[GearCM][NAND|S85xx][4.4.4] Optimized CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Wave I/II [20151129]

Search This thread

sebastianl

Aug 20, 2015
sldesign.xcl.pl
Hi again. I have some problem with starting application like chrome, firefox, GPS navigation Sygic. After download .apk on PC and copy to my phone internal storage, i installing them correctly, but when i try start them, unfortunatley appear text example: "Chrome failed during startup with an unexpected error".

I try use "Force stoop, Clear data" in App info but it not work i also check permission and it seems set correctly i try also another version apk. Next what i do, im instal GAAPS on my phone and then download->instal .apk through google play. After this application start running, but OS slowing so i disable Google Play Store but, still OS working little slow ( so probably i reinstal soon OS whithout GAPPS ).

Any idea why i can't start some aplication when i download them on PC from exmaple "apk-dl.com" and after copying, install from phone using "file manager" ?

Last edited:

Gyulánk

Aug 20, 2015
Today i have lost my money on phone, and when i called somebody they tell me to I push the # if i want sending a recall invitation.
But when i push the keyboard icon, just [1] [2] [3] number show me, the other switch like [#] stayed down like under the phone with ~2cm hide.
And the other thing that i can't using the real switches for calling up or down. But the real switches is the fastest.

ice_ice

May 11, 2012
www.youtube.com

Press Back and click on keypad again (try and report )
@Renth @Alberto96

Bug report On installing Gapps :

Users who install Gapps directly after installing the ROM , can't start using the ROM correctly .
What does happen is that the ROM has its own setup wizard where it shows you Basic stuffs in luncher , and so do the Gapps ,
the two starting setupwizard can't work together and at start and Gapps wizard will keep crashing over and over

Solution : is to install the ROM , Reboot to system , go through the setup wizards .
then reboot to recovery and install the Gapps .

Unless Mr Alberto96 has another saying . :angel:

deepamn

Aug 27, 2015
unable to install

dgz46WE.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.x (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

ROM Downloads

<< Stable >>

20150816 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347795005

SuperSU Flashable ZIP (needs to be installed separately): https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

Previous Releases:

20150814 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fi...ww.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347792055

Google Apps (add-on)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934548318 <== Avoid to install any Google Apps, but if you really need them this is the recommended package

Installation

3-button-combo = "Volume Up/+" + "Home/Center" + "Power/Lock"

- First time flashing GearCM 11 to your Samsung Wave (or coming from other Android ROMs)?
  1. Download and flash latest available Bada 2.0 for your device (Google will be your best friend in this case)
  2. Download BOOTFILES, Kernel and FOTA for your device
  3. Flash BOOTFILES, "start" kernel and FOTA using Multiloader
  4. After Reboot device will automatically boot into recovery
  5. Follow this procedure: Advanced -> Terminal Command -> Select -> Type "sh partition.sh"
  6. Wait until on screen you see "Partitions had been prepared"
  7. Follow this procedure: Back -> Back -> Back -> Reboot -> Recovery -> Swipe to Reboot
  8. After Reboot, device will boot again into recovery
  9. Now you can copy GearCM Flashable ZIP & SuperSU into Internal or External Storage using MTP (Internal/External) or using USB Storage (Only External) <= Check if USB Storage/MTP is enabled in "Mount" menu.
  10. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
  11. Wait for about 10 minutes until "Reboot System" button is showed
  12. Install SuperSU from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
  13. Optionally install Google Addon ("Go Back", "Install"....)
  14. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)
- Upgrading from another build of GearCM 11?
  1. Reboot into Recovery using 2-button-combo [Volume Up + Power/End]
  2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  3. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
  4. Wait for about 10 minutes until "Reboot System" button is showed
  5. Install SuperSU from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
  6. Wipe Dalvik & Cache.
  7. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)

Differences from Standard CyanogenMod
  • ROM & Kernel are compiled using highest available optimization flags in order to obtain maximum performance
  • Removed useless and RAM-Hungry apps such as WhisperPush
  • Optimized Dalvik VM for low-ram and uniprocessor devices
  • Optimized system DBs access (SQL Optimizations)
  • System & Userdata partitions are using F2FS instead of EXT4 to get maximum performance from NAND Storage
  • Device Tree and Kernel have been enhanced and corrected in order to obtain maximum performance from our device
  • seLinux doesn't exist here. It's useless on low-end and slow devices
  • Pre-Odexed to reduce first boot time
  • Removed TV Out support
  • Many other performance improvements that i don't remember

Known Issues (regarding latest available Stable build)
Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
  • Built-in Sound Recorder crashes if File Type is set to WAV (seems CM sources bug)
  • Bad Call Quality while on 2G (GPRS & EDGE) Networks (probably related to AMR_WB)
  • Dynamic Switching between 2G (GPRS & EDGE) & 3G (UMTS & HSDPA) doesn't work (it is recommended to use 3G Only mode)
  • Rarely, some SIM Cards won't be able to register any network.
  • Conference Calls feature doesn't work yet.

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Radio (baseband) version:
GearCM version:
GearCM download url:
Google Apps version:

Did you--
wipe data/factory reset:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance Settings (other than stock):
other modifications:
Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Changelog

20150816:
  • Fixed Random Shutdowns when Battery Temperature is too high
  • Improved Performance & Smoothness

Previous Releases:

20150814:
  • Fixed Random Reboots
  • Reduced RAM Usage (just a bit)
  • Disabled KSM by default
  • Improved Screen-On/Screen-Off latency

20150811:
  • First Release

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[GearCM][NAND|S85xx][4.4.4] Optimized CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Wave I/II, ROM for the Samsung Bada OS

Contributors
Alberto96, Volk204, Rebellos
Source Code: https://github.com/GearCM

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 20150816
Stable Release Date: 2015-08-16

Created 2015-08-11
Last Updated 2015-08-20
i have successfully installed twrp but i am unable to install zip , it shows searching for MD5 then skipping MD5 then it reboots to recovery , also i am unable to mount internal storage my pc only shows external sd card while mounted in recovery mode. i keep getting error "please insert last disk of multi-volume set press OK to continue". please help me . thanks in advance .

ice_ice

May 11, 2012
www.youtube.com
i have successfully installed twrp but i am unable to install zip , it shows searching for MD5 then skipping MD5 then it reboots to recovery , also i am unable to mount internal storage my pc only shows external sd card while mounted in recovery mode. i keep getting error "please insert last disk of multi-volume set press OK to continue". please help me . thanks in advance .

Same procedure as Omni lollipop :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkL61kVKLmg

deepamn

Aug 27, 2015
not going to download mode

re-downloading and installing zip didn't helped . i was stuck at 'device is busy' for 10 minute so removed the battery now i was stuck at boot loop . so i downloaded stock bada2.0 to retry . but when i rebooted phone to downloaded mode to install bada via multiloader suddenly it again started going to boot loop from download mode , now it is not going to download mode it is stuck in boot loop. any solution???

ice_ice

May 11, 2012
www.youtube.com
re-downloading and installing zip didn't helped . i was stuck at 'device is busy' for 10 minute so removed the battery now i was stuck at boot loop . so i downloaded stock bada2.0 to retry . but when i rebooted phone to downloaded mode to install bada via multiloader suddenly it again started going to boot loop from download mode , now it is not going to download mode it is stuck in boot loop. any solution???

every thing you need is posted , search and find it

i'm tired of repeating answering the same thing over and over

deepamn

Aug 27, 2015
don't reply then

every thing you need is posted , search and find it

i'm tired of repeating answering the same thing over and over

i am not forcing you to answer . there might be someone else who faced same problem and might have found a proper solution . You don't need to be so rude.

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
i am not forcing you to answer . there might be someone else who faced same problem and might have found a proper solution . You don't need to be so rude.

He isn't rude, you must read the whole thread before posting something, so YOU are forcing him to write this "hard" post.

Also, quoting the whole first post isn't allowed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ice_ice

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Hi again. I have some problem with starting application like chrome, firefox, GPS navigation Sygic. After download .apk on PC and copy to my phone internal storage, i installing them correctly, but when i try start them, unfortunatley appear text example: "Chrome failed during startup with an unexpected error".

I try use "Force stoop, Clear data" in App info but it not work i also check permission and it seems set correctly i try also another version apk. Next what i do, im instal GAAPS on my phone and then download->instal .apk through google play. After this application start running, but OS very slowing so i disable Google Play Store but, still OS working slow ( so probably i reinstal soon OS whithout GAPPS ).

