• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General questions about FF-5000 8227L demo

Search This thread

marv66

Oct 23, 2021
Hi,

I tried the APK of Saiy that you indicated to me in the link.
I thank you.
It's the only one that really works offline.
Unfortunately for those who are not native Speakers English is quite difficult.:unsure:
Above all it tells me that it only supports the English language, even trying to give custom commands for example de you have to give an address in the navigator that is not English does not find it... you should pronounce the name of a city or a street as if a foreigner were reading it, guessing what the spelling might be...😵😵

I tried to see on

which speaks of configurable language, but the link application says that there is only English.

Saiy is also very complex with many options that I would not use, however, if there was the Italian version, I could waste time (and I know it takes a lot...) to configure it.

If anyone knows other apps, with just the basic commands to be given (such as the examples of the last message) and multilingual I would be grateful.

For now I'll try to fiddle a bit 'among the menus of saiy, in the scraps of time...

Anton TNT

Sep 24, 2020
Croatia
Hi,

I tried the APK of Saiy that you indicated to me in the link.
I thank you.
It's the only one that really works offline.
Unfortunately for those who are not native Speakers English is quite difficult.:unsure:
Above all it tells me that it only supports the English language, even trying to give custom commands for example de you have to give an address in the navigator that is not English does not find it... you should pronounce the name of a city or a street as if a foreigner were reading it, guessing what the spelling might be...😵😵

I tried to see on

which speaks of configurable language, but the link application says that there is only English.

Saiy is also very complex with many options that I would not use, however, if there was the Italian version, I could waste time (and I know it takes a lot...) to configure it.

If anyone knows other apps, with just the basic commands to be given (such as the examples of the last message) and multilingual I would be grateful.

For now I'll try to fiddle a bit 'among the menus of saiy, in the scraps of time...

Must be languaege support, like microsoft has a pack to download and install. sorry to hear that all, please try then to find suitable program for you, there are many on net, just search google

marv66

Oct 23, 2021
Hi,

Unfortunately for the Italian language I found only programs that run online relying on google....

I hope that in the future "saiy" integrates the possibility of other languages besides English.
Plugins for "saiy" I can't find them.

For now with one eye I will have to look at the road and the other look where to press the touch screen...

bhudcser

Nov 29, 2014
Budapest
Hi Guys,

I'm afraid the answer will be "Impossible" but let's give a try.
Is there any way to add a bluetooth device (OBD Interface) manually? I know the pairing works only in one direction (search/add the HU by the phone). In this case I would like to search for BT devices on the HU itself.

Thanks, Daniel

MrReis

Feb 8, 2010
Has anyone tried the "Erase All Content" option in the factory settings? If so, then what does if actually do? Is "ALL" content erased (need to load the firmware) or are just all the settings set back to their factory default?

I was trying to figure out what some of the factory settings are for and kind of messed things up. My HU used to have a factory setting in "Others" named "Last Memory" but now its gone. I think it had a "Remember" and an "Unremember" setting. I tapped on one of the settings (I think it was "Remember") and I think a dialog box opened asking to use the "Internal SD" or "External SD." Then I think I tapped on "External SD," and I think I then backed out of the factory settings without saving anything.

Some time later I tapped on the "MP Mode" factory setting and icons for saving saving the settings to the SD card or the USB storage were displayed. I tapped on the "save factory settings to SD" icons. After that when I viewed the contents of the SD card two new files were present: "ts8227Lfactory.bin" and "tssysteminfo.txt."

After this I noticed that the radio station presets, the audio adjustments of everything (volume, equalizer) were not being saved between HU power cycles. The music and radio station being played was not automatically resumed after a HU power cycle. Then I noticed that any changes I made to the factory settings were also not being saved between HU power cycles. Interestingly (or not) the SWC settings and the last played music (source, track and time) were being saved between HU power cycles (although the music didn't start automatically).

The "Reset All Settings" option in the "Car Infotainment" "Common" settings did not restore settings being saved between power cycles. I didn't want to try the "Erase All Content" option in the factory settings or HW reset (using the RST button on the HU front panel) because I didn't know if I would have to reload the firmware, or not, after that.

I thought the "ts8227Lfactory.bin" file on the SD card may have something to do with the settings not being saved between power cycles. So when the HU was powered down I removed the SD card. Then I powered the HU up set the radio presets and all the audio adjustments. After a power cycle I found that all of the settings were being saved between power cycles as well as changes I made to the factory settings. EXCEPT the equalizer settings are still not being saved between power cycles,

Does anyone know how to restore the "Last Memory" setting in the Factory settings "Others" settings? Does anyone know how to get the equalizer settings to be saved between power cycles?

