• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GearCM][i9500][6.0.x] Optimized CyanogenMod 13.0 for Samsung Galaxy S4 [20161203]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sohailss111

Sep 5, 2013
For those of you who worry about battery drain at standby, try I9500XXUHOG2 baseband, I'm using it, remarkable standby battery performance.
You can find it in optimized GearCM 12.1 main thread.
Hey LeoYL. I will also try and flash this modem. But in numerical value, how better is it than the I9500DDUHOA1 modem (I'm currently using that).
Also, will it cause any problems?

Skrillex2911

Nov 18, 2014
Guanare
Hey LeoYL. I will also try and flash this modem. But in numerical value, how better is it than the I9500DDUHOA1 modem (I'm currently using that).
Also, will it cause any problems?

Use OL1 Módem. Its latest lollipop Módem. @Alberto96 it would be too crazy to ask if there is any posibility of lollipop or marshmallow PURE AOSP on our devices? I mean i saw a aosp but it is 4.4.

ahmaddude007

Mar 8, 2016
mobile data is not working like thiz ///!

mobile data is not working and not opnening any site not evan google chrome and no playstore working becuase of mobile data only wifi is working please do something i like your work very much

Anni SP

Mar 12, 2014
Punjab
mobile data is not working and not opnening any site not evan google chrome and no playstore working becuase of mobile data only wifi is working please do something i like your work very much

Its working perfect here :eek: Have you installed any modem? i am in stock modem which comes with the package ;) May be your carrier problem :confused:

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I think normal mode

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

I can't hear nobody when I call or revive a call I'm using UHOG2 modem

Its your modem problem at your area probably :confused: Check if the problem comes with the stock modem or not or You should try orignal stock modem that comes with your lollipop the "modem.bin" file :good:

ahmaddude007

Mar 8, 2016
mobile data is not working

i installed both I9500XXUHOD4 LL Modem, I9500DDUHOA1 LL Modem
but still not open any site playstore browser and my carrier works fine on another mobile
but in I9500 its showing connection timed out but whenever i open with wifi so playstore browser open works fine
plz find some option plzzz :(

Last edited:

Anni SP

Mar 12, 2014
Punjab
on mobile data i cant open any site and not even playstore so it means on mobile data net will not open!
but i use wifi so all sites and playstore open
please do something :( my model no I9500 this is indian mobile plz plz plz help me out !!

Bhai main v india se hoon and mobile data is working perfect send me a screenshot of your about phone :good:

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

i installed both I9500XXUHOD4 LL Modem, I9500DDUHOA1 LL Modem
but still not open any site playstore browser and my carrier works fine on another mobile
but in I9500 its showing connection timed out but whenever i open with wifi so playstore browser open works fine
plz find some option plzzz :(

Ok bro i have got your problem open setting > Mobile network and setting > Access point names
See that it is empty ? :confused:

ahmaddude007

Mar 8, 2016
heheh ohh bhai i didnt knw that srry for my bad english :)
Screenshot_20160308-212257.png

Screenshot_20160308-212347.png

Anni SP

Mar 12, 2014
Punjab
heheh ohh bhai i didnt knw that srry for my bad english :)
View attachment 3675165

View attachment 3675166

Bro Your access point is empty so your mobile network would not be working. Put the sim in another device see the access point names take a screen shot now put your sim card in gti9500 and now add an APN by clicking on + sign and fill the APN by your screen shot save it and reboot the device it will 100% work ;)
Hit the like button if i helped you :good:

Reactions: ahmaddude007

Anni SP

Mar 12, 2014
Punjab
no bhai its showing this see
screen shot View attachment 3675173

I also have airtel it will not work with airtel Live. Put that sim in another android watch the APN

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

My phone is getting really very hot.the CPU temp exceeds 70 C.how can I prevent my phone from heating too much.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

By not using it :p Sorrymate its normal, moreovr you can download kernel auditor at lower the cpu frequenc to 12000MHZ. :laugh:

gp545

Jul 7, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
I also have airtel it will not work with airtel Live. Put that sim in another android watch the APN

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

By not using it[emoji14]Sorrymate its normal, moreovr you can download kernel auditor at lower the cpu frequenc to 12000MHZ. :laugh:
Just add an apn manually
Fill name field with 'Airtel GPRS'
APN 'airtelgprs.com'

Leave rest of the field as it is and save APN.. Use this one as default.. Done..

P.S: While editing APN please leave (') marks..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use this thread =>http://goo.gl/6kTvJu for questions or discussions.

Only Bug Reports & Feedbacks are allowed here. Penalty: Post Removal by Moderators

wwn7SVv.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

ROM Downloads

All not-working RenderServer hosted files can be found here: https://androidfilehost.com/user/?w=settings-dev-files&flid=50874

<< Stable >>

20161203 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=601300970940399905

<< Misc. (Modem & Recovery) >>

GearRecovery (based on TWRP Recovery) 20160220: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759883765 <= Highly Recommended

I9500XXUHOD4 LL Modem: https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs...s And Bootloaders/I9500-XXUHOD4-MODEM_CWM.zip <= Russian Modem, Recommended

I9500DDUHOA1 LL Modem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3165311&d=1423927137 <= Indian Modem, use it if you're experiencing problems with Russian variant

Previous Releases:

Google Apps (add-on)

http://opengapps.org/ <== Recommended <> Micro/Mini Modular Package. Do not choose Stock

Installation

3-button-combo = "Volume Up/+" + "Home/Center" + "Power/Lock"

- First time flashing GearCM 13.0 to your Galaxy S4 (or coming from TouchWiz/Stock Based ROMs)?
    1. Root your device and install latest GearRecovery
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard
    6. Optionally install Google Addon
    7. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)
    - Upgrading from Official CM10.2/CM11/CM12/CM12.1 or GearCM 11/12/12.1?
    1. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    2. Do a Backup!
    3. Install latest GearRecovery
    4. Reboot into new Recovery using 3-button-combo (if needed)
    5. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
    6. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard
    7. Optionally install the Google Addon
    8. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)
    - Upgrading from another build of GearCM 13.0?
    1. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    2. Do a Backup!
    3. Install latest GearRecovery
    4. Reboot into new Recovery using 3-button-combo (if needed)
    5. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard
    6. WIPE Dalvik/ART Cache (wipe cache partition + wipe dalvik cache)
    7. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)

Known Issues (regarding latest available build)
    Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
    • Audio HAL isn't working correctly, causing VOIP issues, HDMI audio instabilities and mixer paths conflicts
    • STK Toolkit isn't working yet, SMSs aren't properly sent (RIL issue)
    • SELinux policies are almost complete, with just some minor missing rules
    • Wireless Display (or Miracast if you like) stream is corrupted, buffer issues
    • Adoptable Storage isn't stable, crashes while encrypting the external storage (Kernel Panic). Read Here: http://goo.gl/0w6DPt
    • Device Encryption isn't stable for the same issue that affects Adoptable Storage

Reporting Bugs

First of all, read this: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband) version:
    GearCM version:
    GearCM download url:
    Google Apps version:

Did you--
    wipe data/factory reset:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance Settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:
    Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Changelog

20161203:
    • Updated CM Sources
    • All missing features (that i have accidentally removed in the previous build) are back
    • Some Audio HAL stability improvements
    • Removed that dangerous Soft Reboot option
    • KERNEL: some updates here and there
    • Check my GearCM Github for more information

Previous Releases:

20160828:
    • Updated CM Sources (nice improvements are here)
    • Added new features for Screen Power Saving, play with LiveDisplay settings!
    • Enabled HDMI CEC support
    • Wireless Display & Screen Recording should work better now, but nothing guaranteed

20160711:
    • Updated CM Sources
    • Improved built-in Camera Latency with Flashlight
    • KERNEL: Fixed Battery Capacity

20160710:
    • Switched to Stable Release
    • Updated CM Sources
    • Fixed Wireless Display (even if not completely)
    • Fixed random Graphics Glitches
    • Fixed WiFi issues
    • Fixed Battery Drain
    • Fixed Camera Instabilities (no more crashes)
    • SELinux is now enabled, but on permissive mode.
    • DRM-dependent apps should be working fine now
    • Maxed Out ART Runtime Performance
    • OTA Updates are back, but with download links (AndroidFileHost limit)
    • Adoptable Storage is now working, but unstable. "Known Issues" explains why
    • Optimized Network Performance (WiFI & 3G)
    • Restored Android Marshmallow Doze Mode (power-saving)
    • Using latest INU OK2 proprietaries
    • KERNEL: switched to a whole new, and stabler, kernel
    • KERNEL: using latest INU OK2 kernel sources
    • KERNEL: enabled all features that might be required by some apps

20160502:
    • No Changelog provided yet, will be added soon.

20160101:
    • First Release (Alpha)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GearCM][i9500][6.0.x] Optimized CyanogenMod 13.0 for Samsung Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    Alberto96, NBruderman, intervigil, codeworkx
    Source Code: https://github.com/GearCM

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Modem, TWRP or GearRecovery, and a working brain to manage GearCM features :)
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20161203
    Stable Release Date: 2016-12-03
    Current Beta Version: 20160502
    Beta Release Date: 2016-05-02

Created 2016-01-01
    Last Updated 2016-12-03
    NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE

Android Nougat Current Status (20170401)

WORKING:

- Audio
    - Bluetooth
    - Calls (including Caller ID)
    - Camera (Photos & Videos)
    - GPS
    - GPU (OpenGL and UI Acceleration)
    - HW Codecs
    - NFC
    - Lights (LED and brightness)
    - Touchscreen
    - RIL (Telephony and SMS)
    - Sensors (Accelerometer and Proximity, others not tested)
    - USB Connection (ADB & MTP)
    - WiFi

NOT WORKING:

- Security Barriers (including SELinux)
    - Probably something else I forgot.

NEEDS IMPROVEMENTS:

- Audio Routing (already rewritten, but needs to be improved a bit)

Probably ready for a public BETA release. Coming Soon.
    Android Nougat Current Status (20160317)

WORKING:

- WiFi
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - GPU
    - Touchscreen
    - Audio (at least the basics)

NOT WORKING:

- RIL (Telephony)
    - GPS
    - Security Barriers
    - Camera
    - HW Codecs

I'm starting from scratch in order to get Official LineageOS support so this will take a long while.
    It's a long time since i release another build, so....here is it!

20160502: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24531172553916653

I have just Updated CM Sources and added some little fixes here and there, nothing special.

It has been tested on my Device (but without MicroSD, it should boot with though), it boots and all seems to work.

Enjoy :)
    Android Nougat Current Status (20170319)

WORKING:

- Audio
    - Bluetooth
    - Camera (stable)
    - GPS
    - GPU (OpenGL and UI Acceleration)
    - HW Codecs
    - NFC
    - Touchscreen
    - RIL (Telephony and SMS)
    - Sensors (Accelerometer and Proximity, others not tested)
    - USB Connection (ADB & MTP)
    - WiFi

NOT WORKING:

- Caller ID (this bug is weird, never happened before)
    - Security Barriers (including SELinux)

NEEDS IMPROVEMENTS:

- Audio Routing (needs to be rewritten from scratch)

As soon as i finish to reorganize all changes i made, i will release an ALPHA build. Again, no ETA, no Testers Required, and, before you ask me, this will be a Pure LineageOS build, no more GearCM or GearLineage, my plan is to make all changes compatible with the Official LineageOS guidelines. As already said, this will take time, so i plan to release this as UNOFFICIAL first, but i will do my best to get everything OFFICIAL.

Also, if there are Chinese Devs (with the Dual SIM variant) and Korean Devs (with the other more powerful variant), please leave me a PM. I plan to make this ROM compatible with all variants (of course each variant will get its own build, but a common repo will be created for all exynos5410 devices).

Stay Tuned!