[General Discussion] QF001 (ROCO K706) Head Units with UIS 7862s (not FYT based)

Search This thread

lefterisa3

Jul 20, 2017

Would you have a link to the mic capsule with bigger membrane?

It's 3,5" mini-mono jack for the external mic but interesting to know that + & - seem to be inversed 🤔. I should open up my unit once to check the chassis socket wiring for external mic... but still would need the audio input specification though.

Attachments

• IMG_20230125_073517.jpg
    IMG_20230125_073517.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230125_073311.jpg
    IMG_20230125_073311.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 21

lefterisa3

Jul 20, 2017
CTIA standard was the lavalier microphones i bought so i soldered accordingly. Sound became clear BUT even lower. Lost about 3db whenever the microphone was plugged.
So i had two options. Either cancel (desolder) the oem or try and replace it.
Regarding the mic i purchased.
Its a electret capacitive microphone 6mm.
Dont have any specs just bought it from an electronic shop costed 1 euro..
I didnt take any pictures. On the unit face there was a groove that the microphone should go in. The oem microphone was sitting far back and if you remember my previous post i did a yellow tube to direct the sound.
Now i stuffed the microphone in that hole and soldered 2 wires on the board had to open it slightly with a tool.
Hole was 5mm and i needed 6. Just that.
I was worried i will have to mess with the board microphone decoupling capacitors and the whole mic cirquit BUT it worked extremely well and i closed it up.
After a few days of use ( calls...voice recognition ect) they only thing i can say is i recommend doing it as the weak point appears to be the capluse itself and not the microphone board cirquit.

Last edited:

Clyde72

Dec 3, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A70
Lenovo P11
CTIA standard was the lavalier microphones i bought so i soldered accordingly. Sound became clear BUT even lower. Lost about 3db whenever the microphone was plugged.
So i had two options. Either cancel (desolder) the oem or try and replace it.
Regarding the mic i purchased.
Its a electret capacitive microphone 6mm.
Dont have any specs just bought it from an electronic shop costed 1 euro..
I didnt take any pictures. On the unit face there was a groove that the microphone should go in. The oem microphone was sitting far back and if you remember my previous post i did a yellow tube to direct the sound.
Now i stuffed the microphone in that hole and soldered 2 wires on the board had to open it slightly with a tool.
Hole was 5mm and i needed 6. Just that.
I was worried i will have to mess with the board microphone decoupling capacitors and the whole mic cirquit BUT it worked extremely well and i closed it up.
After a few days of use ( calls...voice recognition ect) they only thing i can say is i recommend doing it as the weak point appears to be the capluse itself and not the microphone board cirquit.
I also saw other forums with an external mic soldered directly to the mic circuit (other type HU), so even bypassing the external mic socket/connection. Still hope not to have to do that kind of thinkering...

Clyde72

Dec 3, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A70
Lenovo P11
Unfortunately I didn't find any option for mic inside there..
Just tested Shortcut Master Lite on an chinese tablet BMXC Y900 which also can not be rooted 🙁. (Also has a short thread here on Xda forum...)

Engeneering Mode can be explored and there are options like AudioVoice, AudioRecord, AudioVoiceEnhance etc but these can not be launched. I get a warning ending in "SU:not found".

So needs root access to make changes...

There is also an option "NonSleepMode" and for this I got a code from Ossuret 15935700 way back for the HU. So now I am wondering if they could or would give us a code for these AudioRecord e.g. ... Little chance I guess...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230125-161430.png
    Screenshot_20230125-161430.png
    156 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Tarfful

Jan 24, 2023

Attachments

• 5G_wifi.jpg
    5G_wifi.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: blue_one

DGTheJoker

Jan 20, 2023
With GPS only it depends on how quick the GPS has good signal.
My unit shows for 2 seconds 12:06 after start-up homescreen from no sleep mode, then gets updated with what I see now or believe with my hotspot first, with no hotspot it takes much longer, our RDS should also be able to get time, but think we don't have clock time (CT) implemented in our radio, because it takes network or GPS time.

Updating is always tricky with this kind of totally stripped down Android versions, do I need to clear/wipe data or not, do I need factory reset is always the question, Hizpo supplier said to me not necessary.
Myself always like fresh start after a full update.zip file, but regarding total factory reset you need to set everything again, canbus type, set physical buttons of the unit and so on and loose stuff that was installed by the supplier/Jitu before and maybe not in the new firmware from Jitu.