Any idea why i can't start some aplication when i download them on PC from exmaple "apk-dl.com" and after copying, install from phone using "file manager" ?

You just need to search another APK and be sure that it works on KK, and not only on LL.

Press Back and click on keypad again (try and report )

@Renth @Alberto96

Bug report On installing Gapps :

Users who install Gapps directly after installing the ROM , can't start using the ROM correctly .
What does happen is that the ROM has its own setup wizard where it shows you Basic stuffs in luncher , and so do the Gapps ,
the two starting setupwizard can't work together and at start and Gapps wizard will keep crashing over and over

Solution : is to install the ROM , Reboot to system , go through the setup wizards .
then reboot to recovery and install the Gapps .

Unless Mr Alberto96 has another saying . :angel:

I made the Google Apps installation harder so that you can avoid to install it :silly:

Reactions: ice_ice

ice_ice

May 11, 2012
www.youtube.com
On CPU governors :

Observation :
Using the "on demand" is better for speed , CPU jump to max frequency with no latency
On "interactive" , i'm really lost , it was supposed to alow CPU to go to max Freq with more ease , compared with "on demand" , but phone is really slow and lag executing heavy tasks

Mr alberto96 , can you check the setting in "interactive" govenors , maybe some thing need to change there . also for battery life

On battery life i get around 0.5%/h in difference between the 2 governors on standby (about 20 hours) , max freq set at 1200 mhz

i tried reading some article here and there but can't get a definitive answer ; do you think "on demand" is best as default .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/general/ref-kernel-governors-modules-o-t1369817

Last edited:
Reactions: EthanWallace

Renth

May 1, 2012
Still struggeling with it. Reinstalled it preceeded by a full Bada 2.0 flash. This time everything is working fine but I have a new problem: Text typing via swype does not work at all. According to clean GearCM installation everything is activated for it (last time it worked fine for me but I suffered from other problems).

It even shows the trace of my finger moving along the letters but they are not recognized. You can see it here the settings are activated as shown here.

Any idea on that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dgz46WE.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.x (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

ROM Downloads

<< Stable >>

20151129 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087007316

SuperSU Flashable ZIP (needs to be installed separately): https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

Previous Releases:

20150816 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347795005

20150814 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fi...ww.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347792055

Google Apps (add-on)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934548318 <== Avoid to install any Google Apps, but if you really need them this is the recommended package

Installation

3-button-combo = "Volume Up/+" + "Home/Center" + "Power/Lock"

- First time flashing GearCM 11 to your Samsung Wave (or coming from other Android ROMs, including older GearCM releases)?
    1. Download and flash latest available Bada 2.0 for your device (Google will be your best friend in this case)
    2. Download BOOTFILES, Kernel and FOTA for your device
    3. Flash BOOTFILES, "start" kernel and FOTA using Multiloader
    4. After Reboot device will automatically boot into recovery
    5. Follow this procedure: Advanced -> Terminal Command -> Select -> Type "sh partition.sh"
    6. Wait until on screen you see "Partitions had been prepared"
    7. Follow this procedure: Back -> Back -> Back -> Reboot -> Recovery -> Swipe to Reboot
    8. After Reboot, device will boot again into recovery
    9. Now you can copy GearCM Flashable ZIP & SuperSU into Internal or External Storage using MTP (Internal/External) or using USB Storage (Only External) <= Check if USB Storage/MTP is enabled in "Mount" menu.
    10. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    11. Wait for about 10 minutes until "Reboot System" button is showed
    12. Install SuperSU from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    13. Optionally install Google Addon ("Go Back", "Install"....)
    14. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)
    - Upgrading from another build of GearCM 11? (not valid if upgrading to 20151129 build)
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    4. Wait for about 10 minutes until "Reboot System" button is showed
    5. Install SuperSU from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    6. Wipe Dalvik & Cache.
    7. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)

