[GearCM][NAND|S85xx][4.4.4] Optimized CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Wave I/II [20151129]

Search This thread

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
dgz46WE.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.x (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

ROM Downloads

<< Stable >>

20151129 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087007316

SuperSU Flashable ZIP (needs to be installed separately): https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

Previous Releases:

20150816 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347795005

20150814 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fi...ww.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347792055

Google Apps (add-on)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934548318 <== Avoid to install any Google Apps, but if you really need them this is the recommended package

Installation

3-button-combo = "Volume Up/+" + "Home/Center" + "Power/Lock"

- First time flashing GearCM 11 to your Samsung Wave (or coming from other Android ROMs, including older GearCM releases)?
  1. Download and flash latest available Bada 2.0 for your device (Google will be your best friend in this case)
  2. Download BOOTFILES, Kernel and FOTA for your device
  3. Flash BOOTFILES, "start" kernel and FOTA using Multiloader
  4. After Reboot device will automatically boot into recovery
  5. Follow this procedure: Advanced -> Terminal Command -> Select -> Type "sh partition.sh"
  6. Wait until on screen you see "Partitions had been prepared"
  7. Follow this procedure: Back -> Back -> Back -> Reboot -> Recovery -> Swipe to Reboot
  8. After Reboot, device will boot again into recovery
  9. Now you can copy GearCM Flashable ZIP & SuperSU into Internal or External Storage using MTP (Internal/External) or using USB Storage (Only External) <= Check if USB Storage/MTP is enabled in "Mount" menu.
  10. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
  11. Wait for about 10 minutes until "Reboot System" button is showed
  12. Install SuperSU from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
  13. Optionally install Google Addon ("Go Back", "Install"....)
  14. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)
- Upgrading from another build of GearCM 11? (not valid if upgrading to 20151129 build)
  1. Reboot into Recovery using 2-button-combo [Volume Up + Power/End]
  2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  3. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
  4. Wait for about 10 minutes until "Reboot System" button is showed
  5. Install SuperSU from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
  6. Wipe Dalvik & Cache.
  7. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)

Differences from Standard CyanogenMod
  • ROM & Kernel are compiled using newest sources and improvements
  • Removed Useless and RAM-Hungry apps such as VoicePlus & CMUpdater
  • Optimized Dalvik VM for low-ram and uniprocessor devices
  • Optimized system DBs access (SQL Optimizations)
  • System & Userdata partitions are using F2FS instead of EXT4 to get maximum performance from NAND Storage
  • Device Tree and Kernel have been enhanced and corrected in order to obtain maximum performance from our device
  • SELinux has been disabled to avoid issues
  • Pre-Odexed to reduce first boot time
  • Removed TV Out support (RAM-Hungry and hacky)
  • Many other performance improvements that i don't remember

Known Issues (regarding latest available Stable build)
Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
  • Built-in Sound Recorder crashes if File Type is set to WAV (seems CM sources bug)
  • Bad Call Quality while on 2G (GPRS & EDGE) Networks (probably related to AMR_WB)
  • Dynamic Switching between 2G (GPRS & EDGE) & 3G (UMTS & HSDPA) doesn't work (it is recommended to use 3G Only mode)
  • Rarely, some SIM Cards won't be able to register any network
  • GPS isn't 100% reliable due to experimental implementation
  • Conference Calls feature doesn't work yet

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Radio (baseband) version:
GearCM version:
GearCM download url:
Google Apps version:

Did you--
wipe data/factory reset:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance Settings (other than stock):
other modifications:
Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Changelog

20151129:
  • CLEAN INSTALL (first procedure) REQUIRED
  • Updated CM Sources
  • Switched to CM12.1 boot animation
  • Improved Performance here and there
  • Fixed Dialer issues
  • Restored some little animations
  • Reduced RAM Usage
  • Optimized KSM (still not enabled by default)
  • Removed useless buttons backlight option
  • Added GearCMParts to manage mDNIe Screen Options
  • Switched to ondemand CPU Governor to avoid performance issues
  • Improved Boot Time
  • Removed useless notification lights path to Lights HAL (probably cause of memory leaks)
  • Added Regulatory Info (SAR) to Settings app
  • Enabled screen dim to save battery
  • Optimized RAM management for low-ram devices
  • Restored Themes support
  • Fixed SetupWizard with Google Apps
  • "start" kernel: updated to latest version with new GearRecovery base
  • RECOVERY: switched to new GearRecovery base, newer and with better UI. TWRP Based
  • KERNEL: added lots of updates to fix memory leaks and minor issues

