• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Geekbench 4 New Record???

Search This thread

verifiedthug

Oct 2, 2017
Vivo X70 Pro+
So today after almost 8-9 months after purchasing a S9 exynos. I decided to run the geekbench 4. I was expecting low numbers since the current chart had highscore of 3270 and 8524. But mine came up with 3632 and 8861 which is highest score regardless of which phone.

Is this because of Android 9? Or Samsung playing tricks?

Screenshot in the next comment. Below.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

elliott2456

Feb 2, 2011
So today after almost 8-9 months after purchasing a S9 exynos. I decided to run the geekbench 4. I was expecting low numbers since the current chart had highscore of 3270 and 8524. But mine came up with 3632 and 8861 which is highest score regardless of which phone.

Is this because of Android 9? Or Samsung playing tricks?

Screenshot in the next comment. Below.

The highest score for the S9 on geekbench is around 4000 for single core and 10k for multi core. 3270 Is the average out of the users who have ran the benchmark with their Exynos S9/S9+. FYI because of Exynos M3 cores and how they are super power hungry they rarely ever run at 2.7ghz they mostly run at 1.7ghz.

In a sense yes Samsung is cheating since I only see the cores run at 2.7ghz with Google octane or Geekbench. Opening a app or even doing light video/photo editing the cores will never reach 2.7ghz. The screen shot is geekbench sorted by "Best scores" and the other screen shot is my geekbench score.