Your issues sounded like mine I had before, but was in my opinion related to sleepmode, Playstore not opening, Youtube not working, Sygic crashed to homescreen and so on.
My unit runs well now, also time not behind anymore, but using hotspot, but also without it GPS also update to the right time now after a clear/refresh AGPS in GPS test app on this unit.
Yes, your issues sound exactly like mine. What settings do you use for the time being displayed in the settings? Do you have "network time" on or do you use "network timeZONE" (gps?) ? both?

And, how long does it take for the time to update itself when you are NOT using hotspot and are dependant on the GPS signal?

I have my unit always in "no sleep" just to be sure not getting troubles with the car battery. Probably nothing bad will happen but I dont want to take that chance, it also doesn't even take that long to start up from complete shutdown. However, when in no sleep mode, the time is always at 12:06 just like you mentioned. It does correct itself after some time, usually when I start playing the radio or switch to another station, but that could also be a coincidence xD Only had this head unit for like a week now
S4 Ossuret (4gb/32gb)

blue_one

For our microphone issue: the internal and external microphone work in parallel mode. Somebody mentioned that the internal microphone would be disabled if the external is connected. I can't confirm that. I've connected the standard external microphone today and used a recording app. The app recorded from both microphones simultaneously. So the external microphone is not the solution if there is no way to disable the internal microphone. Maybe I also go the way to solder a different mic inside.

The microphone settings inside the audio_config.xml looks interesting too but I wasn't able to modify them. I've made the vendor partition rw and tried to push the modified xml to the etc folder. But it fails due "not enough space on the device" even if I delete the original xml from the folder before. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I'm more into hardware than coding. 😆

Clyde72

Dec 3, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A70
Lenovo P11
For our microphone issue: the internal and external microphone work in parallel mode. Somebody mentioned that the internal microphone would be disabled if the external is connected. I can't confirm that. I've connected the standard external microphone today and used a recording app. The app recorded from both microphones simultaneously. So the external microphone is not the solution if there is no way to disable the internal microphone. Maybe I also go the way to solder a different mic inside.

The microphone settings inside the audio_config.xml looks interesting too but I wasn't able to modify them. I've made the vendor partition rw and tried to push the modified xml to the etc folder. But it fails due "not enough space on the device" even if I delete the original xml from the folder before. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I'm more into hardware than coding. 😆
It was the seller from Ossuret who claimed external mic became default when connecting it. Also said it was better. So far the thrustworthiness from after sales support 😉. But I suppose Ossuret is more a Sales & Mkt machine rather than techies...

I never tested recording with both mics in fact, I should have... but I focussed more on volume adjustment (which doesn't do wonders when driving e.g.)

Reactions: blue_one

Meteordust

Feb 3, 2014
Zurich
Yes, your issues sound exactly like mine. What settings do you use for the time being displayed in the settings? Do you have "network time" on or do you use "network timeZONE" (gps?) ? both?

And, how long does it take for the time to update itself when you are NOT using hotspot and are dependant on the GPS signal?

I have my unit always in "no sleep" just to be sure not getting troubles with the car battery. Probably nothing bad will happen but I dont want to take that chance, it also doesn't even take that long to start up from complete shutdown. However, when in no sleep mode, the time is always at 12:06 just like you mentioned. It does correct itself after some time, usually when I start playing the radio or switch to another station, but that could also be a coincidence xD Only had this head unit for like a week now
S4 Ossuret (4gb/32gb)
I
Hi, I have a S7, with fw20230109,mcu20230103.

Have automatic time network & GPS ON.
Time zone I have OFF, settled my time zone manual.

My problem before was that when I left network and GPS OFF, time was not adjusted after a NO sleepmode start, then putted it on with network connected, time was set right and few seconds later it went 4 min behind.

Depends on how quick hotspot is connected, not every day the same, but in general after booting I see 12:05 jumps to 12:06 and shortly after 2~3 sec the right time, on same moment that WIFI symbol comes in the screen.
I put my phone always on hotspot before starting the car,
Without WIFI can take 5-10 seconds longer..I assume GPS takes over.

Not sure if our RDS radio updates time like my old OEM radio did..no setting for that, normally you can set it off/on with a CT button, just like TA/TP, for traffic or news information/ bulletins while using RDS station.
For that also the radio need to be active and connected to a RDS station.

Will test tomorrow all possible variations, to be sure about RDS, radio on or off, automatic network&GPS from a NO sleepmode startup.

