not optimal, however.

Top Liked Posts