Previous Releases:

20150816:
  • Fixed Random Shutdowns when Battery Temperature is too high
  • Improved Performance & Smoothness

20150814:
  • Fixed Random Reboots
  • Reduced RAM Usage (just a bit)
  • Disabled KSM by default
  • Improved Screen-On/Screen-Off latency

20150811:
  • First Release

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[GearCM][NAND|S85xx][4.4.4] Optimized CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Wave I/II, ROM for the Samsung Bada OS

Contributors
Alberto96, Volk204, Rebellos
Source Code: https://github.com/GearCM

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 20151129
Stable Release Date: 2015-11-29

Created 2015-08-11
Last Updated 2015-11-30

DIRAR11

Jun 16, 2014
thank you man i just install it istead of 5.1
(wave 2 s8530)
setting crash when entering THEMES: theme-pack bootanimation icons font sound-packs :(
i really hope to get them work in other versions

sound recorder crush when using wav extention

when i choosed wallpaper system restartbut it continue to work normal

apps working fine and very smooth like no other rom (and tried every rom in forum) :good:

as first release it is great can't wait for other releases :cool:

ps: i didn't use gapps when i used it went a liiiitlle laggy but not bad

Last edited:

ice_ice

May 11, 2012
www.youtube.com
I'm using wave 1 ( gt-s8500)
clean install with no Gapps

-this is maybe be a random bug but when system booted for the first time , i Signal lost and phone rebooted , than shutdown it self ?? :confused:

nothing when executing
Code:
 /proc/last_kmsg.
/system/bin/sh: cat: /proc/last_kmsg: No such file or directory

-I took a logcat for this

when i choosed wallpaper system restart but it continue to work normal

-i noticed this line in logcat that probably isn't related to the above reported issue
Code:
E/audio_a2dp_hw(  957): adev_set_parameters: ERROR: set param called even when stream out is null

-Some error in media scanner , i checked the files ,and they are corrupted on my sd card
E/MediaScannerJNI( 1333): An error occurred while scanning file '/storage/sdcard1/music/11 - Hooverphonic - Jackie Cane.mp3'.
E/MPEG4Extractor( 957): No width or height, assuming worst case 1080p

-When installing the ROM i noticed this 2 lines in the log :
mount: failed to mount /dev/lvpool/userdata
/data: device or resource busy
is it related to using F2FS , and there is no reason to worry about

- in anycase the ROM is amazing , very fast comparing to Omni 4.4 ;

Thank you :good:

Attachments

• 8500log.txt
    318.7 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: DIRAR11

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
thank you man i just install it istead of 5.1
(wave 2 s8530)
setting crash when entering THEMES: theme-pack bootanimation icons font sound-packs :(
i really hope to get them work in other versions

when i choosed wallpaper system restartbut it continue to work normal

apps working fine and very smooth like no other rom (and tried every rom in forum) :good:

as first release it is great can't wait for other releases :cool:

ps: i didn't use gapps when i used it went a liiiitlle laggy but not bad

1) Themes support has been removed.

2) Sound Recorder doesn't work on my Galaxy S4 too with WAV format, so i'm starting to think that it is an app's bug.

3) Working fine here

I'm using wave 1 ( gt-s8500)
clean install with no Gapps

-this is maybe be a random bug but when system booted for the first time , i Signal lost and phone rebooted , than shutdown it self ?? :confused:

nothing when executing
Code:
 /proc/last_kmsg.

-I took a logcat for this

-i noticed this line in logcat that probably isn't related to the above reported issue
Code:
E/audio_a2dp_hw(  957): adev_set_parameters: ERROR: set param called even when stream out is null

-Some error in media scanner , i checked the files ,and they are corrupted on my sd card

-When installing the ROM i noticed this 2 lines in the log :

is it related to using F2FS , and there is no reason to worry about

- in anycase the ROM is amazing , very fast comparing to Omni 4.4 ;

Thank you :good:

1) Uhm...this is interesting. Unfortunately i can't test SIM Card because i only have a secondary Micro SIM.

2) Oops...seems that i forgot to enable last_kmsg support in kernel :)

3) This error:
Code:
is normal. It is a fake error.

4) It's normal, because files are corrupted :)

5) That's another fake error.