Meteordust

Feb 3, 2014
Zurich

Did you set the rw properties the same as the original xml?, there are 9 possibilities to set or not, and will be lost when you copy a file, modify and save it with a text editor,, after saving you need to set the rw properties as original one and then copy/overwrite the original one.

Is this device properly rooted to overwrite?

I need to dig deep, years ago I played around with a rooted phone and modified all kind of files inside Android.
Never changed anything regarding the folder rw properties, that should not be needed when it is properly rooted and you have access with a mounted RW root explorer, only reeded out the rw props of the original file, made a copy, modified it, set the same rw props and overwrite the original one.

And yes also found the file you mention in vendor, not on HU device but in the update fw file, extracted it, system and vendor...dat.br, in my case to see the exact structure of the stock bootanimation.zip to make my own.
Indeed mic sensitivity can be set, looks like it, also mainboard mic to off, but when you say that both mic are active who knows if both mic and the external plug mic are not on the same input, just parallel connected, although would be a weird solution of manufacture.
It also shows possibilities of BT headsets, wired headset or AUXmic.

You needed to reinstall the firmware, coz you deleted the original audio-config file?

popamor

Aug 24, 2006

@blue_one can you edit the audio_config.xml file directly?

fefferico

Dec 14, 2012
Hi guys, thanks for this wonderful thread and the one with the firmware all in one place!
I've just installed mine which I think is a S4 by Hizpo on my Peugeot 2008 (2015 year awful Smeg) QF001.20220915.130908
I think mine was a bargain cause I bought it on Amazon.it for 219€ (shipping included) while a car workshop offered me for 780€ (item + setup)

I think I'm going to update with the version you posted on the other thread and dated to 16-12-2022, but I wanted to ask you guys a few questions:

1) I've got just parking sensors, didn't bought the camera, how do you show just the sensors image as soon as I insert the rear without having to see that black screen labeled "no signal"? I know I have no signal, there's no camera... I just want my sensors to go full screen, if it's possible obviously

2) do you know if it's possible to change the beep sound of those parking sensors? The default one is just annoying

3) when opening a door while engine is running a popup windows comes up but with Chinese text: any chance to get it translated?

4) how do we know if there's any new update for the cartablet firmware? Do we need to write to support everytime?

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

And now a few more!

1122 / 2211 - both popup a bubble with chinese text. I thought they were the same at first but they have different characters. (They both have the word “log” in it)

6655 - opens up a screen that appears to be the same as 555666 but these are also in Chinese so I don’t know if there are differences. Notably when you enter this menu with either code it will record a snippet of audio from the mic and play it back.

4455 - engineer mode (lots of stuff in here to explore, includes adb shell)

5544 - gps stuff

1212 - notification that says “slog copied to unkown”

2121 - seems to just take you home

45645600 - download mcu file
    How did you discover the codes?
    Just by trying a bunch of different codes and looking for patterns. Starting by looking at the codes we already knew I discovered they are all a repeating sequence of digits that are adjacent to each other on the keypad. Once you find a pattern there’s usually another code that uses the same pattern somewhere else on the keypad. If you actually type in the codes and look at the physical pattern they make you’ll see what I mean. For example 114477 is just the digits in the left column of the keypad going down. 336699 is the same pattern in the right column. And then some codes are just variations on top of that, like doing a code in reverse (which we already knew) as well as adding 00 to the end of some. This is how I discovered all the codes. Once I’d find one code Id try that same pattern in all places and variations. Simple as that! I’m sure there’s more patterns yet to be discovered so try different ideas out and see what you can find. With many people using these strategies I’m sure we can discover more! I may have even missed a few using the patterns of ones I found.
    and here is the next who buy one of these, i have the s7 6gb/128gb variant ot the unit, fast as hell, not comparable to my px5 unit. the 4g sim thing work like a charm.
    but what the hell is this for a stupid launcher, no notifications and lot of useless batches.
    i have a app that run in background, but show the status over a notification icon in the top bar, without this icon i dont know is it running, work it?
    so i tried nova launcher, but dont get access to the radio and other system apps.
    i hope someone can build a custom rom without this useless launcher and full access to the taskbar.
    Hi, nova launcher can access the radio and system apps on newer firmware versions. And you can use a notification widget as workaround for the status bar.
    I have created a dedicated thread for firmware files in the hope of having a central repository for updates that isn't comingled with this thread. If you have new links to firmware please post it there and then quote your comment and post it here for visibility, or vice versa. Thanks.

Additional factory codes:

332211 - Shows temperature and clock speed
    996633 - Exports some config file
    Just by trying a bunch of different codes and looking for patterns. Starting by looking at the codes we already knew I discovered they are all a repeating sequence of digits that are adjacent to each other on the keypad. Once you find a pattern there’s usually another code that uses the same pattern somewhere else on the keypad. If you actually type in the codes and look at the physical pattern they make you’ll see what I mean. For example 114477 is just the digits in the left column of the keypad going down. 336699 is the same pattern in the right column. And then some codes are just variations on top of that, like doing a code in reverse (which we already knew) as well as adding 00 to the end of some. This is how I discovered all the codes. Once I’d find one code Id try that same pattern in all places and variations. Simple as that! I’m sure there’s more patterns yet to be discovered so try different ideas out and see what you can find. With many people using these strategies I’m sure we can discover more! I may have even missed a few using the patterns of ones I found.
    Good morning lads! I´ve made a dedicated thread for the recovery stuff: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...uret-s4-s8-uis-7862-headunits-no-fyt.4538107/
    Cheers
    I´ve located the microphone settings in /vendor/ect/audio_config.xml but i had no time to play around with the yet.
    I have created a dedicated thread for firmware files in the hope of having a central repository for updates that isn't comingled with this thread. If you have new links to firmware please post it there and then quote your comment and post it here for visibility, or vice versa. Thanks.

Hello all,

it seems that there are some QF001 owners out there but not much informations. So i will try to collect everything and put it at one place.

The original manufactor is shenzhen jitu technology co. ltd.

These units are sold from Ossuret, Hizpo and other brands. This are the sellers specs:
    specs.JPG

The Android 12 is fake which is Android 10 in reality.

I have the 8/128GB Version myself:
    Screenshot_20221129-085346.png

Codes for the factory settings menu:

• 8888 - access to advanced settings
    • 114477 - activates developer mode (Than you have to do the usual procedere: touch the build number on the system info screen several times until it says that you are developer now.)
    • 22558800 factory reset
    • 15935700 turns off sleep mode (Not tested by myself)
    • 332211 - Shows temperature and clock speed
    • 996633 - Exports some config file
    Different firmware versions are inside this thread. Take care of the right MCU file and beware that clear user data is enabled by default on update. There is also a dedicated firmware thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-with-uis-7862a-7862s-not-fyt-based.4541261/

Dedicated thread for gaining recovery access: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...uret-s4-s8-uis-7862-headunits-no-fyt.4538107/

Beside the faked Android 12 Version the head unit seems to be a good bang for the buck. I´ve paid around 230 Euros including VAT and shipping. The unit runs stable and powerful so far. Everything works as expected. The Android is a bit downcutted by the manufactor. There are no text notifications in the statusbar e.g. But i can compensate that with widgets.

Against the description android auto works wireless with my Xiaomi Mi10t pro. So that's also nice to have.

Tweaks, mods and others:
    - replacement fan that fits my model: Sunon MF35101V21000UA99
    - there's a sleep whitelist in the factory settings menu that prevents apps from being killed in standby mode (ignition off). That's very useful. I've whitelisted Google maps e.g. and don't lose my programmed route anymore if i turn off the engine for a short stop.
    - tasker trigger for warm boot: detect any USB device connected. (You have to plug in something into the usb port, dashcam or pendrive e.g.)
    - the status bar only shows a few symbols and no text notifications. Therefore I use a notification widget in combination with nova launcher. This way I can see all notifications in a widget which would be at the status bar originally.
    - wireless ADB is enabled by default with root user. 🎉 The port is 9876. ( I've found that inside the build.prop)
    - if you want to have a look inside the firmware you can use a rom kitchen tool like CBR
    - how to change the boot logo:
    1. If your player is 1280*720 screen, you need to rotate the picture 90 degree, and cut it into 720*1280 size, transform the picture to .BMP format.
    2. If your player is 1024*600 screen, you need to cut the picture to 1024*600 size, transform the picture to .BMP format.
    3. copy the picture into your Udisk root path, and then connect Udisk to the player. follow the steps settings-factory-8888-Logo set-then you can see your picture and select it- click update logo.

To be continued...

Cheers
    blue_one
    Additional factory codes:

332211 - Shows temperature and clock speed
    996633 - Exports some config file
    Good morning lads! I´ve made a dedicated thread for the recovery stuff: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...uret-s4-s8-uis-7862-headunits-no-fyt.4538107/
    Cheers