Gear Watch Designer

Search This thread

patrick.pilcher

Dec 11, 2007
Im loving the gear watch designer - it is simple powerful and flexible. What it isnt yet is stable.

While the crashes are to be expected with it being a BETA, I have one issue that is just bizarre - I have designed several watch faces and they've run fine in gear watch designer (I cannot for get my gear S2 connected to designer for love nor money), but have been rejected in the store as their watchface background has been black and blank, even though hands and complications display. Has anyone else had this issue? how did you get around it? Most of my watch faces have been fine but it is incredibly frustrating....

LauCass

Sep 13, 2010
Marseille
I also got the same black background issue and it looks like it's related to a bug in GWD when I define actions to change the watchface background (several backgrounds in my watches). I noticed that if I update the default background (just reselect the image) before building the app, it fixes the problem. So I just take care to do this before building the final version to publish on the store and check on my S2 that the background is correctly displayed.

Last edited: