Geforce Experience Upgrade 9.0.0 [based on Android 11] [Recovery Images]

Search This thread

jenneh

Has anyone else attempted this flash? I got it booted after a fresh partition wipe, bc yesterday, the launcher kept crashing, however, even today it continues to crash. I can play around in settings and i'm sure a custom launcher would work fine, however I had someone who wanted to see the stock version early and this is erm, not quite right haa...

and what i mean by crash is it intermittently flashes black and then back into the launcher. no discernable pattern or guess as to why. going to continue to toy with it and try to update it...

---edit i jumped the gun, i think those flashes were updates

----so after flashing the system over, wait for the shield to post into the chromecast screensaver, dont mess with it, then it will be fine

jenneh

Hi guys

I tried to update my 2019 non pro shield with the how-to nvidia page I found here : https://developer.download.nvidia.c...-To-Flash-Recovery-Image-shield-atv-2019.txt?

But this method fails saying E:\ FAILED TO MOUNT /SDCARD

What ami doing wrong ?
My shield is non rooted, vanilia from scratch

Thx if someone can help :)
I think My main question would Be, and forgive me, because I'm learning as I go, While Running Stock, are you able to post into TWRP, after unlocking the bootloader?

Like, through fastboot, theoretically you shouldn't have to install the developer images as i did in my examples,,, but if you could get TWRP recovery to post, while in stock, with a momentarily unlocked bootloader, you should be able to run the OEM unlock code, then flash the staging blob, as well as the new images...

i do not mean to disrespect NVIDIA... but if you read their flash codes...
you can tell their devs are much more proficient on linux,
which is a great trait~! but it doesnt translate well for windoz userz...

AxBW

Jul 22, 2014
Does anyone know if it is possible to update to consumer release via OTA after flashing this developer release?

I'd like to install this developer release on my girlfriend's Shield TV 2017 now and once Nvidia releases the consumer release, would she be able to update it via OTA? She is not technically proficient to update it to the consumer release by herself using fastboot and ADB.

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Shield Experience 9.0.0 is working perfectly. I don't know why USB devices take forever to load files on Android 11 and crashes MX Player? Anyone else having the same issue? It's a developmental image so having these bugs occur is what happens. Anyways I reverted back to 8.2.3 and my issue is now resolved

LazorBlind

Feb 25, 2020
Seems like this new update does not like Magisk.

FLashing Magisk.zip causes me to be stuck going into bootloader.

Reactions: mrhamed

jolsowka

Jul 15, 2021
@ jenneh - Did your notepad not have the replace option?

1642216994265.png

LazorBlind

Feb 25, 2020
Seems like this new update does not like Magisk.

FLashing Magisk.zip causes me to be stuck going into bootloader.
NEVER MIND I LIED.

I tried to do the known working procedure from memory and missed a step, the method still works. Got latest update with root running row. Shame I had to do a factory reset while trying to figure things out but small sacrifices...

Reactions: jenneh and mrhamed

mrhamed

Apr 19, 2014
NEVER MIND I LIED.

I tried to do the known working procedure from memory and missed a step, the method still works. Got latest update with root running row. Shame I had to do a factory reset while trying to figure things out but small sacrifices...
Thank you for sharing your experience, I have some issue... to prevent fragment external HDD I prefer ext4 fs and unfortunately the nvidia roms doesnt support at this time! So I install microg magisk module on LineageOS 17 but I encountered black screen! also I install official microG release: https://download.lineage.microg.org/mdarcy/lineage-17.1-20220110-microG-mdarcy.zip but I encountered black screen too!

see:

jolsowka

Jul 15, 2021
I still only see the 8.2.3 recovery listed on the Nvidia website. I didn't sign in as a developer though. Where did you get version 9.0.0?

nooted1

Jul 18, 2015
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S8
I still only see the 8.2.3 recovery listed on the Nvidia website. I didn't sign in as a developer though. Where did you get version 9.0.0?
It has been officially released. If you're not signed up as a developer or if the developer site doesn't work for you like it didn't for me, then your best bet is to lock bootloader (if it's unlocked), check for updates and then install the updates, then unlock the bootloader and add any/all of your modifications back.

Reactions: jenneh

jolsowka

Jul 15, 2021
Had issues bypassing Google login so jumped on the Lineage bandwagon. Is there anything worthwhile in 9.0 over 8.2.3?

Top Liked Posts