You're welcome :D

Reactions: ice_ice

tofifo

Jun 19, 2012
This ROM is s h i t, s h i t
With this ROM the phone is turned off at every turn
When an application apk is installed manually or when installed using the google store, to after open application the phone goes off
Not so with a single application, it happens with many applications.
Too many restarts every few minutes.
I am grateful job to any developer, but to make rom full of mistakes failure is better to do nothing.
I lost my time installing and uninstalling your rom

Last edited:
Reactions: Alberto96

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
When an application apk is installed manually or when installed using the google store, to after open application the phone goes off
I am grateful job to any developer, but to make rom full of mistakes failure is better to do nothing.
It's nice to see someone spamming on XDA, almost every thread on XDA has at least one spammer, so this isn't uncommon to me.

Thank you then, your congratulations are appreciated ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ice_ice

May 11, 2012
www.youtube.com

Blame your ignorance :(

"this is a fresh and green teenager comment on youtube . go there for your people , you can understand each others "

Reactions: EthanWallace

ZephonWave

Oct 31, 2014
Wow! Very nice to see that there are still people willing to dedicate their time to these kind of projects (making a ROM for Samsung Wave is not something that will reach a big audience...).
I have a great respect for you, Alberto96! And also for ice_ice, who keeps giving support for everyone around here (I think he's the only one helping the noobs, such as myself).

I am quite curious to try this ROM, but my question is: is there any chance a SD-ROM version will be released? I am currently using Omni 4.4 from my SD card, which is working fine. I like to keep Bada for emergencies, since many times I found myself traveling somewhere with 2G-only, and in those times Android on Samsung Wave has tons of problems (signal is bad, call quality is bad, etc...). So Bada comes to the rescue.

Anyway, if it's too much trouble porting it to SD-ROM, I might also take a chance with this NAND version, but I just thought I should ask first...

Reactions: ice_ice

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Wow! Very nice to see that there are still people willing to dedicate their time to these kind of projects (making a ROM for Samsung Wave is not something that will reach a big audience...).
I have a great respect for you, Alberto96! And also for ice_ice, who keeps giving support for everyone around here (I think he's the only one helping the noobs, such as myself).

I am quite curious to try this ROM, but my question is: is there any chance a SD-ROM version will be released? I am currently using Omni 4.4 from my SD card, which is working fine. I like to keep Bada for emergencies, since many times I found myself traveling somewhere with 2G-only, and in those times Android on Samsung Wave has tons of problems (signal is bad, call quality is bad, etc...). So Bada comes to the rescue.

Anyway, if it's too much trouble porting it to SD-ROM, I might also take a chance with this NAND version, but I just thought I should ask first...
No sorry, I don't have enough time to make two versions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ice_ice

May 11, 2012
www.youtube.com
*Mr alberto96 , i tested the ROM with Opengapps . and you may recommend not installing it at the moment . device get short on RAM . and if you just stressed it a little ; apps will crash
I took a logcat while playing with apps and stressing them to crash ,
*i disabled the services not needed in Google play service ;( like fitness and ads ..... ) . more than 150 services that made the wave slow down
*i disabled KSM ; and there is slightly better performance (Less work on CPU :confused:)

Here are some interesting line from the Logcat :

-Log has many ANR and APPs not responding
[
Code:
E/ActivityManager(  434): ANR in com.android.systemui
E/ActivityManager(  434): PID: 499
E/ActivityManager(  434): Reason: Broadcast of Intent { act=android.intent.action.TIME_TICK flg=0x50000014 (has extras) }
E/ActivityManager(  434): Load: 14.51 / 9.76 / 5.41
E/ActivityManager(  434): CPU usage from 0ms to 56196ms later:
E/ActivityManager(  434):   9% 2553/com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad: 6.7% user + 2.2% kernel / faults: 6004 minor 198 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   6.5% 434/system_server: 3.7% user + 2.7% kernel / faults: 6935 minor 183 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   3.5% 19/ksmd: 0% user + 3.5% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   3.2% 499/com.android.systemui: 2.5% user + 0.7% kernel / faults: 7036 minor 64 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   2.2% 64/mmcqd/0: 0% user + 2.2% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   1.7% 3031/com.android.vending: 0.7% user + 1% kernel / faults: 3435 minor 132 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   1.6% 2522/com.google.android.gms: 0.5% user + 1.1% kernel / faults: 4930 minor 382 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   1.1% 111/rild: 0% user + 1.1% kernel / faults: 25 minor
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0.5% 116/debuggerd: 0.2% user + 0.3% kernel / faults: 1758 minor 213 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0.9% 666/com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet: 0.5% user + 0.4% kernel / faults: 2776 minor 33 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0.5% 3094/android.process.media: 0.1% user + 0.3% kernel / faults: 2167 minor 71 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0.4% 56/irq/121-s5pv210: 0% user + 0.4% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0.4% 117/surfaceflinger: 0.1% user + 0.3% kernel / faults: 3355 minor 1 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0.2% 628/com.android.phone: 0.1% user + 0% kernel / faults: 434 minor 4 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0.2% 18/kswapd0: 0% user + 0.2% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0.1% 6/rcu_kthread: 0% user + 0.1% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0.1% 15/cfinteractive: 0% user + 0.1% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0.1% 606/com.google.android.gms.persistent: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 447 minor 4 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 3/ksoftirqd/0: 0% user + 0% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 69/dhd_dpc: 0% user + 0% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 641/com.android.incallui: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 332 minor
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 770/com.google.process.gapps: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 381 minor 4 major
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 5/kworker/u:0: 0% user + 0% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 634/com.bel.android.dspmanager: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 253 minor
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 106/f2fs_gc-254:1: 0% user + 0% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 109/servicemanager: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 29 minor
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 115/netd: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 95 minor
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 123/sdcard: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 17 minor
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 407/flush-254:1: 0% user + 0% kernel
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 579/sdcard: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 21 minor
E/ActivityManager(  434):   0% 586/com.android.inputmethod.latin: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 351 minor 3 major
E/ActivityManager(  434): 100% TOTAL: 15% user + 16% kernel + 65% iowait + 2.3% softirq

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  434):   MemInfo: 12952 kB slab, 568 kB shmem, 32 kB buffers, 71792 kB cached, 2616 kB free
I/WindowState(  434): WIN DEATH: Window{421e9798 u0 Keyguard}
I/ActivityManager(  434): Process com.android.systemui (pid 499) has died.

Have a nice day :cowboy:

Last edited:

ice_ice

May 11, 2012
www.youtube.com
Could you give "call forwarding" and " caller ID" a look . the two were working in CM9 and the earlier builds of CM10 . i don't know what did change

But since then ; Dialer.apk crash when ever you try to access the two in dialer setting

Gapps on 283MB/RAM are for with no question to avoid , even in the days of cm9 when Gapps had less services ;

Kind regards

Wisher_SiD

Feb 12, 2014
Belgrade
Thank you so much for this ROM, Alberto! I've been hoping for someone to go back to 4.4 instead of focusing on new features with 5.1 when we dont have enough ram for that and here you are releasing this. Im downloading and installing atm, will report back on the performance. :)

UPDATE: It seems to run smoothly however, like some people have previously reported, every now and then the phone freezes and restarts randomly as well as when changing the wallpaper. The network works fine (after a few restarts) and we'll see how it performs with use. Also, i keep losing my network connecting after a few minutes of uptime and i have to restart the phone every time that happens.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dgz46WE.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.x (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

ROM Downloads

<< Stable >>

20151129 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087007316

SuperSU Flashable ZIP (needs to be installed separately): https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

Previous Releases:

20150816 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347795005

20150814 Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fi...ww.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347792055

Google Apps (add-on)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934548318 <== Avoid to install any Google Apps, but if you really need them this is the recommended package

Installation

3-button-combo = "Volume Up/+" + "Home/Center" + "Power/Lock"

- First time flashing GearCM 11 to your Samsung Wave (or coming from other Android ROMs, including older GearCM releases)?
    1. Download and flash latest available Bada 2.0 for your device (Google will be your best friend in this case)
    2. Download BOOTFILES, Kernel and FOTA for your device
    3. Flash BOOTFILES, "start" kernel and FOTA using Multiloader
    4. After Reboot device will automatically boot into recovery
    5. Follow this procedure: Advanced -> Terminal Command -> Select -> Type "sh partition.sh"
    6. Wait until on screen you see "Partitions had been prepared"
    7. Follow this procedure: Back -> Back -> Back -> Reboot -> Recovery -> Swipe to Reboot
    8. After Reboot, device will boot again into recovery
    9. Now you can copy GearCM Flashable ZIP & SuperSU into Internal or External Storage using MTP (Internal/External) or using USB Storage (Only External) <= Check if USB Storage/MTP is enabled in "Mount" menu.
    10. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    11. Wait for about 10 minutes until "Reboot System" button is showed
    12. Install SuperSU from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    13. Optionally install Google Addon ("Go Back", "Install"....)
    14. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)
    - Upgrading from another build of GearCM 11? (not valid if upgrading to 20151129 build)
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    4. Wait for about 10 minutes until "Reboot System" button is showed
    5. Install SuperSU from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    6. Wipe Dalvik & Cache.
    7. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)

Differences from Standard CyanogenMod
    • ROM & Kernel are compiled using newest sources and improvements
    • Removed Useless and RAM-Hungry apps such as VoicePlus & CMUpdater
    • Optimized Dalvik VM for low-ram and uniprocessor devices
    • Optimized system DBs access (SQL Optimizations)
    • System & Userdata partitions are using F2FS instead of EXT4 to get maximum performance from NAND Storage
    • Device Tree and Kernel have been enhanced and corrected in order to obtain maximum performance from our device
    • SELinux has been disabled to avoid issues
    • Pre-Odexed to reduce first boot time
    • Removed TV Out support (RAM-Hungry and hacky)
    • Many other performance improvements that i don't remember

Known Issues (regarding latest available Stable build)
    Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
    • Built-in Sound Recorder crashes if File Type is set to WAV (seems CM sources bug)
    • Bad Call Quality while on 2G (GPRS & EDGE) Networks (probably related to AMR_WB)
    • Dynamic Switching between 2G (GPRS & EDGE) & 3G (UMTS & HSDPA) doesn't work (it is recommended to use 3G Only mode)
    • Rarely, some SIM Cards won't be able to register any network
    • GPS isn't 100% reliable due to experimental implementation
    • Conference Calls feature doesn't work yet

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband) version:
    GearCM version:
    GearCM download url:
    Google Apps version:

Did you--
    wipe data/factory reset:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance Settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:
    Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Changelog

20151129:
    • CLEAN INSTALL (first procedure) REQUIRED
    • Updated CM Sources
    • Switched to CM12.1 boot animation
    • Improved Performance here and there
    • Fixed Dialer issues
    • Restored some little animations
    • Reduced RAM Usage
    • Optimized KSM (still not enabled by default)
    • Removed useless buttons backlight option
    • Added GearCMParts to manage mDNIe Screen Options
    • Switched to ondemand CPU Governor to avoid performance issues
    • Improved Boot Time
    • Removed useless notification lights path to Lights HAL (probably cause of memory leaks)
    • Added Regulatory Info (SAR) to Settings app
    • Enabled screen dim to save battery
    • Optimized RAM management for low-ram devices
    • Restored Themes support
    • Fixed SetupWizard with Google Apps
    • "start" kernel: updated to latest version with new GearRecovery base
    • RECOVERY: switched to new GearRecovery base, newer and with better UI. TWRP Based
    • KERNEL: added lots of updates to fix memory leaks and minor issues

Previous Releases:

20150816:
    • Fixed Random Shutdowns when Battery Temperature is too high

20150814:
    • Fixed Random Reboots
    • Reduced RAM Usage (just a bit)
    • Disabled KSM by default
    • Improved Screen-On/Screen-Off latency

20150811:
    • First Release

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GearCM][NAND|S85xx][4.4.4] Optimized CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Wave I/II, ROM for the Samsung Bada OS

Contributors
    Alberto96, Volk204, Rebellos
    Source Code: https://github.com/GearCM

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20151129
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-29

Created 2015-08-11
    Last Updated 2015-11-30
    Just a release candidate for you all :)

http://renderserver.net/?dl=10d0b1f2223cb384d0f02b79dffca6e6

Follow this procedure to avoid any issue.

- Upgrading from another build of GearCM 11 to new GearCM 11 RC?
    2. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    3. Wait for about 10 minutes until "Reboot System" button is showed <= Do not press it
    4. Reboot to Recovery (Back => Reboot => Recovery)
    5. Wipe All (Factory Reset + Advanced Wipe => System) <= It is better if you wipe internal sdcard too from "Advanced Wipe" menu
    6. Install the ROM from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu) <= Again
    7. Install SuperSU from Internal/External Storage (via "Install" menu)
    8. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom :)

Any Feedback is welcome, and required.

Little Changelog:

- Updated CM Sources
    - Improved Stability to the max
    - Improved Performance
    - Fixed some little issues here and there
    - Probably improved battery life too, but i'm not sure. My battery isn't original, neither is as good as the original. (My Original Samsung Battery is swollen)
    - Removed just some little and unused apps. Themes/Setup Wizard/libemoji are back.
    - Using new GearRecovery (TWRP Based)
    New build is up!

Enjoy :)
    Hi Alberto96,

thans a lot for your great work. Does this mean no further work at all or can we hope for something else (like 5.1.1)?

Bye

Read previous posts and...

" Patience is a virtue. " ( @aboyazan78 great signature )
    New build is up!

Enjoy :)