The following is my half baked explanation as to why my HU didn't save many settings between power cycles. I believe that the HU stores the factory settings and backs up the factory settings to files with the same name (i.e., "ts8227Lfactory.bin"). I further believe that the HU must keep some way to validate the factory settings file external to the settings file. If the preceding is correct, then my guess as to why my many of my HU's settings were not being saved between power cycles is that first I unintentionally moved the "ts8227Lfactory.bin" file where the HU settings are stored to the external SD card. Then I backed up my HU's factory settings to the SD card which overwrote the "ts8227Lfactory.bin" file the HU uses to save factory settings. The settings I backed up to SD card were different than the settings in the settings saved by the HU in the "ts8227Lfactory.bin" file. So after that when the HU loaded the settings from the "ts8227Lfactory.bin" file when the HU was powered on the HU could not validate settings and fell back to the default settings. But not sure why the HU then wouldn't save the factory settings by overwriting the backup "ts8227Lfactory.bin" on the CD card. I believe that removing the SD card forced the HU to write the factory settings file back to its default location (where ever that is).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mastef76

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone tried the "Erase All Content" option in the factory settings? If so, then what does if actually do? Is "ALL" content erased (need to load the firmware) or are just all the settings set back to their factory default?

I was trying to figure out what some of the factory settings are for and kind of messed things up. My HU used to have a factory setting in "Others" named "Last Memory" but now its gone. I think it had a "Remember" and an "Unremember" setting. I tapped on one of the settings (I think it was "Remember") and I think a dialog box opened asking to use the "Internal SD" or "External SD." Then I think I tapped on "External SD," and I think I then backed out of the factory settings without saving anything.

Some time later I tapped on the "MP Mode" factory setting and icons for saving saving the settings to the SD card or the USB storage were displayed. I tapped on the "save factory settings to SD" icons. After that when I viewed the contents of the SD card two new files were present: "ts8227Lfactory.bin" and "tssysteminfo.txt."

After this I noticed that the radio station presets, the audio adjustments of everything (volume, equalizer) were not being saved between HU power cycles. The music and radio station being played was not automatically resumed after a HU power cycle. Then I noticed that any changes I made to the factory settings were also not being saved between HU power cycles. Interestingly (or not) the SWC settings and the last played music (source, track and time) were being saved between HU power cycles (although the music didn't start automatically).

The "Reset All Settings" option in the "Car Infotainment" "Common" settings did not restore settings being saved between power cycles. I didn't want to try the "Erase All Content" option in the factory settings or HW reset (using the RST button on the HU front panel) because I didn't know if I would have to reload the firmware, or not, after that.

I thought the "ts8227Lfactory.bin" file on the SD card may have something to do with the settings not being saved between power cycles. So when the HU was powered down I removed the SD card. Then I powered the HU up set the radio presets and all the audio adjustments. After a power cycle I found that all of the settings were being saved between power cycles as well as changes I made to the factory settings. EXCEPT the equalizer settings are still not being saved between power cycles,

Does anyone know how to restore the "Last Memory" setting in the Factory settings "Others" settings? Does anyone know how to get the equalizer settings to be saved between power cycles?

The following is my half baked explanation as to why my HU didn't save many settings between power cycles. I believe that the HU stores the factory settings and backs up the factory settings to files with the same name (i.e., "ts8227Lfactory.bin"). I further believe that the HU must keep some way to validate the factory settings file external to the settings file. If the preceding is correct, then my guess as to why my many of my HU's settings were not being saved between power cycles is that first I unintentionally moved the "ts8227Lfactory.bin" file where the HU settings are stored to the external SD card. Then I backed up my HU's factory settings to the SD card which overwrote the "ts8227Lfactory.bin" file the HU uses to save factory settings. The settings I backed up to SD card were different than the settings in the settings saved by the HU in the "ts8227Lfactory.bin" file. So after that when the HU loaded the settings from the "ts8227Lfactory.bin" file when the HU was powered on the HU could not validate settings and fell back to the default settings. But not sure why the HU then wouldn't save the factory settings by overwriting the backup "ts8227Lfactory.bin" on the CD card. I believe that removing the SD card forced the HU to write the factory settings file back to its default location (where ever that is).
    Works!

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH !!!!!
    YOU SAVED ME.(y)(y)(y)(y)

I am happy to have found a forum of competent people.
    did you try this?
    click on the gear where it says HMI: and put in 8888 as the password,
    go to OTHER
    find INSTALL and set it to enable
    find PROTECTION and set it to DISABLE
    Hello.

Thank you for the information.

I did as you indicated, in fact the INSTALL option is disabled.
    View attachment 5442569

Unfortunately when I try to activate it, it requires a password!
    View attachment 5442571

Is this a known password? Does anyone know it?

Thank you
    3234 I believe. It's on the forums here somewhere. Id look but traveling at the moment. Will update if I find something different