Differences from Standard CyanogenMod
    • ROM & Kernel are compiled using newest sources and improvements
    • Removed Useless and RAM-Hungry apps such as VoicePlus & CMUpdater
    • Optimized Dalvik VM for low-ram and uniprocessor devices
    • Optimized system DBs access (SQL Optimizations)
    • System & Userdata partitions are using F2FS instead of EXT4 to get maximum performance from NAND Storage
    • Device Tree and Kernel have been enhanced and corrected in order to obtain maximum performance from our device
    • SELinux has been disabled to avoid issues
    • Pre-Odexed to reduce first boot time
    • Removed TV Out support (RAM-Hungry and hacky)
    • Many other performance improvements that i don't remember

Known Issues (regarding latest available Stable build)
    Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
    • Built-in Sound Recorder crashes if File Type is set to WAV (seems CM sources bug)
    • Bad Call Quality while on 2G (GPRS & EDGE) Networks (probably related to AMR_WB)
    • Dynamic Switching between 2G (GPRS & EDGE) & 3G (UMTS & HSDPA) doesn't work (it is recommended to use 3G Only mode)
    • Rarely, some SIM Cards won't be able to register any network
    • GPS isn't 100% reliable due to experimental implementation
    • Conference Calls feature doesn't work yet

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband) version:
    GearCM version:
    GearCM download url:
    Google Apps version:

Did you--
    wipe data/factory reset:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance Settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:
    Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Changelog

20151129:
    • CLEAN INSTALL (first procedure) REQUIRED
    • Updated CM Sources
    • Switched to CM12.1 boot animation
    • Improved Performance here and there
    • Fixed Dialer issues
    • Restored some little animations
    • Reduced RAM Usage
    • Optimized KSM (still not enabled by default)
    • Removed useless buttons backlight option
    • Added GearCMParts to manage mDNIe Screen Options
    • Switched to ondemand CPU Governor to avoid performance issues
    • Improved Boot Time
    • Removed useless notification lights path to Lights HAL (probably cause of memory leaks)
    • Added Regulatory Info (SAR) to Settings app
    • Enabled screen dim to save battery
    • Optimized RAM management for low-ram devices
    • Restored Themes support
    • Fixed SetupWizard with Google Apps
    • "start" kernel: updated to latest version with new GearRecovery base
    • RECOVERY: switched to new GearRecovery base, newer and with better UI. TWRP Based
    • KERNEL: added lots of updates to fix memory leaks and minor issues

Previous Releases:

20150816:
    • Fixed Random Shutdowns when Battery Temperature is too high

20150814:
    • Fixed Random Reboots
    • Reduced RAM Usage (just a bit)
    • Disabled KSM by default
    • Improved Screen-On/Screen-Off latency

20150811:
    • First Release

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GearCM][NAND|S85xx][4.4.4] Optimized CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Wave I/II, ROM for the Samsung Bada OS

Contributors
    Alberto96, Volk204, Rebellos
    Source Code: https://github.com/GearCM

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20151129
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-29

Created 2015-08-11
    Last Updated 2015-11-30
    Just a release candidate for you all :)

http://renderserver.net/?dl=10d0b1f2223cb384d0f02b79dffca6e6

Follow this procedure to avoid any issue.

- Upgrading from another build of GearCM 11 to new GearCM 11 RC?
    2. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    3. Wait for about 10 minutes until "Reboot System" button is showed <= Do not press it
    4. Reboot to Recovery (Back => Reboot => Recovery)
    5. Wipe All (Factory Reset + Advanced Wipe => System) <= It is better if you wipe internal sdcard too from "Advanced Wipe" menu
    6. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu) <= Again
    7. Install SuperSU from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    8. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)

Any Feedback is welcome, and required.

Little Changelog:

- Updated CM Sources
    - Improved Stability to the max
    - Improved Performance
    - Fixed some little issues here and there
    - Probably improved battery life too, but i'm not sure. My battery isn't original, neither is as good as the original. (My Original Samsung Battery is swollen)
    - Removed just some little and unused apps. Themes/Setup Wizard/libemoji are back.
    - Using new GearRecovery (TWRP Based)
    New build is up!

Enjoy :)
    Hi Alberto96,

thans a lot for your great work. Does this mean no further work at all or can we hope for something else (like 5.1.1)?

Bye

Read previous posts and...

" Patience is a virtue. " ( @aboyazan78 great signature )
    New build is up!

Enjoy :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone